Southern Miss Postgame Thread

tbone1430

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Porter can stay too. Our ST are evidence of his ability

Agreed, I forgot he did more than ST so I didn’t have him on the chopping block.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Porter can stay too. Our ST are evidence of his ability

I'm still not clear on what Lindsey is calling, versus Gus. The play calls against Washington were pretty solid. Seems to have regressed since then - or has he been handcuffed?

1 minute ago, auburnphan said:

I would like to thank DirecTV for  lowering my stress level by not airing the delayed game

I couldn’t get it on Dish either. I had to sit in the car and listen to it. 

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

I'm still not clear on what Lindsey is calling, versus Gus. The play calls against Washington were pretty solid. Seems to have regressed since then - or has he been handcuffed?

It’s the same and teams have figured it out. Not hard to defend the same 3 routes over and over.

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

Burns needs to go as well

Disagree, he’s insanely valuable in recruiting and I have had no problems with the performance of receivers. It’s not his fault we don’t run a common sense route tree.

15 minutes ago, fishepa said:

Stidham should have never got engaged. 

My same thoughts . Can’t believe he would attempt to spend the rest of his life with a smoke show . Lol 

15 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Homer Bramblett doesn't know ape shix from apple butter when it comes to football. He gets paid to pump sunshine..

Well he kind of gets paid to just do play-by-play and say mostly good things. Almost sure that Mike Kolen got fired back in the day for criticizing Barfield's coaching when he was doing the job Stan is doing now.

Just now, doug3020 said:

Wasn't sure if you were referencing recruiting or coaching. Yes, our OL is poor and is likely our largest issue. I think it goes to recruiting which falls squarely on CGM. 

Doesn’t everything at the end of the day fall squarely on him? The offensive line coach usually recruits the offensive line players. Does Gus get all the props for the Dline recruiting or does Garner?

If we had an average offense we would be a top 5 team.  Instead we may drop in the rankings with at least 2 teams above us losing.  Very disappointing because we have such a good defense.  Maybe the best team defense I can remember that doesn’t have a superstar. Good thing our game moved to the SEC alternate channel so fewer pollsters could watch that.  Maybe those who didn’t watch it will assume the poor performance was due to weather.

2 minutes ago, jared52 said:

It’s the same and teams have figured it out. Not hard to defend the same 3 routes over and over.

There were at least a few intermediate routes in week one. Almost nonexistent since. There were also a lot of quick passes to Davis that basically took the place of runs and spread the defense out. Now we are just back to the Sean White offense for some reason. 

3 minutes ago, AUtiger98 said:

If we had an average offense we would be a top 5 team.  Instead we may drop in the rankings with at least 2 teams above us losing.  Very disappointing because we have such a good defense.  Maybe the best team defense I can remember that doesn’t have a superstar. Good thing our game moved to the SEC alternate channel so fewer pollsters could watch that.  Maybe those who didn’t watch it will assume the poor performance was due to weather.

To that point, our tackling again looked very good - at least during the part of the game I watched which was until the delay.

1 minute ago, Sani-Freeze said:

There were at least a few intermediate routes in week one. Almost nonexistent since. There were also a lot of quick passes to Davis that basically took the place of runs and spread the defense out. Now we are just back to the Sean White offense for some reason. 

There were at least 3 “intermediate” throws 1 completed 2 poorly thrown 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

There were at least 3 “intermediate” throws 1 completed 2 poorly thrown 

Three in an entire game. When we couldn't run the ball or protect on long throws. 

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

Doesn’t everything at the end of the day fall squarely on him? The offensive line coach usually recruits the offensive line players. Does Gus get all the props for the Dline recruiting or does Garner?

Yes it does and good point regarding Garner. Garner also develops his talent.

Yup no fire, no being pissed off, complacent and flippant about the issues. Have a spark dude. Show that you won’t tolerate a half ass performance like that.

Just now, Sani-Freeze said:

Three in an entire game.

3 that I remember but everyone has a different meaning of intermediate routes.  Jarrett threw plenty intermediate throws out of bounds

34 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

For anyone thinking this mess is acceptable. Please tune in to OSU / PSU game and watch what 4&5 stars playing against other  4&5 stars look like. Keep it in the back of your mind once ours start playing against others. 

I am watching ND and Standford and in complete jealousy mode...

Archived