bigbird

Done, and such a JOY to be able to help!  Prayers will continue!  72...what a beautiful family you have!  Philippians 4:19; thank you for your honest vulnerability and for giving us the privilege of walking this out with you as best as we are able.  

:AUBig:

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since beer is now involved...........j/k    @AUsince72

Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. my uncle has gone through the same cancer and kicked its ass, i know you will too.  #F**KCANCER  You got this buddy.  War Eagle!

Nathan and Family, may our loving God richly bless all of you during these difficult days. It is my pleasure to be able to assist in a small way and please know that my family and I are praying for you all. Take care  and War Eagle!

Just now seeing this thread! Thanks @bigbird! You’ve been on my mind a lot 72,  we all love ya and are all here for you for whatever you need. Hope all your treatments are going well!

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Just now seeing this thread! Thanks @bigbird! You’ve been on my mind a lot 72,  we all love ya and are all here for you for whatever you need. Hope all your treatments are going well!

Hi Mav.  Appreciate it so much!

I believe they are.  After 3 rounds I feel like complete garbage as you can imagine (and sorta dread next Monday as it's my 4th round) but I feel progress is being made and after that 4th round I'll have my scans to prove it!

I know I've still got a long way to go with probable radiation and possible surgery.  I only say "possible" to the surgery now because being in my liver, they decided to bombard me with the massive chemo and then we'll see...

But we're fightin' and God's working His miracle!!

War Eagle and God bless!!

It is an honor to help you in any way we can. Hopefully this fund will allow you to concentrate on winning your cancer battle, and will relieve the financial stress you and your wife are experiencing. We are in this fight with you all the way. 

Touchdown Auburn!!!! This is what it’s all about. 

33 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Our dude sat in the chair yesterday. He needs the love today. 

Yes, lot's please.  The 4th round his kicked my tail.  I have tests next week to see progress but each round is getting harder.

Please continue to pray for my strength to put up with this chemo.  I'm still better than many I see, but I'm really starting to understand why they feel the way they do.

As they say "the cure is almost worst than the disease".  Nobody said God's miracles are always easy......this is true.  But the fight is good.

Thank you so much for all the thoughts, prayers and donations.  NOBODY beats the AUFamily!!

War Eagle & God Bless you all!

Nathan

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

Yes, lot's please.  The 4th round his kicked my tail.  I have tests next week to see progress but each round is getting harder.

Please continue to pray for my strength to put up with this chemo.  I'm still better than many I see, but I'm really starting to understand why they feel the way they do.

As they say "the cure is almost worst than the disease".  Nobody said God's miracles are always easy......this is true.  But the fight is good.

Thank you so much for all the thoughts, prayers and donations.  NOBODY beats the AUFamily!!

War Eagle & God Bless you all!

Nathan

I worked for a man who was one of those nonstop guys. Sun up to sun down he was always doing something... until he started chemo. The first round or two (he went monthly), he still tried to be that guy, but by round three he just couldn't do it. He had to take naps, not push himself, and let others do things he normally would've done without a second thought. I don't remember how many treatments he had to go through but it was at least a year.

These days though.. he's back to being that guy again. He sold his store and now he's planning to travel more and enjoy his grandkids. Keep your head up and just remember the finish line is waiting and you will be back better and stronger. :)

4 minutes ago, Linayus said:

I worked for a man who was one of those nonstop guys. Sun up to sun down he was always doing something... until he started chemo. The first round or two (he went monthly), he still tried to be that guy, but by round three he just couldn't do it. He had to take naps, not push himself, and let others do things he normally would've done without a second thought. I don't remember how many treatments he had to go through but it was at least a year.

These days though.. he's back to being that guy again. He sold his store and now he's planning to travel more and enjoy his grandkids. Keep your head up and just remember the finish line is waiting and you will be back better and stronger. :)

I appreciate the inspiration.  Hearing things like that are SO helpful!

