bigbird

On 1/2/2019 at 5:56 PM, bigbird said:

You have been, are now, and will continue to be prayed for by family.  Good news is on your way.

Ditto^^

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm typing this from my chemo chair but I'm so happy to report the PET scan showed more great progress!

Not only are my lymph nodes still clear but the liver metastasis appears to have gone as well!!!!  That actually is shocking!!

At this time, the only sign of cancer left is the original tumor but that, again, has shrunk significantly from the previous scan.

Praise God!!!!

So, we are staying the course (as long as I can handle the chemo) and I'll have another scan in April but WOW, we could not ask for better news!

Because I'm stage 4, they'll never call me "cured" and there's always a chance it could return, etc. but we are just overjoyed with the results so far and I truly believe, in my heart, that I have so many of you to thank for your uplifting prayers and support!!

There's still a fight ahead but as of right now, I believe we're winning!!

Thank you all and God bless.

War Eagle!!

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm typing this from my chemo chair but I'm so happy to report the PET scan showed more great progress!

Not only are my lymph nodes still clear but the liver metastasis appears to have gone as well!!!!  That actually is shocking!!

At this time, the only sign of cancer left is the original tumor but that, again, has shrunk significantly from the previous scan.

Praise God!!!!

So, we are staying the course (as long as I can handle the chemo) and I'll have another scan in April but WOW, we could not ask for better news!

Because I'm stage 4, they'll never call me "cured" and there's always a chance it could return, etc. but we are just overjoyed with the results so far and I truly believe, in my heart, that I have so many of you to thank for your uplifting prayers and support!!

War Eagle!!

War Eagle and praise God!

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Praise God!!!!

War Eagle!!

Image result for daniel bryan yes gif

WAR DAMN 72!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Praise God!!!!

War Eagle!!

Your choice...

giphy.gif

Or

tenor.gif?itemid=4876284

Or

giphy.gif

Or

giphy.gif

47 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Your choice...

giphy.gif

Or

tenor.gif?itemid=4876284

Or

giphy.gif

Or

giphy.gif

ALL OF 'EM!!!

To God be the glory. Great things He has done.  Praying Brother. All the Best 72 !!!!!!!

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Praise God!!!!

what did i tell you?......learn to live without refined sugar and eat a lot of raw vegetables.....i suppose surgery is next in order?.....

So happy to hear this news! God is so good! He will never leave your side. We will keep praying and believing in the healing power of prayer. War Eagle, buddy! I am grinning from ear to ear.

59 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

what did i tell you?......learn to live without refined sugar and eat a lot of raw vegetables.....i suppose surgery is next in order?.....

If there's a silver lining to being stage 4 it's that there will be no surgery.  The surgery was planned to prevent it's spread.... Too late.  Under the circumstances that's good for me.  I will (probably) have to deal with maintenance chemo the rest of my life and there will always be the spectre of it coming back but we are beating it back today and will certainly work to prevent it in the future.

Thank you for your support.  It's meant SO much!!

War Eagle!

did they radiate the original tumor?.....things have changed since i went through what you are going through, but here is what i would do:....i would ask your oncologist about killing that original tumor and here is why:....you don't get the blood flow in your intestines as much as other organs and the lymph nodes, and the chemo may or may not reach the affected area like it should....like i say, its been 14 years for me and i am sure things are much better....i'm sure they have not made taking chemo an enjoyable experience,though......i'm so happy for you and your family

Oh, 72!!!  This is so AUsome!  I will take ALL of Bird's GIFS!!  So grateful to God for what He is up to in your life.  He truly does work all things together for the good of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.  He longs to be gracious to us all!  And you are pleasing Him by giving Him the credit for your strength and progress.  Philippians 1:6...He'll be faithful to complete!

Image result for You go, God!Ahem.  I just thought you might like THIS bus better.  :AUBig::yay:

17 hours ago, doverstutts said:

did they radiate the original tumor?.....things have changed since i went through what you are going through, but here is what i would do:....i would ask your oncologist about killing that original tumor and here is why:....you don't get the blood flow in your intestines as much as other organs and the lymph nodes, and the chemo may or may not reach the affected area like it should....like i say, its been 14 years for me and i am sure things are much better....i'm sure they have not made taking chemo an enjoyable experience,though......i'm so happy for you and your family

Due to it already metastasizing to my liver & lymph nodes, plus the actual location of the main tumor radiation & surgery were taken off the table pretty quickly.

