Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

On 9/26/2018 at 1:03 PM, DAG said:

But Clemson is not predicated on athleticism like Auburn’s. That is what you not getting. Also Trevor Lawrence was a 5 star QB. By far the #1 player in the nation last year. Trevor Lawrence could start on any team this year in my eyes save for Bama with Tua. I like Bo Nix . I think he is going to be very good. I don’t necessarily know if he will be ready as soon as he steps on the plains. 

Lawrence may have been No. 1  recruit last year but my understanding is that it was debatable a toss-up between Justin Fields and Lawrence.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, autan said:

Lawrence may have been No. 1  recruit last year but my understanding is that it was debatable a toss-up between Justin Fields and Lawrence.

Justin fields has a lot of potential. Quite a bit of UGA fans want him to start right now. 

2 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Couldn't find it because it was on another site, but here is the pic referenced

Screenshot_2018-09-27-13-50-03.png

How in the hell does that end up being a sack. He had a pocket and options for days.

34 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

How in the hell does that end up being a sack. He had a pocket and options for days.

Poorly executed by JS. Definitely did not see it well. Hopefully he is hitting some film study this week. 3 pretty good routes and a good pocket. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

Listening to some chat this AM about KB leaving Clemson and complaint about him has been the number of sacks he has taken.....apparently viewed that he does not get rid of the ball quickly enough....could not find the career or season numbers for him but the team had 31 last year which was all probably on him....a bit less than AU but still a lot of sacks for a team of that quality. . 

As long as he doesn’t get sacked 11 times in a game , we have a fighting chance 

17 minutes ago, DAG said:

As long as he doesn’t get sacked 11 times in a game , we have a fighting chance 

true but after game #1 by both teams, he was sacked 6 or 7 more times the rest of the season than JS....and playing a better OL.    Just noting that like JS, he sometimes has trouble pulling the trigger on his pass plays and of course he probably turned a good number of "potential sacks" into gains of some kind.  KB is very much like Hurts....better runner than passer. 

So, where is Joey Gatewood in all this mix?  With the arrival of Sandberg, and the anticipation of Nix, is Gatewood now just chopped liver?  I thought he was highly touted just a few months ago.

7 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Best pocket passing talent we’ve had since Jason Campbell. He’s being wasted being stuck in the wrong ball n chain offense that frowns on passes anywhere near the LB/Safety areas. Yet folks are somehow scratching their noggins over the pic McElroy posted.

Is he better than Chris Todd? 

6 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

The guy on the right is covered by the ref. After this play I wonder if he threw the ball in the dirt out of anger? 

14 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

The guy on the right is covered by the ref. After this play I wonder if he threw the ball in the dirt out of anger? 

Seems natural, we've been playing against the refs for a while now. 

2 hours ago, AU64 said:

true but after game #1 by both teams, he was sacked 6 or 7 more times the rest of the season than JS....and playing a better OL.    Just noting that like JS, he sometimes has trouble pulling the trigger on his pass plays and of course he probably turned a good number of "potential sacks" into gains of some kind.  KB is very much like Hurts....better runner than passer. 

I was just joking 

10 hours ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

He’s not a pro prospect. Adequate college QB. Definitely not Top 3 college QB since 2000. Lofty starting record due to his 5-star teammates. 

Easy to scout defensively. Again, one TD against our D, a desperate hail mary-esk toss w no offensive PI and would have been blanked by the Georgia D had Tag not been an option. 

I said he'd be top 3 here, not overall lol. 

4 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

So, where is Joey Gatewood in all this mix?  With the arrival of Sandberg, and the anticipation of Nix, is Gatewood now just chopped liver?  I thought he was highly touted just a few months ago.

Alot of people that supposedly have closer ties into practices and such believe that his passing ability is a lost cause apparently. IDK how well you have to be able to throw to be in a Gus offense or how they were measuring him, but who knows? I rather see him in a Gus-Auburn pre 2015 offense than see Gus try to design another passing offense with Bo though, unless the talent discrepancy is just THAT large. We can try this 1000 times but outside of screens posts and occasional intermediate routes, asking for pocket passers to work here seems like a broken record 

8 hours ago, autan said:

really one of the few recruiting cycles with two generational QB prospects. Both are guys that would immediately start at 99% of programs and Fields would probably be closer to Fromm (if not having passed him) if they weren't 40x more talented than the East teams they play. I could see Smart not hesitating to sub Fields in against say, us, in Athens if it starts looking like the difference in mobility is the reason they lose. 

5 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

A highly touted athlete with the hopes of developing into a QB. He's not chopped liver. He just has to develop & his attitude has to get better.

16 hours ago, AU64 said:

Agree....engaged to a girl in Texas, …should be close to having his degree....seems like his life future is not in the state of Alabama...

Not what I was referring to. With her already graduating from Baylor & her little sister being a Soph at AU now I would not be surprised if she is living in AU now.

11 hours ago, The Freak said:

Kelly Bryant is their first choice. Any other is, at best, settling for second best. If Auburn cannot pull in Kelly Bryant, it is a failure. That's how I see it.

Thanks Gus for coming on here & letting the world know your QB plans. Very much appreciated.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

A highly touted athlete with the hopes of developing into a QB. He's not chopped liver. He just has to develop & his attitude has to get better.

He is not a ready-made QB though.and that is an issue...especially for next season...

8 hours ago, DAG said:

I was just joking 

You made a good point...things like that have a mental impact....both QBs took too many sacks. IMO

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Thanks Gus for coming on here & letting the world know your QB plans. Very much appreciated.

No problem, I had a little time after designing this weekends plan on offense.  Screen passes and runs up the middle when the line is stacked!

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Oof. If true, then hard pass. No pun intended.

17 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

It looks like 77 is losing the angle,  I bet the sack comes from there. But there is no excuse for holding on to the ball that long. Smh. Hes better than that

Archived