bigbird

We are pulling hard for you, 72!!!! You got this!! Donated and shared.

The consistent humor and light hardheartedness you show on here through this tough time is truly inspiring

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

I'm inspired by YOU 72, may God continue to completely heal and restore you!  I pray God gives you strength and tenacity for however long it takes to be cured! In Yahshua the son of God's name! Amen

Thank you so much for the kind words but it's not me.  ALL my strength is from Jesus Christ our Lord and when I beat this it will all be to HIS glory! 

Psalm 118:17!!!!

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

We are pulling hard for you, 72!!!! You got this!! Donated and shared.

The consistent humor and light hardheartedness you show on here through this tough time is truly inspiring

Thank you so much.  Humor is truly one of the best medicines!!  ... although my wife does often say "if only I married a funny man".  Luckily for her I'm so good lookin'!!!!

BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!!! ....yeah I couldn't even say THAT with a straight face.

God bless!

“To God be The Glory”. The perfect attitude Brother. Prayers continue and War Eagle!!!

Can someone PM me a mailing address so i can send a check directly to the family?......i don't do CC transactions with something that i am unfamiliar with....as a two-time cancer survivor, and with one of the cancers being colo-rectal cancer, i want to help out.....i just don't trust things like paypal or gofundme, even though they are probably legit........

Hag tough, 72. My brother is in his 4th week of combined chemo-radiation. He's now barely able to eat and losing his hair. It is tough and every week is more challenging. The good news is, it ends, and at the other end is respite.

Best wishes for a full recovery!

BTW, AUsince72, is the 72 in your screen name the year you arrived at Auburn or graduated or something else? I graduated in 72, but remained in Auburn on the academic staff until '77. My brother graduated in '74.

13 minutes ago, AURex said:

BTW, AUsince72, is the 72 in your screen name the year you arrived at Auburn or graduated or something else? I graduated in 72, but remained in Auburn on the academic staff until '77. My brother graduated in '74.

Hi Rex.  No, I wasn't smart enough to actually have the pleasure of attending AU (plus couldn't afford out of state tuition).  I was born in '72 to an (mostly) Auburn family in B'ham.  I have family who are AU grads, or at least attended for part of their education and had one uncle (who's passed now) who graduated from Bama.  He was the black sheep haha, but we loved him anyway.  Nope, I'm a proud Sidewalk Alum 😉

On 10/14/2018 at 12:48 PM, doverstutts said:

Can someone PM me a mailing address so i can send a check directly to the family?......i don't do CC transactions with something that i am unfamiliar with....as a two-time cancer survivor, and with one of the cancers being colo-rectal cancer, i want to help out.....i just don't trust things like paypal or gofundme, even though they are probably legit........

PM sent.

War Eagle and God bless you!!

Nathan

How are ya, doing, 72? Gus and the guys got a win for you!!! Stay away from all negativity, please, and there's plenty on here.  Focus on all that is good and all that is positive.  😊 That's why I'm on this thread and not any of the others right now. 😂😂😂

27 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

How are ya, doing, 72? Gus and the guys got a win for you!!! Stay away from all negativity, please, and there's plenty on here.  Focus on all that is good and all that is positive.  😊 That's why I'm on this thread and not any of the others right now. 😂😂😂

Hi 3rd Gen.  Yeah, unfortunately it's not the most positive of seasons and honestly, I'm pretty blah to it at this point.

As for me, I'm doing okay.  The chemo is taking it's toll on me but I'm sure it's doing a number on the cancer as well!  I had a Pet Scan Thur so I should have some good info on Mon.... before I'm in the chair for my 5th round...yuck.  BUT, I'm praying for good news!!!

I'll certainly have an update on this thread as soon as I feel up to it (I doubt I will on Monday itself as chair days are flat wearing me out at this point).  Hopefully I'll be able to update on Tuesday with positive news!!

On 10/20/2018 at 7:08 PM, AUsince72 said:

Hi 3rd Gen.  Yeah, unfortunately it's not the most positive of seasons and honestly, I'm pretty blah to it at this point.

As for me, I'm doing okay.  The chemo is taking it's toll on me but I'm sure it's doing a number on the cancer as well!  I had a Pet Scan Thur so I should have some good info on Mon.... before I'm in the chair for my 5th round...yuck.  BUT, I'm praying for good news!!!

I'll certainly have an update on this thread as soon as I feel up to it (I doubt I will on Monday itself as chair days are flat wearing me out at this point).  Hopefully I'll be able to update on Tuesday with positive news!!

Still lifting you up high 72! Think about you daily. I looked at chemo the same way as you are, and I think that helped wonders with me. Positive attitude, like you have, plays such an important role in this journey and glad to see you haven’t skipped a beat with it. As you know, me, and many others are right here in your corner! Prayers for good results, and much love brother!

Hi Fam.  I'm not feeling good as yesterday was a mutha if a chemo treatment but wanted to share some fantastic news.  In fact that's what my Dr wrote on the page 😁.... "Fantastic"!

Per my Pet Scan results from last Thursday, no cancer is showing in my lymph nodes now, the one cancerous area of my liver has disappeared while the other has shrunk and the large (main) tumor in the colon seems to have shrunk by at least half!  

I have at least another 2 months of the heavy duty chemo & I, according to the Dr, will "probably have cancer the rest of my life" but it will at least be manageable with a "maintenance" chemo going forward.  Of course God works miracles so I'm not ruling out total eradication...Dr's are surprised every day 😁.

Again, Thank you all for the prayers and support.  It's WORKING!!

War Eagle and God bless.

8 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Hi Fam.  I'm not feeling good as yesterday was a mutha if a chemo treatment but wanted to share some fantastic news.  In fact that's what my Dr wrote on the page 😁.... "Fantastic"!

Per my Pet Scan results from last Thursday, no cancer is showing in my lymph nodes now, the one cancerous area of my liver has disappeared while the other has shrunk and the large (main) tumor in the colon seems to have shrunk by at least half!  

I have at least another 2 months of the heavy duty chemo & I, according to the Dr, will "probably have cancer the rest of my life" but it will at least be manageable with a "maintenance" chemo going forward.  Of course God works miracles so I'm not ruling out total eradication...Dr's are surprised every day 😁.

War Eagle and God bless.

Buddy, I have got some major goosebumps rocking right now. Oh man, this is such great news. WAR DAMN 72!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!!!

That said, we know you've still got a hell of a fight on your hands. We're not going anywhere. More importantly, neither are you. 

Hell yeah!

1 hour ago, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle and God bless.

This is outstanding news brother! So happy for you and your family! I truly feel you will put it in complete remission. Love ya buddy!

I also second what Loof said as well, goosebumps, man.

991C5E8E-48A7-44FF-937C-37BB215D5117.gif

Man I was just checking in to see about those test results and I am super pumped now!!!!

No matter what though, we're still rooting for CANCER FREE!! :wareagle:

I've got tears in my eyes! God is in the miracle business every day. We will continue to pray for cancer free, but we are all celebrating the good news with you!!! Now, if we could just get our football team heading in the right direction...(refer back to my previous statement. "God is in the miracle business..." :jossun:

On 10/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle and God bless.

72!!! What fabulous news!!! I'm so happy for you and your family! I hope this will encourage you and help make the rest of your chemo a little bit easier. Fight on brother....you are winning!!! 

On 10/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, AUsince72 said:

War Eagle and God bless.

Amazing. Just amazing news. I'm sure your spirits must be lifted!! We are praying for you, and think about you often. 

Archived