Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

11 minutes ago, wcware said:

You would think if he was a positive surprise that he would expect to get some carries? Maybe?

There was a long way to go from the scouting report on him during his recruiting cycle to taking carries from the other guys. Not saying it won't happen, especially since he seems to be the heir apparent to Wildcat snaps after Whitlow. Of course, nothing is predictable with the current offensive mess. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, wcware said:

You would think if he was a positive surprise that he would expect to get some carries? Maybe?

Look at it this way. The year Pettway lead the SEC in rushing, didn't get a carry in the first two games. 

42 minutes ago, wcware said:

That's logical thinking. Gus is a 3 letter word meaning illogical.

29 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Look at it this way. The year Pettway lead the SEC in rushing, didn't get a carry in the first two games. 

meaning?

43 minutes ago, ellitor said:

That's logical thinking. Gus is a 3 letter word meaning illogical.

I have liked what little I have seen from him. His high school film I thought made him “look” a little soft. From what I have seen of him that does not look to be the case. I am excited about this cat.

Looking at Bryant's destinations I still think his best fits outside of the ACC are Florida and Auburn. The Arkansas thing doesn't really seem like a good idea in my opinion regardless of connections. Dan Mullen would likely do really well with KB and I don't doubt for a second that he would start over Franks. Auburn is still such a "?" in regards to if Stidham stays or goes and if we're even interested.

Still, no news from KB's side who he has considered.

7 hours ago, wcware said:

Pleasantly surprised doesn't mean you're ready for SEC football.  The staff is very excited about Worm and he isn't exactly ready.  

5 hours ago, AUDevil said:

RE Joiner: Is this like when we all wanted Brahms and Troxell to start to fix our offense?

Is Joiner still a RB? Nice.

Think about this, Gatewood, Shivers, and Joiner all on the field doing the read option. We can throw it to Seth Williams and Pickens just for s**** and giggles. 

On 10/5/2018 at 4:31 PM, aujeff11 said:

Is Joiner still a RB? Nice.

Think about this, Gatewood, Shivers, and Joiner all on the field doing the read option. We can throw it to Seth Williams and Pickens just for s**** and giggles. 

Pistol-Full House every play. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

I afraid KB wants to go to a school that will help him get to the next level not sure Auburn can do that at this time. Hope I'm wrong

Not sure there is any coach who is gonna do that in one year if Dabo did not get it done in 4.....and UNC?     bet they don't even know who will be the HC next season right now? 

4 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Not sure there is any coach who is gonna do that in one year if Dabo did not get it done in 4.....and UNC?     bet they don't even know who will be the HC next season right now? 

Competely agree Fedroa may be gone but I think he has a pretty big buy out not sure. 

11 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Competely agree Fedroa may be gone but I think he has a pretty big buy out not sure. 

Almost everyone does nowadays....apparently some at Louisville want to buy out Petrino but said they can't afford the $16Million it would cost.  

JMO but about all the schools that need a QB who can play  immediately are not likely to turn KB into an NFL QB in one year....and I was not even joking about my comment regarding Dabo.  He is probably as good as anyone out there at making good QBs out of 5* HS QBs....but not always of course. 

KB is who he is...and who he will likely be a year from now... and he should be looking at where he can start, can make a difference and have some fun......and not worry too much about the NFL.  JMO

Really hope Gus at least puts out a feeler for him. With Stidham gone, this guy would be a perfect placeholder for a year while Gatewood, Nix, and Cord get ready. I'd like a guy that has played in big time college games before running the offense in 2019.

Edit: And I'm not sure MW is gonna be a trustworthy thrower

3 hours ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Most consider Stidham gone after this year. We need to get KB here on a visit . 

I want to agree with you, but I’m tired of the inconsistency in our program, and tired of us being Transfer U. It’s time for our staff to start maximizing the talent we sign for four years. Quick fixes have become too much a part of our football culture. I respect your point, though.  WDE!!!

3 hours ago, Gowebb11 said:

I want to agree with you, but I’m tired of the inconsistency in our program, and tired of us being Transfer U. It’s time for our staff to start maximizing the talent we sign for four years. Quick fixes have become too much a part of our football culture. I respect your point, though.  WDE!!!

I’m impatient and want to win now . KB may not be the answer , but he would fit here . If not I will ride with Willis , gatewood, and nix . Also Stidham if he decides to stay . Very good point 

56 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I’m impatient and want to win now . KB may not be the answer , but he would fit here . If not I will ride with Willis , gatewood, and nix . Also Stidham if he decides to stay . Very good point 

I’m with you on the impatient part. I’m tired of mid seasons being about “wait till next year”. Also, it will be interesting to see how Sandberg develops. Would make for a great story if he climbs the depth chart. 

Archived