Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

On 10/2/2018 at 7:28 PM, DAG said:

I am not saying you will have players who don’t live up to their potential. I am asking what player who has remained the starter at Alabama flopped?

If they remained the starter, they obviously didn't flop. There's no way to address your question.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If they remained the starter, they obviously didn't flop. There's no way to address your question.

Why don’t you actually read the thread instead of always quoting me looking for an argument. I specifically asked him who does he consider a flop and he named Blake Sims , Coker and AJ McCarron. My response ? How are they flops? I understand you have this personal vendetta against me, but please read the thread, so I don’t have to keep rehashing the same talking points.A flop to me is a Jeremy Johnson , Jordan Jefferson, Kenny Hill, Blake Barnett. Guys who started multiple times and never played up to their potential. 

On 10/1/2018 at 2:17 PM, Proud Tiger said:

From what I hear from Clemson contacts we don't want Bryant at Auburn. And it's definitely not sour grapes.

Yea, it doesn't sound like sour grapes... like AT ALL. They all LOVED Bryant while he was still on the roster. As soon as Lawrence was named staring QB and Bryant missed a couple days of practice  (before announcing his transfer) the fan base had already turned on him. I kept up with their forums since it looked like Bryant was losing his grip on the staring position.

So yeah.... that doesn't sound like sour grapes... AT ALL... /scarasm

On 10/1/2018 at 9:53 PM, Cardin Drake said:

Well, I have no info. But I've been asking myself if events at Clemson would have unfolded the way they did if there were no "issues"?

Yes. They signed the #1 recruit in the nation that played his position. It was just a matter of time. Issues or not...

On 10/2/2018 at 12:17 PM, AuburnNTexas said:

I don't think Bryant is the answer. One as the season has progressed I have changed my view on Stidham. I don't see him leaving for NFL. We talk about our coaches developing QB's but we never put any of the onus on the QB himself.  Over the years bama has brought in one great HS QB after another and they have flopped and yet Tua comes in and as a freshman in biggest game plays lights out and then matches it this year. Same coaches who couldn't develop the other great HS QB's at bama all of a sudden are geniuses when Tua shows up.. You can talk it and talk it but the player has to do it. Every coach worth his salt works on footwork, checking through your passing tree, not locking in on one receiver.  The coach is not on the field the QB is.

I have watched Tua he does so many things naturally quick reads and check downs, looking off the defender, etc. He was doing this as a freshman Stidham has played three years and still does not do this. How much of that is Stidham and how much is the coaches. No doubt Stidham can make all the throws when given time but a great QB an NFL ready QB can do it when the world seems to be collapsing around him.

I am not letting the coaches off  when a QB has issues you can adjust the Offense around the QB to take advantage of QB's strengths and limit his weaknesses. With Stidham quick slants to Seth Williams, wheel routes to back, Cox leaking out, throwing to TE. all of these plays force LB's to stay home instead of blitzing. The word is out Stidham has happy feet when pressured so teams like So Miss are blitzing on almost every down. We have not adjusted the O to take advantage of this.

Stidham has clearly regressed under Gus... just as pretty much every QB he has ever coached at this level... But yeah, it's not on the coach. 10+ QBs have signed and the ONLY one who got better statistically was Nick Marshall and it was a marginal increase. But yeah... it's on each and every one of those players and absolutely not the fault of the one common denominator, the coach... our offensive genus... #SeemsLegit #NeverBlameGusSquad #ItsOnThePlayersCouldntBeGus

On 10/2/2018 at 2:11 PM, gohogs14 said:

Northwest Arkansas is actually really nice and one of the fastest growing areas of the country, unlike the rest of Arkansas lol.

We do have arguably the #1 WR recruiting class coming in (depending who you ask it's us or OU) for 2019 so that will help but the OL will still be a major problem. Definitely think he'd beat out Storey, much better fit for this system IMO. Be a nice stopgap to get the younger QBs more seasoning to start in 2020 and beyond.

I didn't realize his cousin is Martavis Bryant until a couple of days ago.

You have 2 top 50 WRs committed so far. The only people who think Arkansas has "arguably the #1 WR class are people in Arkansas. 

Oklahoma is BLOWING you away. And if Auburn somehow pulls a miracle and signs Jadon Haselwood, we would blow you out of the water, but even if that happens, Oklahoma would still have a superior WR class incoming than Auburn. 