However, yes, chemo drugs have apparently come a long way and since I'm a "big, strong dude" I am actually taking in 3 separate chemo drugs.  2 in the chair and 1 in a 46 hr pump.  It was 4 but I couldn't handle the one so they removed it and luckily I still am maintaining good results.  Oh.... technically it is back to 4 because they've already introduced me to the Maintenance chemo they expect I will be on the rest of my life, or until some other advanced treatment is discovered, once it's decided they can stop the hard-core stuff.

I've already had 10 treatments so far with at least 6 or so to go as my next scan is April.  But with the results I've had so far I can do nothing but Thank & Praise God!!  This is all His glory!! 🙏🙏🙏

Thank you so much for your help and support my friend!!

War Eagle & God bless!!

Aw man, this is excellent news!! I'm super happy for you and your family, 72! Lots more memories to make!

On 1/7/2019 at 11:45 AM, AUsince72 said:

Praise God!!!!

War Eagle!!

EXCELLENT NEWS!!!   Keep up the fight and the faith.  We'll continue the Prayers.  

On 1/7/2019 at 6:26 PM, AUsince72 said:

If there's a silver lining to being stage 4 it's that there will be no surgery.  The surgery was planned to prevent it's spread.... Too late.  Under the circumstances that's good for me.  I will (probably) have to deal with maintenance chemo the rest of my life and there will always be the spectre of it coming back but we are beating it back today and will certainly work to prevent it in the future.

Thank you for your support.  It's meant SO much!!

War Eagle!

God bless you 72 , hang in there buddy,  I am pulling for you along with everyone else on this site. WDE!!!

Have just popped in & out on the site the last week but want you to know that you are being prayed for by our family daily; May God continue to do a complete healing on your body.

Outstanding news...keep up the fight ...and prayers for you and master are flowing from North Carolina.

Glory to God! This is GREAT news ‘72!!! 

On  a side note, I would like to share a great experience  I heard last night.

My cashier at Walmart obviously was fighting the same battle. I did not bring it up, but she volunteered her battle to me. After she told me her story I shared with her my Great Nephews battle with this awful disease. (He is 4 years old and taking radiation/chemo at St Jude’s. What a blessing this place is). As we continued to talk, she informed me that she was taking her last treatment on Wednesday. She was so happy. 

Long story short, I know you were as happy as this sweet girl with your news. Continue the fight my friend and we will continue to pray for you and you lovely family. 

2 hours ago, WVR said:

Glory to God! This is GREAT news ‘72!!! 

On  a side note, I would like to share a great experience  I heard last night.

My cashier at Walmart obviously was fighting the same battle. I did not bring it up, but she volunteered her battle to me. After she told me her story I shared with her my Great Nephews battle with this awful disease. (He is 4 years old and taking radiation/chemo at St Jude’s. What a blessing this place is). As we continued to talk, she informed me that she was taking her last treatment on Wednesday. She was so happy. 

Long story short, I know you were as happy as this sweet girl with your news. Continue the fight my friend and we will continue to pray for you and you lovely family. 

Oh the St. Jude's & Shriners commercials bring me to tears.  I can't imagine the pain & sadness the parents feel and further the absolute bad-ass toughness of kids who have to go through any of the afflictions or diseases they have to fight.  God bless them!!!

My prayers go out for your great nephew and hallelujah for that that cashier is on her last treatment.

Based on the severity and aggressiveness of mine, I may never be totally rid of it but my Dr seems very impressed with my body's resilience and toughness so even if I'm on a maintenance chemo "forever" there should be many, many more years for me.  As long as I live long enough to see my daughters grow into adulthood, I can't complain 🙏😁.

On a side note, on Tuesday I was at the chemo lab to install my pump due to a mishap on Monday.  The needle actually came out of my port unknowingly (the nurse used a shorter needle then they normally use) and chemo spilled into my chest tissue.  Luckily, nobody panicked in front of me but apparently that can be fatal.  WOW!  But I'm okay and it turned out alright.  .... anyway, that wasn't the point I wanted to make.  The point is, on Tuesday I actually got to witness someone RING THE BELL!!  OH what a joyous occasion!!!

God willing, I'll have that opportunity in the next year.  It was SO beautiful!!!!

Archived