In my case I'm in the chair every other Monday for around 6 hours.  I have a multi chemo cocktail for 2 hours then a separate chemo for 1-1/2 hours then they hook me up with a pump with yet a different chemo that runs 46 hours straight.  I have a very aggressive tumor made up of 4 different cancers (very rare) plus what's spread to my liver and lymph nodes.  So apparently I'm being hit harder than your average bear... luckily I'm big as a bear so the Doc has been impressed with my blood work.

Unfortunately, yes it takes who you are and turns you into whilted mush for awhile.  I do most of my message boarding laying flat on my back with my trusty Android phone.  I know this will be at least 6 months but certainly could be more.  Since I'm stage 4, there's just no easy treatment.

But, The Good Lord willing, I know one day this will be over and I'll be back to my ornery self!!!  Can't wait to play with my kids freely again.  I know it's harder on my family probably than me.  I'm just glad it IS ME and NOT ONE OF THEM!!

I appreciate the inspiration.  Hearing things like that are SO helpful!

In my case I'm in the chair every other Monday for around 6 hours.  I have a multi chemo cocktail for 2 hours then a separate chemo for 1-1/2 hours then they hook me up with a pump with yet a different chemo that runs 46 hours straight.  I have a very aggressive tumor made up of 4 different cancers (very rare) plus what's spread to my liver and lymph nodes.  So apparently I'm being hit harder than your average bear... luckily I'm big as a bear so the Doc has been impressed with my blood work.

Unfortunately, yes it takes who you are and turns you into whilted mush for awhile.  I do most of my message boarding laying flat on my back with my trusty Android phone.  I know this will be at least 6 months but certainly could be more.  Since I'm stage 4, there's just no easy treatment.

But, The Good Lord willing, I know one day this will be over and I'll be back to my ornery self!!!  Can't wait to play with my kids freely again.  I know it's harder on my family probably than me.  I'm just glad it IS ME and NOT ONE OF THEM!!

I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through, but we're all here for you! :wareagle:

Prayers for you, big guy! I'm staying away from the most toxic threads on this board, but I always check this thread to see how you are. Hang in there, it will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better!!!

52 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Prayers for you, big guy! I'm staying away from the most toxic threads on this board, but I always check this thread to see how you are. Hang in there, it will get worse before it gets better, but it will get better!!!

I appreciate you so much 3rd Gen!  Had my chemo pump removed today and have my first Pet Scan (for progress) schedule for next Thursday.  I'm both excited and nervous at the same time!!  I know that it's possible that they won't show much "progress" but my Dr says as long as they show no further growth, then we're heading in the right direction!  

Unfortunately, I have more chemo rounds to go and it IS getting harder physically.  But like you said, I'm a Big guy so I can take it!!  And God is the BIGGEST so I know HE won't throw at me more than I can handle.

We're beating this!

As my buddy LionheartKC says, Tigers Are Stronger Than Cancer!!

@AUsince72. When facing adversity we have two choices. Complain and remain or praise and be raised. You have definitely been praising and you will beat this. Prayers will continue for you and your family. 

Screenshot_20181010-201112~2.png

I appreciate you so much 3rd Gen!  Had my chemo pump removed today and have my first Pet Scan (for progress) schedule for next Thursday.  I'm both excited and nervous at the same time!!  I know that it's possible that they won't show much "progress" but my Dr says as long as they show no further growth, then we're heading in the right direction!  

Unfortunately, I have more chemo rounds to go and it IS getting harder physically.  But like you said, I'm a Big guy so I can take it!!  And God is the BIGGEST so I know HE won't throw at me more than I can handle.

We're beating this!

As my buddy LionheartKC says, Tigers Are Stronger Than Cancer!!

Amen and amen!!! God be praised for bringing you this far. We will claim healing in His name.

I'm inspired by YOU 72, may God continue to completely heal and restore you!  I pray God gives you strength and tenacity for however long it takes to be cured! In Yahshua the son of God's name! Amen

Archived