GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Southern Miss

RunInRed

Just now, mikeholiday said:

Not sure why Sal Canella is out there. He is never open and is not even being used as a blocker.

Would rather have anybody else. Schwarz, Stove ... Hastings. Anybody?

He had a catch.  Pay attention junior.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, cole256 said:

I'm not talking about any other play in the game right now. But that last 3rd and 5 he had as much time and protection as anybody would. Either we ran stupid long developing routes or he didn't see

Seems that pass protection has been decent it’s the run blocking that needs improvement.

14 minutes ago, Browning4AU said:

Anybody thinking it might be time for a QB change? I really like JS but he is rattled and won't keep his eyes downfield. 

In high school we had a QB much like Stidham; all the athleticism in the world, a golden arm and a candy ass. Guess which trait was dominant...

2 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Not sure why Sal Canella is out there. He is never open and is not even being used as a blocker.

Except that he caught a pass on our last posession before the half. 

Is it Grimes’ call to bench Harrell and or Horton? They need it mentally. This is freaking ridiculous.

I haven’t read any of the game thread so forgive me if it’s already been stated, but what is the staff waiting for concerning the oline?   The ones that are currently playing can’t block.   Period!!  If our backups aren’t better ,   Don’t see howthat is possible, but give them a try

Just now, Tigercj said:

Bird are you drinking again 

He’s making fun of someone who said that earlier in the thread 

Just now, AidiAU said:

He just caught a pass...

For 3 yards. Besides process over results. 

He has been spectacularly unproductive during his time here. I see no logic for having him out there at all. 

5 minutes ago, aubearcat said:

USM is sending their backers more often than not but unless I’m missing it, no slants and quick patterns to attack that. 

No finer display of dumbassery will you find anywhere..

4 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Like everyone else said he had a catch last possession. Not to mention earlier in the game, he had a block on the outside that gave the runner a first down.

Just now, AUgrad97 said:

Good news is we are out gaining them in yards.  Bad news is we have 45 yards rushing. Smh

It's 'cause we're one dimensional...

You know what’s ******* ridiculous in all this? How much money is spent in football. It would take me literally 200 years at my current salary to make what Gus will make this year alone. With this talent I swear to the lord I wouldn’t be much worse.

3 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

No offense, are we watching the same game?

Ya you can’t hold the ball for 4-5 seconds and say it’s pass protection not to say they aren’t having some moments. At some point it could be the QB. I knows that’s popular 

Archived