Clemson Grad Transfer QB Kelly Bryant (Mizzou)

Auburn2Eugene

I feel like this will be a Florida vs Auburn battle. Florida does worry me in what they have to offer. Some places have said Arkansas. I absolutely just can’t see that. I don’t care if CCM coached him before.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Freak said:

No problem, I had a little time after designing this weekends plan on offense.  Screen passes and runs up the middle when the line is stacked!

Well it is Friday before the game. Have you completely changed the game plan on the offensive coaches and players yet?

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I feel like this will be a Florida vs Auburn battle. Florida does worry me in what they have to offer. Some places have said Arkansas. I absolutely just can’t see that. I don’t care if CCM coaches him before.

Mullen

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Mullen

Just reading this made me think of Seinfeld saying "Newman". That's going to be how I think of Mullen now. 

Iw5U.gif

3 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Just reading this made me think of Seinfeld saying "Newman". That's going to be how I think of Mullen now. 

Iw5U.gif

Dude, that's PERFECT. OMG I'll never not see/think it.

24 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

But who does Mullen want more? Bryant or Hurts?

That’s a good question. I keep forgetting about the possibility of Jalen since he will be a graduate transfer. 

After reading the comments lately about Gus inability to coach up QBs.....one question:  why would Bryant pick AU?  It's a fair question in that if CGM & CCL can't develop QBs then why would KB play his last season under them.  What's the incentive?  Nothing at all against the environment and team but given all the negative comments about those two....If I was KB then that might be a deal breaker. 

22 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Couldn't find it because it was on another site, but here is the pic referenced

Screenshot_2018-09-27-13-50-03.png

19 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

How in the hell does that end up being a sack. He had a pocket and options for days.

Two reasons. Number 1 is all three of those receivers are between the hashmarks. Malzahn is not throwing in the middle of the field. More likely, Stidhman was given one wr to chunk it to. And that receiver is not one of those 3 in the image. AND he most likely covered like a blanket. If you follow the angle of his helmet, he appears to be looking at a deep post up the left side.

7 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

Two reasons. Number 1 is all three of those receivers are between the hashmarks. Malzahn is not throwing in the middle of the field. More likely, Stidhman was given one wr to chunk it to. And that receiver is not one of those 3 in the image. AND he most likely covered like a blanket. If you follow the angle of his helmet, he appears to be looking at a deep post up the left side.

Seriously...every time a play is not executed correctly it’s Gus fault. Stidham just did not execute his reads correctly on this play. Once he saw the past covered, which should have been quick he could have went with another option. All those receivers heads are up looking for the ball...just my opinion.

3 minutes ago, Harp_AU2013 said:

What about Gatewood? We want KB and JG will transfer?

I want KB if KB wants to come here. What happens with Gatewood is up to him. If he can't or doesn't want to compete with KB, who only has 1 remaining year of eligibility, then it's okay if he changes positions or transfers. I personally think that looks likely anyway.

That said, I don't see KB wanting to come here. Pure speculation on my part. 

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

all three of those receivers are between the hashmarks. Malzahn is not throwing in the middle of the field. More likely, Stidhman was given one wr to chunk it to. And that receiver is not one of those 3 in the image.

FINALLY, someone correctly analyzes that play. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I don't see KB wanting to come here. Pure speculation on my part. 

If I’m Bryant or Hurts, I am doing everything I can to get to Gainsville. They’ve got one shot left to get to the league and who better to hang their hopes on?

2 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

If I’m Bryant or Hurts, I am doing everything I can to get to Gainsville. They’ve got one shot left to get to the league and who better to hang their hopes on?

Totally agree. 

Morris might be a close 2nd but man, that looks like a mess right now. And as you've said, Storey might be entrenched there.

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Totally agree. 

Morris might be a close 2nd but man, that looks like a mess right now. And as you've said, Storey might be entrenched there.

And no way I’m going to Fayetteville in rebuilding mode. 

The other ideal landing spot would be OU. This is likely Kyler Murray’s last year as he’ll go to MLB. However, Austin Kendall, a pretty good QB, is the heir apparent at OU. 

7 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

So you are saying McElroy analyzed it incorrectly?

Partly. They are both right. However, McElroy is just not going to call out Gus’ disallowance of the area between the hash marks. 

17 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

And no way I’m going to Fayetteville in rebuilding mode. 

This is peculiar to me too. 

Chad Morris recruiting Bryant to Clemson is what makes the Arkansas connection. 

As far as UF goes, what's up with Emory Jones? Is he not progressing? I've not kept up with him, but I remember us going after him. 

I hope we land Bryant. He would be the perfect stopgap for Bo Nix or Joey Gatewood taking over. 

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Dude, that's PERFECT. OMG I'll never not see/think it.

One show that I can watch over and over and still laugh as if it's the first.?

I seriously am so excited about the QB battle next Spring. This forum will be a poop show.

Like, if you could buy stock in quarterback threads on AUFamily I would say BUY BUY BUY

poopshow.gif

1 hour ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

FINALLY, someone correctly analyzes that play. 

Why were the other receivers turned looking back as if the ball could come there way. I have seen some of the one receiver routes in this offense and usually the receivers are not looking for the ball or they are blocking.

Archived