Ryder cup kicks off tomorrow at 2AM Eastern time

AU64

Probably my favorite golfing event.....gets under way early Friday morning from Paris.    US team seems to be favored ..again...but does not have a great history in match play against the Europeans. 

Won't make the 2 Am start but will try to get an early start.

21 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Great event course sets up good for US but my money is on Europe...........I wouldn't mine losing

What..?????? you sound like one of those wimps who does not expect to win the national championship in football every year....for shame....

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

What..?????? you sound like one of those wimps who does not expect to win the national championship in football every year....for shame....

Not at all I just want to win some money

58 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Not at all I just want to win some money

Well that explains it....and by the way I won $1.25 yesterday...in our Nassau ...was able to buy a Coke on the way home. 

US off to a  good start. Raucous crowd obviously favoring Europeans and loudly cheering bad shots by U.S. players....

Tiger and Reed going down 3 and 1 ....and will not play second match

US up  three to one now

Alternate shot format....cruel golf...

.US pairs are killing each other with bad shots and leaving each other with almost impossible shots...All are trailing at the moment and not even competitive. ...headed for a 4-0 win for Europe on this session. 

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Bad day for the US but still a long ways to go. Its going to be tough

We have an annual Ryder Cup competition at our club and I hate "alternate shot".....very stressful when you leave someone with an almost unplayable lie.  And there is the "divorce open" when husbands and wives play alternate shot as partners......as part of our Labor Day event. 

Hoping things perk up in the morning for the US players....

49 minutes ago, AU64 said:

We have an annual Ryder Cup competition at our club and I hate "alternate shot".....very stressful when you leave someone with an almost unplayable lie.  And there is the "divorce open" when husbands and wives play alternate shot as partners......as part of our Labor Day event. 

Hoping things perk up in the morning for the US players....

Yeah I hate alternate shot but both sides have to play it.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah I hate alternate shot but both sides have to play it.

True...I just hate to play it as a participant.....bothers me much more to leave a partner is a bad fix than if I did it to myself....

Bad morning again...and afternoon not off to a good start.  Seems that Tiger was a wasted pick....and Phil sitting both rounds today.    Furyk and team might be paying the price for having guys who were "popular" choices..   Lots of play left but nobody with US on their hats seems like they are  mentally into it.    The badly need to get it turned around soon. 

AND…..gotta love watching that par three hole that was halved with triple boogies….a first..  What I enjoy about match play...

Meanwhile.....Europeans cooling off perhaps?   :dunno:

US needs a big day.....Thomas got the first point and US halved the second hole but US trailing in enough matches for the Europeans to win if they can hold on.

Tiger rallied to get into contention and then missed about a 5 foot putt to lose the hole and looks like he will be 0 for Paris.. 

Webb Simpson wins the second US point over Rose. 

Crunch time for everyone.....

Man, Tiger needs to start declining his spot. He’s just not good in these competitions and it cannot be good for his play overall to be this poor at a competition where others need him to contribute. 

3 hours ago, jared52 said:

Man, Tiger needs to start declining his spot. He’s just not good in these competitions and it cannot be good for his play overall to be this poor at a competition where others need him to contribute. 

I put this on Furyk….picked some of his old friends as "captain's choice" instead of the best players for the event.  TIger and Phil contributed nothing and were barely even competitive and dragged down their partners in their matches.  

And Speith?....wondering what's going on with him.....  

Yeah, I thought Furyk thought with his heart and not with his head when making his picks. I mean no part of that golf course set up for Mickelson at all and the Tiger that wins majors and big golf tournaments is not the same Tiger that always shows up for the Ryder Cup. I would have chosen keegan Bradley just for the fact that he gets hot with the putter and pours a lot of putts in. Also Daniel Berger played extremely well in the last President's Cup and is a pretty consistent golfer. Tiger and Phil have both proven that their previous experiences in their careers would make them great Captains or Co-Captains, but need to be left off the roster completely as far as competing is concerned.

I believe Furyk will go down as possibly in the worst 2 or 3 captains we have ever had. I checked a couple of times to see if he had on headphones and was getting advice from Gus.

This was a butt stomping by the Europeos................Furyk skrewed this up big time. The only good to come out this was I did bet with my head and not my heart........$$$$$

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

This was a butt stomping by the Europeos................Furyk skrewed this up big time. The only good to come out this was I did bet with my head and not my heart........$$$$$

Yeah, when I saw his Friday pairings and saw Mickelson in alternate shot I said what the crap? The snowball kept rolling downhill after that in the wrong direction! And yes you made a wise choice about the $$$$$...

8 hours ago, ArgoEagle said:

Yeah, I thought Furyk thought with his heart and not with his head when making his picks. I mean no part of that golf course set up for Mickelson at all and the Tiger that wins majors and big golf tournaments is not the same Tiger that always shows up for the Ryder Cup. I would have chosen keegan Bradley just for the fact that he gets hot with the putter and pours a lot of putts in. Also Daniel Berger played extremely well in the last President's Cup and is a pretty consistent golfer. Tiger and Phil have both proven that their previous experiences in their careers would make them great Captains or Co-Captains, but need to be left off the roster completely as far as competing is concerned.

I believe Furyk will go down as possibly in the worst 2 or 3 captains we have ever had. I checked a couple of times to see if he had on headphones and was getting advice from Gus.

I would have taken Bradley and Kyle Stanley for their driving accuracy.

Archived