Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

NC. Mac Brown is the new head coach at North Carolina. Looks like Kingsberry is the new OC and Chiz will be the new DC. 

Thanks for clarification. I didn't realize the news broke this morning of Brown to NC. Is KB to UNC done deal or more/less assumed at this point?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

NC. Mac Brown is the new head coach at North Carolina. Looks like Kingsberry is the new OC and Chiz will be the new DC. 

Is this a joke? What an odd group of coaches lol.

1 hour ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Looks like Bryant is going to North Carolina. Kingsberry is going to be the new OC. 

Are you getting this info from Auburn folks...or others?

On 9/28/2018 at 12:18 PM, SouthGATiger said:

After reading the comments lately about Gus inability to coach up QBs.....one question:  why would Bryant pick AU?  It's a fair question in that if CGM & CCL can't develop QBs then why would KB play his last season under them.  What's the incentive?  Nothing at all against the environment and team but given all the negative comments about those two....If I was KB then that might be a deal breaker. 

Bryant doesn't need developing.  He's probably developed all he's going to.

He needs a team that wants a dual-threat QB.  And AU has traditionally (in recent years) run an offense that needs a dual-threat QB.  So maybe we have a chance...

We'll know for sure on Dec 4th.

49 minutes ago, Zeek said:

That program will be soft and out of control in 2-3 years with that triumvirate of leaders.  Good to know Mac Brown is still alive though.

21 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That program will be soft and out of control in 2-3 years with that triumvirate of leaders.  Good to know Mac Brown is still alive though.

Amazed anyone would take the old man after he tried to burn down the village in a Texas.

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

Chiz was Brown’s DC before he took the Iowa State job.  He helped Texas to the 2005 NC against USC.  Chizik was hired away from Auburn after the 2004 season.  So, there is some history and trust in that hire.  Kingsberry will be a great hire.  I would think Mack will only have a couple of good years and, it is speculated, Chiz may step into the HC job.

49 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

I'm just glad that I won't have to listen to Mack on TV anymore.

3 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

That would  be a lethal  combo

1 hour ago, gulftiger66 said:

I'm just glad that I won't have to listen to Mack on TV anymore.

Yeah, me too.  But I sure do miss seeing Nick Saban beat his ass in "Hungry, Hungry Hippos".

2 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I think both Hugh Freeze and Kelly Bryant will be Auburn Tigers very soon.

I kind of hope so..short of firing CGM and starting from the bottom with a complete new staff. Time will tell...That is the only thing that is certain given our current situation.

3 hours ago, The Freak said:

I thought that UNC was Chiz's last job.

It was. He was DC, then quit to spend time with his kids who were in HS back here in AU. They may be graduating now so he may be itching to get back in. And I think he left on good terms with NC admin....

1 hour ago, steeleagle said:

It was. He was DC, then quit to spend time with his kids who were in HS back here in AU. They may be graduating now so he may be itching to get back in. And I think he left on good terms with NC admin....

according to local radio his son is graduating this year and said they said that Chizik has been happy to be home with his family but is really ready to get back on the sideline.

5 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

AU or kinda others. Hard question to answer. 

Does this mean Gustav is going to put the full court press on Hurts?

5 hours ago, aubearcat said:

Does this mean Gustav is going to put the full court press on Hurts?

Hurts has to put in his request to transfer 1st.

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

Really??? That's a great set of coaches... OC and DC. Macs problem was his offense. He won't have that issue with Kliff. I don't need to show you his resume. Chizik had a killer D under Mac and TT. Jeez. Short memories around here. 

8 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Really??? That's a great set of coaches... OC and DC. Macs problem was his offense. He won't have that issue with Kliff. I don't need to show you his resume. Chizik had a killer D under Mac and TT. Jeez. Short memories around here. 

Wasn't referring to X's and O's.  All three are Sawft as heck, and don't run a very tight, disciplined ship.  Players coaches for sure.  Who's gonna be the bad guy there?

Just now, tigerbrotha12 said:

I've tried to look back through this thread... why are some now saying Bryant to UNC is a done deal? From what I've seen, he's really high on Auburn....

Based on the potential of new who the new OC might be

2 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Why would Kingsberry being there matter? Not questioning it, just wondering what the big deal is. 

Don't know.  That is just what others were saying earlier in the thread.

2 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

Don't know.  That is just what others were saying earlier in the thread.

Gotcha. Hmm, I'd like to know why it's such a big deal for Bryant that Kingsberry is going to be at UNC

Archived