2019 3* OG/C Kingsley Eguakun (Florida)

ellitor

AU staff high on KE at OG & C
Offers include AU, Miami, Tennessee, & Louisville among others
Very real shot at a flip
Visited AU multiple times this Calendar year

Flip U!

Now we have what 3 or 4 kids we have a legitimate shot of flipping? War Eagle! I’ll take him.

2 hours ago, Zeek said:

Flip U!

Now we have what 3 or 4 kids we have a legitimate shot of flipping? War Eagle! I’ll take him.

I hope these are legitimate shots and not just wishful thinking on our part. The historical numbers don't favor those who are hoping for flips.

20 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I hope these are legitimate shots and not just wishful thinking on our part. The historical numbers don't favor those who are hoping for flips.

Agreed, but E isn't usually the optimist of the bunch so I'm tentatively holding my boarding pass (to get on the hype train)

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

He just OV'd, has been to AU 3 or 4 times, and plans to be at 2 or 3 more games this season so yes we have a legit shot.

56 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Agreed, but E isn't usually the optimist of the bunch so I'm tentatively holding my boarding pass (to get on the hype train)

Also I wouldn't have created the thread if we didn't have a legit shot.

On 10/4/2018 at 5:07 PM, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Not real sure how hard Miami is trying to hold on to this kid? 

Have faith, brother!  We have the preeminent “technician” OL coach in the country!

JBG will turn this kid into a stud, just like he has with Horton, Kim, Brahms, Ashley, Driscoll, etc.!

12 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

Have faith, brother!  We have the preeminent “technician” OL coach in the country!

JBG will turn this kid into a stud, just like he has with Horton, Kim, Brahms, Ashley, Driscoll, etc.!

This is getting old. We get how you feel about Grimes. We don't need it ad nauseam.

I like him let's sign him up.

Man Jakai must be kicking himself still... definitely hasn't fallen upwards.

All for names we'll struggle to pronounce 

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/28/2018 at 10:21 AM, ellitor said:

Also I wouldn't have created the thread if we didn't have a legit shot.

hey Ellitor....hope you are doing well my friend!  Do you think we are in danger of losing some of our commits due to the poor direction the season has gone in?

4 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

hey Ellitor....hope you are doing well my friend!  Do you think we are in danger of losing some of our commits due to the poor direction the season has gone in?

Probably all of the good ones. TBH 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:13 PM, doc4aday said:

1. Depends on how bad. & 2. If Gus is let go, who the new coach may be.

From Keith

Auburn Undercover spent Friday morning in Jacksonville, Fla., to meet up with offensive line target Kingsley Eguakun, a longtime Miami commit from Sandalwood High . Before we get to the juice, here's some background:

-The 6-feet-3, 293-pound Eguakun, a 3-star recruit, committed to the Hurricanes in January, but he has continued to flirt with the Tigers. Auburn offered him a scholarship in February, then he visited the Tigers two weeks later. In June, Eguakun returned to Auburn, this time for the Tigers’ signature recruiting event — Big Cat Weekend. After that, though, things sort of went quiet, at least seemingly. Behind the scenes, the Auburn staff (namely offensive line coach J.B. Grimes) continued to work on Eguakun and it ultimately paid off with an Eguakun official visit the weekend of Sept. 21. After that trip, he said things had tightened up between the Tigers and ‘Canes. He then officially visited Miami the weekend of Oct. 5 and “It made me feel more comfortable with Miami,” Eguakun said.

Now, the latest ....

-According to Eguakun, he could have a final decision any day, but at the latest it should be in the next couple of weeks. He's still committed to Miami and only is saying things are extremely close. After talking to both Eguakun and some sources close to his recruitment it feels like if he were to decide today, Auburn would be in the best spot of the two programs. That said, Eguakun, who above all else is simply looking for the best program fit, is extremely close with Miami offensive line coach Stacy Searels. If the Hurricanes keep Eguakun in the class, it will be primarily because of his relationship with Searels, who, of course, played at Auburn. Eguakun said Auburn offensive line coach J.B. Grimes will visit his school Monday. Searels was by three weeks ago. What happens to the Tigers this weekend in Oxford, Miss., certainly could reshape this recruitment. According to Eguakun, he is very close with Grimes. And, he told me he didn't think Auburn coach Gus Malzahn was going anywhere. Eguakun thinks the future is bright in Auburn. On the flip side, Miami is really selling him hard on the opportunity to play right away. The 'Canes like him at center. Auburn is recruiting at center and guard. There are many variables in play here (including the fact all eyes are on Malzahn right now), but again, as of today Auburn seems to be in good shape. In my opinion, the Tigers have a slight edge. Right now, Eguakun has no other visits planned. He seems about ready to bear down and make a final call.

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

1. Depends on how bad. & 2. If Gus is let go, who the new coach may be.

Do you think that there is a realistic chance Gus is let go after the season ends if it goes far enough south like a 5-7 or 4-8 season? I have read some articles that said it is possible if Gus tanks out. You seem to have one of the best reads on the team. As for me, I hope and pray Gus is let go if the season tanks out. There are some really good choices out there that could come in and turn us around fairly quickly. I love Brian Harsin, Shane Beamer, and Dave Aranda along with Jeff Brohm, Bill Clark, and John Grass.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

Do you think that there is a realistic chance Gus is let go after the season ends

Not going to discuss it in a player thread in the recruiting forum.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

You seem to have one of the best reads on the team.

Na. I get probably like 10th hand info.

• 1 month later...
On 11/25/2018 at 10:07 AM, ellitor said:

Stealing my thunder again.  LOL. Moving to the Rivals section.

After watching his film again......I’m good with this, lol

1 hour ago, Auburn Kev said:

Auburn back in it with him?

Hasn't been a take for AU in a bit. Pretty sure he committed to Florida.

• ellitor changed the title to 2019 3* OG/C Kingsley Eguakun (Florida)
9 hours ago, ellitor said:

Hasn't been a take for AU in a bit. Pretty sure he committed to Florida.

@ellitor According to this thread, this kid has Ov’d, made multiple visits to AU games. That seems like an awful big investment in time and resources for a non-take. What are your thoughts?

Archived