Seriously how one can think they have arguably the #1 incoming WR class when they have 2 of the top 50 WR recruits is beyond me. I needed a good laugh today... Thanks.

247 '19 WR Rankings

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

I understand you have this personal vendetta against me, but please read the thread, so I don’t have to keep rehashing the same talking points.

I don't know how you got the idea that I have a personal vendetta against you. I don't. However, please read your own question ; "What player has flopped and remained the starter?" Flops don't remain the starter, anywhere at any position if there's even a marginal backup.

15 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I don't know how you got the idea that I have a personal vendetta against you. I don't. However, please read your own question ; "What player has flopped and remained the starter?" Flops don't remain the starter, anywhere at any position if there's even a marginal backup.

Jeremy Johnson and Jordan Jefferson both remained the starter for quite a bit of time . Kenny hill as well, so that’s not factual. And like I said in my previous post , the original poster actual named Alabama starters as flops.

32 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You have 2 top 50 WRs committed so far. The only people who think Arkansas has "arguably the #1 WR class are people in Arkansas. 

We also have #51 and #61 lol...like how you stopped at 50 though.

Tom Lemming is the one who said that, not Arkansas fans. We're approaching a top 10 class on Rivals (granted we're more likely to finish around 15 on there) so I guess it just depends which service you look at. Adding three 4-star WRs and possibly the #1 TE in the country is a pretty decent shot in the arm.

2 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Tom Lemming is the one who said that, not Arkansas fans. We're approaching a top 10 class on Rivals (granted we're more likely to finish around 15 on there) so I guess it just depends which service you look at. Adding three 4-star WRs and possibly the #1 TE in the country is a pretty decent shot in the arm.

I went top 50 because when you are saying things like "arguably the #1 WR class" top 50 at the position is where one looks. The top 50 is also the way 247 does their position rankings... Top 50. I didn't make the list cut off at 50, 247 did. 

Yes, adding 3 4* WRs and the #1 TE is nice, but that isn't anything close to the top WR class. Not when Oklahoma has 3 of the top 13. And has a possibility to sign the #1, #3, #10, and #13 WR. I mean do you seriously think #16, #29, and as you said #51, and #61 are better than #3, #10, and #13? That doesn't even consider their chances to land Haselwood the #1 player? 

Sorry my friend, but your commitments aren't on the same planet with OU. 

And finishing top 10 in rivals is meaningless. Top 10 composite is a different story, but top 10 in one service isn't something to be bragging about. 

14 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

I am a big fan of y'all's coach. A very good guy.

14 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

Also what would Morris do with the #1 TE? His offense is VERY similar to the Gus Malzahn offense. And in case you haven't checked our TE reception numbers since Gus has been here, I'll tell ya... TEs don't get much use in the offense. Below I've posted the stats of Jalen Harris, our starting TE over the last 4 years... See the amazing numbers TEs get in this offense? 

Capture+_2018-10-04-09-14-02.png

4 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Also what would Morris do with the #1 TE? His offense is VERY similar to the Gus Malzahn offense. And in case you haven't checked our TE reception numbers since Gus has been here, I'll tell ya... TEs don't get much use in the offense. Below I've posted the stats of Jalen Harris, our starting TE over the last 4 years... See the amazing numbers TEs get in this offense? 

This might be a better representation of his O

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/clemson/2013.html

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

We just had a TE catch 3 passes for 77 yards last week. When he was OC at Clemson, Dwayne Allen won the Mackey Award.

He didn't use the TE at SMU because they didn't have any on the roster when he took over. But I think he likes using it more than Malzahn does, everything else about the offense is pretty similar however.

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yea, it doesn't sound like sour grapes... like AT ALL. They all LOVED Bryant while he was still on the roster. As soon as Lawrence was named staring QB and Bryant missed a couple days of practice  (before announcing his transfer) the fan base had already turned on him. I kept up with their forums since it looked like Bryant was losing his grip on the staring position.

So yeah.... that doesn't sound like sour grapes... AT ALL... /scarasm

Yes. They signed the #1 recruit in the nation that played his position. It was just a matter of time. Issues or not...

Stidham has clearly regressed under Gus... just as pretty much every QB he has ever coached at this level... But yeah, it's not on the coach. 10+ QBs have signed and the ONLY one who got better statistically was Nick Marshall and it was a marginal increase. But yeah... it's on each and every one of those players and absolutely not the fault of the one common denominator, the coach... our offensive genus... #SeemsLegit #NeverBlameGusSquad #ItsOnThePlayersCouldntBeGus

Oklahoma is BLOWING you away. And if Auburn somehow pulls a miracle and signs Jadon Haselwood, we would blow you out of the water, but even if that happens, Oklahoma would still have a superior WR class incoming than Auburn. 

