Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

31 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Agree....engaged to a girl in Texas, …should be close to having his degree....seems like his life future is not in the state of Alabama...

This^^^^^^^^^^^By this time next year he'll have joined Bobby at Ewing Oil.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

I was one of the biggest campaigners to get him here in 2016. I believe he’ll eventually have some good plays/games in the league. But I’m ready to see him go. It’s just not a fruitful marraige. He belongs in an air raid offense that takes chances, not one that comes with a ball n chain. Ready for some Sandberg / Nix / Bryant next season. 

I just don't understand people wanting Stidham out and are ready for Bo Nix... Nix belongs in the exact same offense Stidham belongs in, and neither are going to be their best in this offense. 

1. Nix will be a true freshman. Its difficult playing in the SEC as a true freshman.

2. Nix will bring the same game as Stidham with 3 things different. Nix is shorter than Stidham, weighs less than Stidham,  and has less arm strength than Stidham. 

3. The offense will look almost exactly the same with Nix and Stidham

Everyone who complains about Stidham now, will also complain about Nix. Nix brings nothing to the table that Stidham doesn't. 

The only difference will be that next season's line will have to be better than this line, even if it's the exact same lineup. A year of causing Stidham to struggle will pay off for Nix. That's all that will be different. Well that and Boobie, Shivers, snd Asa will have a year under their belts.

I seriously don't get it. So many people on here wanting Stidham gone and are excited to bring in Nix... 

I don't think the changing of the guard will bring the changes you guys are looking for. The offense under Bryant, Sandberg, or Gatewood would look different. Those guys bring something different to the table. Bo Nix does not. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything from Nix. He is an amazing talent, but so is Stidham and you guys are wanting to push Stidham out the door to replace him with a shorter, smaller, version of himself with less arm strength.. 

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

3rd best QB since 2000? Hilarious. Guy has a terribly inaccurate arm. Gets his rushing stats off scrambles and the occasional draw. Avoids contact, which made it simple to scout him. I predicted Steele would put a spy on him and flush him to the sidelines. Exactly what he did. His one big passing play was essentially a desperate hail mary in which the WR pushed off our DB. Kirby Smart merely followed the blueprint that Steele laid out and shut him down too.

Marshall has a much better arm. Marshall just didn’t have the luxury of Calvin Ridley to throw to.

Hurts would be a bust in a zone read offense as he avoids contact and has zero lateral quickness, like Cam and Marshall were exceptional at. 

He's so crappy he may just as well stay at uat until his eligibility runs completely out, i can't think of team that would take him after they read your critique.  Win-win for saben again I guess. :puke:

Man we know we can eat or own quickly and look how the tables turned after a big win to open season. Now some are saying Stidham can’t leave soon enough. Am I reading that correctly?

2 hours ago, around4ever said:

Correct!  I understand that Saban is a control freak and it works very well for him at UAT.  But, in my opinion, this shows he has no respect, compassion or concern for the player's well being.  All he cares about is winning, being called the greatest college coach ever and disrespecting media. 

How is Saban having a negative impact on Jalens well-being? He’s giving him playing time in every game, on a team that’s going to the playoffs at worst, and winning another Natty at best. And he can still transfer as a grad student after December. There are far worse ways to spend your days as a college football player than having a couple of SEC and National Championship rings, as a backup or starter. 

35 minutes ago, PoetTiger said:

Man we know we can eat or own quickly and look how the tables turned after a big win to open season. Now some are saying Stidham can’t leave soon enough. Am I reading that correctly?

Yes you are reading it correctly. After a couple of major wins when Stidham does well, the pack will turn and seek another target.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Yes you are reading it correctly. After a couple of major wins when Stidham does well, the pack will turn and seek another target.

hoping you are right......about the part when JS leads us to a couple major wins....and the rest will take care of itself...

13 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Dabo is classier than Saban. I'll give him that

Probably so.....and as an aside.....note that Dabo has lost 3 QBs to transfer in two years....has had some really good guys there but as for QBs, there is almost never room for more than one really good QB on a squad. 

Just now, AU64 said:

hoping you are right......about the part when JS leads us to a couple major wins....and the rest will take care of itself...

He's capable of being the most accurate passer we've ever had at Auburn. We saw a lot of that last season and some in the Washington game this year. Let the line mature a little, or Stidham come out of his (so far) brief slump and we'll be cookn' on the front burner while the pack howls at the heels of the next player/coach/administrator to draw their ire.

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Stidham isn't the problem.  He's the symptom of the problem.  I don't think anyone here is bashing him.  They're bashing how he is being used. JMO of course.

1 hour ago, PoetTiger said:

All I've seen people say (and said myself) is that 1) Stidham returning would not further his development and 2) he clearly hasn't progressed and this offense clearly hasn't progressed with him since last season. 

