Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

Just now, DAG said:

Did you care when he picked up Jarrett Stidham?

No because everybody who coaches college ball wanted him. Gus was pretty much affirmed by everyone who can eval talent better than him. Unlike this time where it's only a few. much different situations.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ellitor said:

No because everybody who coaches college ball wanted him. Gus was pretty much affirmed by everyone who can eval talent better than him. Unlike this time where it's only a few. much different situations.

What about Cord Sandberg? I KNOW you like that pick.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

What about Cord Sandberg? I KNOW you like that pick.

Not necessarily. I just know at the time we needed another potential option for an answer with JS likely gone, MW & JG having trouble progressing, & Bo being a True Frosh next year. My posts on Cord have come from people into or close to the program so it's their liking I was conveying, not mine.

Just now, ellitor said:

Not necessarily. I just know at the time we needed another potential option for an answer with JS likely gone, MW & JG having trouble progressing, & Bo being a True Frosh next year. My posts on Cord have come from people into or close to the program so it's their liking I was conveying, not mine.

But you aren’t questioning it like you questioning the offer of KB which doesn’t make any sense to me, as bringing someone like KB serves the exact same purpose of a Cord Sandberg. The only difference is KB actually has played a full quarter of college football. So, I really don’t get why people are so alert about this. 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

But you aren’t questioning it like you questioning the offer of KB which doesn’t make any sense to me, as bringing someone like KB serves the exact same purpose of a Cord Sandberg. The only difference is KB actually has played a full quarter of college football. So, I really don’t get why people are so alert about this. 

I'm not questioning offerring KB. I like it as I posted above to Oracle. I am just intrigued why so many other quality programs haven't given his pedigree of being a playoff QB in a day & age of college football where QBs are the biggest factors to success.

7 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I'm not questioning offerring KB. I like it as I posted above to Oracle. I am just intrigued why so many other quality programs haven't given his pedigree of being a playoff QB in a day & age of college football where QBs are the biggest factors to success.

I have no clue. I feel the same when I see NFL projections showing JS going in the second round. I just don’t see it, but at the end of the day, I like that Gus is going after his style of QB at the very least.

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

I have no clue. I feel the same when I see NFL projections showing JS going in the second round. I just don’t see it, but at the end of the day, I like that Gus is going after his style of QB at the very least.

Agreed!

tenor.gif

Would love to get KB and let Bo redshirt a year. Could see JG and MW trying to transfer at that point.

KB likely isn’t heavily recruited because he is a one year solution. Plus, some coaches really don’t approve of his decision to leave.

Whoever is at qb next year will have a stud group of WRs, a solid Boobee and Shiv, and a completely returning OL (which on paper is good).

Watch in a cruel twist we’ll see our offense get back to scoring 30+ as the defense regresses... it’s a curse I’m telling you!

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Plus, some coaches really don’t approve of his decision to leave.

That's a fair possibility.

4 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Which coaches are you referring to?

Gary Patterson would be one. Seems he was very vocal about the new transfer rule.

10 hours ago, TigerFanAU said:

I don't think you and WDE are misleading anyone on purpose. Tell that dumb s*** Gus to go after Justin Fields too , he's begging for a transfer.

Kelly Bryant would be a huge pick up and would help us limp across these dreadful Gus Malzahn twighlight years. Thank you Leath and Harbert

Being on the verge of getting fired will make people do funny things sometimes. None of this will matter if Gus gets beat tomorrow. 

16 hours ago, corchjay said:

This is why you don't listen to idiots that have no clue what they are talking about.  Bryant was in town the day after an insider said the staff wasn't interested.  LOL so connected. 

He's back. 

9 hours ago, DAG said:

Did you care when he picked up Jarrett Stidham?

How about Cam Newton? 

How about Cord Sandberg?

Didnt he have to be convinced to take Cam? 

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Nope! He was the one that begged Chizik to take Cam. In Kristi’s infamous interview in Arkansas she recants the story of Gus whining to her about Chiz not listening to him in offering Cam until we did.

3 minutes ago, auskip07 said:

Chizik did

Dangit, E beat me to it..

2 hours ago, DAG said:

Gary Patterson would be one. Seems he was very vocal about the new transfer rule.

Was Patterson talking about the transfer rule in general or specifically Bryant? 

40 minutes ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Chiz did. Gus did not. Gus talked Chiz into taking Cam. 

There was a secrely taped video of Chizik that where he was giving a talk to (I think) Talon Club (or whatever) members where he told the story of Gus convincing him to get Cam. Funny and sad at the same time.

58 minutes ago, PigskinPat said:

Was Patterson talking about the transfer rule in general or specifically Bryant? 

In general. I doubt a coach will come out and specifically target a player for utilizing his rights, no matter how much they disagree. Public Relations 101.

11 hours ago, ellitor said:

Been impressed with Jalen's throwing this year. Not sure if it's his OL being so talented he is never pressured or what, but I like it.

I fully expect, barring an injury to Tua, for Jalen to RS next year and then be the starting QB at Bama in 2020.

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

In general. I doubt a coach will come out and specifically target a player for utilizing his rights, no matter how much they disagree. Public Relations 101.

I agree, it just sounded like in the original statement I had responded to that coaches had expressed displeasure with Bryant specifically.

11 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

If there is a chance to get a real talent like JF, you do it. Sitting be damned.

Id honestly tank another year if it meant we got Justin. We're gonna either get Gus outta here and have a transition year or have Gus and suck anyway next season, so you might as well throw it away if it means having a transcendent folk hero in the backfield.

unless Gus somehow makes it to 2020 and wastes justin too

I also doubt Kirby is incompetent enough to ride out Fromm at this rate against LSU/Bama, and the talented fronts he might face like Bama (they're not gonna miss the offs), Clemson, ND, or Michigan/OSU. Like Fromm is worse now than he was late last year, and if it wasnt for UF having a guy who's more goat-like than human throwing the rock (and defend Nauta worth a damn), his record would reflect that. 

Archived