Seriously how one can think they have arguably the #1 incoming WR class when they have 2 of the top 50 WR recruits is beyond me. I needed a good laugh today... Thanks.

247 '19 WR Rankings

Well damn Wake Forest has 2 in top 50 

3 minutes ago, gohogs14 said:

We just had a TE catch 3 passes for 77 yards last week. When he was OC at Clemson, Dwayne Allen won the Mackey Award.

He didn't use the TE at SMU because they didn't have any on the roster when he took over. But I think he likes using it more than Malzahn does, everything else about the offense is pretty similar however.

He has a much more dynamic passing attack and is much more fluid with his tendencies as opposed to Gus 

Oh my goodness. We're trying to tell Arkansas fans that they should expect the same production from Chad Morris's tight ends that Auburn got from Jalen Harris?

GoHogs, this is very embarrassing. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all Auburn fans. Please continue to enjoy the production you're going to get from that position, and feel free to message us from time to time to let us know what it's like. Just do us a solid and don't talk to Luke Deal or Tyler Fromm about it, deal?

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He has a much more dynamic passing attack and is much more fluid with his tendencies as opposed to Gus 

I don't disagree, but in his last season as OC at Clemson (2014,) his TEs had a grand total of 18 receptions. Leggett had 9, Cooper had 1, and Seckinger had 8. It's not like the TE was used as a real weapon that season... And I haven't looked into his TE stats from SMU. He could of started throwing to them a lot more, I dunno. 

But either way, the entire point was about this "top WR class talk." 

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Well damn Wake Forest has 2 in top 50 

Yep, and where is the talk of them having the top WR class

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Oh my goodness. We're trying to tell Arkansas fans that they should expect the same production from Chad Morris's tight ends that Auburn got from Jalen Harris?

GoHogs, this is very embarrassing. Allow me to apologize on behalf of all Auburn fans. Please continue to enjoy the production you're going to get from that position, and feel free to message us from time to time to let us know what it's like. Just do us a solid and don't talk to Luke Deal or Tyler Fromm about it, deal?

Loof, you just skipped the entire point of my post. Yes I did say their offenses are very similar. THEY ARE. 

He himself said he didn't use a TE at SMU...because there was none on the roster... But he was there from the 15, 16, and 17 classes. It sure seems like of he had any interest in using the TE he would of at least recruited them and used them during his time there... 

And the entire thing about the TE was an after thought to the entire conversation. The conversation was about them bringing in the top WR class, but you knew that 

So for poops and giggles, I just looked up the stats from his TEs at SMU. 

From the 15, 16, and 17 season, here are the reception numbers for his TEs. Mind you this includes WR/TE like Sal and LB/TE for another. 

1 had 1 reception in those 3 years, 1 had 4 receptions in 3 years, 1 had 7 receptions in 3 years, and the leader in the house (which was the WR/TE) had 10 total receptions in 3 years. 

So yeah, Morris gets more out of his TEs, but not a lot. And who knows, maybe if Landon Rice wouldn't of been such a knucklehead, our TE numbers wouldn't of looked so terrible... But this thought that he uses TEs in an entirely different volume as Gus isn't true. 

Yes he has a MUCH MORE dynamic passing attack. Yes he seems to get the ball to his play making skill positions better. But as far as total TE receptions goes, it's not so different from what we've had since the Lutz/CJU days. In fact it's about the same as when we had those guys. We simply haven't had a Lutz or a CJU on campus. 

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bryant to AU is a very real possibility. 

How bout some offensive linemen to make it worth anything?

2 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Bryant to AU is a very real possibility. 

I can dig it. As long as Nix and Gatewood can, too.

With JAY BEE, love that nickname, good luck with this. 

Not as good of a nickname as Kodicat though. You know this. :poke:

With JAY BEE, love that nickname, good luck with this. 

Yeah, that's what I thought.

1 minute ago, aujeff11 said:

I can dig it. As long as Nix and Gatewood can, too.

Gatewood is a great athlete. Won't ever start at QB for AU. He is struggling at QB to say the least. 

Interested to see how the Nix deal shakes out. IMO anyways. 

Archived