Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Arky needs him perhaps but does he want to got to some bottom feeder with nothing going for it?   Having a relationship with the coach probably does not make up for playing on a team that will win two or three games..

JMO but I expect he would prefer to go somewhere with the possibility of being in championship contention.

Yes. Good point.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

Not saying that.  I am saying that we would have too many QB's at that point.  

Gotcha. I don't tend to count guys who I don't think will ever play. I certainly wouldn't steer a better player elsewhere because of them.

I am comfortable with Sandberg and Nix yes.  I would not be surprised at all if Nix was starting next year.  I am impressed with how to takes control of a room, not only on his HS team, but his competitions he did over the summer.  Very mature kid as well and is very accurate.  

I wish I could be that optimistic. Nix is roughly on par with Kodi Burns, Kiehl Frazier and Jeremy Johnson in terms of hype. 

1 minute ago, abw0004 said:

This is a valid point, but couldn't every recruit say the same about us after the 2012 season?

2012 was a fluke in my view....arky's situation is a long term trend and gonna take Morris some time to reverse the process....which if I were  a rising senior, would not be very appealing.  

8 minutes ago, AUsome_Tiger11 said:

From that same article, which was my point:

Hurts will complete his degree in December and be eligible somewhere immediately as a graduate transfer.

9 minutes ago, AUsome_Tiger11 said:

He can still leave as a grad transfer after the season. If he left now, he could’ve had two seasons of eligibility elsewhere. 

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

From that same article, which was my point:

Hurts will complete his degree in December and be eligible somewhere immediately as a graduate transfer.

Giving up one year of eligibility by hanging around for the rest of the season.....but still a good situation for him to have one more year.. 

24 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Why am I seeing so much a Russell Wilson repeat in this situation?

Wouldn't be a repeat. Gus begged Chiz to take RW. Chiz chose not to. This one is squarely in Gus's hands.

1 minute ago, ellitor said:

Still waiting to hear if that is a given.

What if I told you... that there would be whispers that Stidham might come back for another year... and I wouldn't be sure how I felt about it...

Am I in the minority on Nix? I guess some don’t see him in the same stratosphere as Lawrence lol...I personally think Nix can come in and start over Joey and Willis, and I thought think Kelly would want to be in a space where a freshman can potentially push him out again. 

1 hour ago, aujeff11 said:

He can still leave as a grad transfer after the season. If he left now, he could’ve had two seasons of eligibility elsewhere. 

He may as well finish as the backup...the REC will take care of he and his family while he's there. Why not? 

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

Wouldn't be a repeat. Gus begged Chiz to take RW. Chiz chose not to. This one is squarely in Gus's hands.

I don’t know how I never heard this but damn that’s a shame...

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

What if I told you... that there would be whispers that Stidham might come back for another year... and I wouldn't be sure how I felt about it...

I was one of the biggest campaigners to get him here in 2016. I believe he’ll eventually have some good plays/games in the league. But I’m ready to see him go. It’s just not a fruitful marraige. He belongs in an air raid offense that takes chances, not one that comes with a ball n chain. Ready for some Sandberg / Nix / Bryant next season. 

Just now, aujeff11 said:

That’s one of the better pictures I’ve seen of Gus and that’s hilarious.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

"Like" somehow seems inappropriate but I do agree with this sentiment. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That is how rumors get started and this is the home of no rumors.  Right?  Lol. 

I for one would be thrilled if Stidham came back, but If not I would love to see KB transition us to Bo Nix. 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I was one of the biggest campaigners to get him here in 2016. I believe he’ll eventually have some good plays/games in the league. But I’m ready to see him go. It’s just not a fruitful marraige. He belongs in an air raid offense that takes chances, not one that comes with a ball n chain. Ready for some Sandberg / Nix / Bryant next season. 

I’d be celebrating for a week I’d JS came back. The only thing that has changed for him is huge losses on the O Line. It wasn’t that long ago that we were deciding between Mosley or Wallace or Frazier. JS has been a huge asset for us, and anyone who can beat UGA and UAT in the same season is really good. At least that’s my opinion. 

7 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I’d be celebrating for a week I’d JS came back. The only thing that has changed for him is huge losses on the O Line. It wasn’t that long ago that we were deciding between Mosley or Wallace or Frazier. JS has been a huge asset for us, and anyone who can beat UGA and UAT in the same season is really good. At least that’s my opinion. 

You’re right. Partially. If you had added Kerryon as the bellcow, you’d have made an A+.

B+ for effort. 

Both + schedule are exactly why I attempted to temper expectations for this season. I had us at 9-3. I’d like to ammend that to 8-4 now. 

4 hours ago, AUsome_Tiger11 said:

I think it is disrespectful and selfish of Saban to play Hurts unless Tua gets hurt.  Why take a year of eligibility away from him just to prove you're an a--hole?

1 hour ago, gr82be said:

"Like" somehow seems inappropriate but I do agree with this sentiment. 

You know I should just admit I know squat about all things football.........after landing Cam I stated he would take us places..........since I spent pre season Jeremey and Jarred saying it sure feels nice not having to worry about QB positon........again I know squat.

2 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

You know I should just admit I know squat about all things football.........after landing Cam I stated he would take us places..........since I spent pre season Jeremey and Jarred saying it sure feels nice not having to worry about QB positon........again I know squat.

I have an odd feeling this season. Feels like something's off besides the OL. JS isn't seeing the field well and I know pressure can contribute to that. I just thought he would be able to over compensate for the OL deficiency while they gained experience and cohesiveness. I like Stidham so I don't want to sound like I've turned on him at all. He played awfully well last year in November and now he just looks different. I just don't think it's all on the line. 

Archived