bigbird

We all have heard of 72's story. Many have asked me privately about what they can do or how they can help. Through prayer and council from his pastor, his family has decided to set up a go-fund-me account.  This was a struggle for him because, like most of us, we don't like to admit that we need help.  Well, I'll say it for him. He and his family do need some help. 

That said, do not feel obligated or coerced to help.  However, he is part the Auburn family and this is a chance to live that. Imagine what a blessing we could  provide if we all just skipped a cup of coffee or a Coke. A single dollar compounded would be a huge gift to one of our friends and brothers. Just take a chance and read his story. If you feel like you want to help, great! If not, that's okay too. If you don't feel led to support financially, another way to help is just to pass on or repost his story to other friends or social media. That exposure can be a great help.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-fund-nathan039s-cancer

Again, please do not feel obligated. This is just a chance to help one of ours.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Puts things in perspective. Sometimes you forget this is more than just a football forum, but thankful for the connections I have made on this site. Praying for you 72.

My mom went through cervical cancer right around that same age while I was in high school; and it was probably the most fearful I've ever been. This isn't easy but I'm so glad that there is a way to help in addition to our thoughts and prayers. I know I've seen some posts before about the situation but man does it suck for such an awesome Auburn man to go through something like this. Our prayers are with you and I'll donate what I can and I'll share it with my friends and family. 

Keep kickin' ass 72, the world can't afford to lose a good man like you.

Thanks bigbird for letting us know about this. We never know who might need help next. 

Screenshot_20180928-090247~2.png

Thanks for sharing. I donated and shared in the off-chance that we have mutual friends (or just other people that hate cancer) in the Auburn or Mobile area. :)

For anyone inclined to pray for 72 but not sure exactly how to do that, I hope this helps. I know he is a man who loves God and more than that, God loves him. 

A Short Prayer for Healing for Friends

Lord, your Word speaks promises of healing and restoration and I thank you for the miracles you still perform today. Today I claim those promises over my friend. I believe in the healing power of faith and prayer and I ask you to begin your mighty work in the life of my friend. Please reach down and surround my friend with supernatural peace and strength and give him the faith to believe that all things are possible for you. Protect him from Satan's lies and discouragement and let his miraculous healing begin. Amen.

I was praying for him in the car this morning. I literally have been calling him AUsince72 (God knows who he is lol), but it's nice to have a name. :) Thank you so much for sharing this with the board! Donation complete! 

3 hours ago, Barnacle said:

Can we sticky this please?

You can put a link to this post in your signature and every time you post you will be raising awareness. Honestly, I usually skim over the stickies posts myself, but when people put the posts in their signature, it's gets my attention more often.

I am truly honored and touched and blessed beyond belief with the outpouring I've received from my friends on this forum.  True, most of us only know each other through message board opinions and avatars but I have been blessed to have PM's with some and open discussion with others on the board and y'all truly are my AU Family!  

A special thank you to @bigbird and I know @McLoofus was looking into posting my link as well.  Thank you both!

True, it is hard to ask for financial help, especially when you know that there's plenty others in need at the same time, and naturally pride steps in as well but I can't thank all of you enough (although we are trying to thank everyone) who have already donated or may donate... I'm just not even sure what's appropriate enough to say because nothing seems "enough" for me to say but Thank you and God bless you all!

I truly hope we all get to meet at some AUFamily tailgate tent before a game some day and I will give you ALL a big ol bear hug!!

War Eagle!!!

Nathan

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I truly hope we all get to meet at some AUFamily tailgate tent before a game some day and I will give you ALL a big ol bear hug!!

And that is when you can pay us all back. In lieu of cash, I'll take that bear hug. And a beer.

Until then, just accept the blessings that the universe is returning to you and get better!

5 hours ago, McLoofus said:

And that is when you can pay us all back. In lieu of cash, I'll take that bear hug. And a beer.

Until then, just accept the blessings that the universe is returning to you and get better!

I will contribute too. My ultimate goal would be to meet him at a tailgate in 2019 and bum a beer from him. Other than that I have no words....

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I will contribute too. My ultimate goal would be to meet him at a tailgate in 2019 and bum a beer from him. Other than that I have no words....

I'm not sure attending a game will be in the cards this year obviously, just too deep into my treatment, but I will definitely try and make a 2019 game as a goal.  And I will hope to meet as many of you as possible.  I will make sure to bring the BIG beer cooler for sure!!!

War Eagle and God bless you!

19 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm not sure attending a game will be in the cards this year obviously, just too deep into my treatment, but I will definitely try and make a 2019 game as a goal.  And I will hope to meet as many of you as possible.  I will make sure to bring the BIG beer cooler for sure!!!

War Eagle and God bless you!

Why bring a little ole cooler when you could just ask @augolf1716 if you could borrow his truck? Seriously the tailgate idea would be pretty awesome. 

Screenshot_20180928-213610~2.png

11 hours ago, gr82be said:

Why bring a little ole cooler when you could just ask @augolf1716 if you could borrow his truck? Seriously the tailgate idea would be pretty awesome. 

Screenshot_20180928-213610~2.png

how did you get a picture of my truck?? And in front of a Duane Reade Pharmacy damn how did that happy

Archived