If this gets turned around, then his draft stock stays good (or gets good again) and he needs to leave. If it doesn't, this this is clearly a big fat sack of fail and he really needs to leave.

I don't think Stidham is our problem. He hasn't played well, but not many QBs could under these circumstances. 

Edit: What @oracle79 said.

I actually don't think our offense would look that much different with KB at QB. We will still run 85% of the same plays with a few more designed QB runs/QB keepers on the zone read look that we still run except Stidz never keeps it. Only difference is KB would tuck it and run for positive yards when things broke down, and boy, they WILL break down with how our playcalling goes -- but KB moving the chains with his legs on passing plays will make Gus look much smarter.

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

You are reading that correctly . The same way Ricardo Louis, CJ, Quon Bray and Sammie Coates needed to get out. This offense caters to certain positions. If it has the right people it can be unstoppable, but it is also limited in scope, especially if it doesn’t have those personell types. I was hoping it would change with the addition of CCL, but that remains to be seen.

We have a ton of talented guys , so with their skills and the exposure of Auburn, they can get a shot at the next level. But the problem is , they turn out be sufficiently limit in their knowledge of the position that causes them to be in an uphill battle. I don’t want to see any player potentially lose millions of dollars, which is why I am also open to the transfer rule.

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I just don't understand people wanting Stidham out and are ready for Bo Nix... Nix belongs in the exact same offense Stidham belongs in, and neither are going to be their best in this offense. 

1. Nix will be a true freshman. Its difficult playing in the SEC as a true freshman.

2. Nix will bring the same game as Stidham with 3 things different. Nix is shorter than Stidham, weighs less than Stidham,  and has less arm strength than Stidham. 

3. The offense will look almost exactly the same with Nix and Stidham

Everyone who complains about Stidham now, will also complain about Nix. Nix brings nothing to the table that Stidham doesn't. 

The only difference will be that next season's line will have to be better than this line, even if it's the exact same lineup. A year of causing Stidham to struggle will pay off for Nix. That's all that will be different. Well that and Boobie, Shivers, snd Asa will have a year under their belts.

I seriously don't get it. So many people on here wanting Stidham gone and are excited to bring in Nix... 

I don't think the changing of the guard will bring the changes you guys are looking for. The offense under Bryant, Sandberg, or Gatewood would look different. Those guys bring something different to the table. Bo Nix does not. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not taking anything from Nix. He is an amazing talent, but so is Stidham and you guys are wanting to push Stidham out the door to replace him with a shorter, smaller, version of himself with less arm strength.. 

Since the 2017 SECCG, Stidham has done nothing but regress. But some want an additional season of a 1st Round QB talent putting up FA results? Pass. 

And no, I do not believe Nix will start next season. 

3 hours ago, keesler said:

He's so crappy he may just as well stay at uat until his eligibility runs completely out, i can't think of team that would take him after they read your critique.  Win-win for saben again I guess. :puke:

He’s not a pro prospect. Adequate college QB. Definitely not Top 3 college QB since 2000. Lofty starting record due to his 5-star teammates. 

Easy to scout defensively. Again, one TD against our D, a desperate hail mary-esk toss w no offensive PI and would have been blanked by the Georgia D had Tag not been an option. 

2 hours ago, PoetTiger said:

Best pocket passing talent we’ve had since Jason Campbell. He’s being wasted being stuck in the wrong ball n chain offense that frowns on passes anywhere near the LB/Safety areas. Yet folks are somehow scratching their noggins over the pic McElroy posted.

Kelly Bryant is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in Kelly Bryant, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

10 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Best pocket passing talent we’ve had since Jason Campbell. He’s being wasted being stuck in the wrong ball n chain offense that frowns on passes anywhere near the LB/Safety areas. Yet folks are somehow scratching their noggins over the pic McElroy posted.

I'll bite.. what pic?

16 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

I'll bite.. what pic?

The one that's been posted by two different people earlier in som thread. I can't find it now or I'd post it or at least a link to the original posting of it

8 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The one that's been posted by two different people earlier in som thread. I can't find it now or I'd post it or at least a link to the original posting of it

Nice edit lol.  "The one that was posted twice already, but i cant find it either."

Just now, atl-tiger said:

Nice edit lol.  "The one that was posted twice already, but i cant find it either."

Yeah sorry about that. I knew I had seen it posted twice already today in the same thread, but it was on a different site.

Listening to some chat this AM about KB leaving Clemson and complaint about him has been the number of sacks he has taken.....apparently viewed that he does not get rid of the ball quickly enough....could not find the career or season numbers for him but the team had 31 last year which was all probably on him....a bit less than AU but still a lot of sacks for a team of that quality. . 

Archived