Southern Miss Postgame Thread

tbone1430

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU is going to get killed by Bama. The only team in my eyes who has a glimmer of a chance is OU just because they can score and their QB can move a bit which causes Bama trouble. Obviously they can’t be coming out like they did against army, however, it seems like they realized this and turnt it on this week. Their defense is still suspect though.

If Bama plays like they have been playing no team will stay within 20 of them.  

However I do think they are suspect at linebacker but getting better.  They are having minor problems running the football effectively at times.   But hell no one plays perfect games.   Just get me to the game at 10-1 and I’ll be happy with the chance of winning the west but we got a long haul to get to that point

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Bizarre. You can't focus solely on the bad and discount the good. We were an injury away from a playoff berth last year. We have been in playoff/SEC contention in November 3 of Gus' first 5 years. 

Gus has major flaws, but also major upside. All any blueblood fanbase can hope for is a Championship Caliber program who stays nationally relevant and is always in the playoff picture. We are that. We are that at this very moment.

Being in playoff contention and being in the playoffs are two totally different things . So it is no point of me and you going back in forth. I am not into the “almost” argument.

1 minute ago, AUght2win said:

Bizarre. You can't focus solely on the bad and discount the good. We were an injury away from a playoff berth last year. We have been in playoff/SEC contention in November 3 of Gus' first 5 years. 

Gus has major flaws, but also major upside. All any blueblood fanbase can hope for is a Championship Caliber program who stays nationally relevant and is always in the playoff picture. We are that. We are that at this very moment.

Gus has upside in how he has delegated the defense and is a true CEO on that side of the ball like how Dabo and Urban are for their squads. If he would just do the same thing on offense and not just not call the plays BUT LET THE FREAKING OC RUN THE OFFENSE HE WANTS we would be a lot better off. Chad Morris saved Dabo's career. Gus needs to go find his Chad Morris. Hell Chip might be the next great playcaller but we never will know if Gus does not even let him run what he really wants to. Me and @McLoofus have long said Gus has all the makings of a great hands off CEO coach. He actually does that a lot better than "offensive genius". He is not the Sean McVay or Sean Payton of college.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

We did not impose our will that’s the point . So what the heck do you thing will happen once we play teams with our talent level? Arkansas had more yardage than us. They simply beat themselves because they were absolutely undisciplined. You live by a win is a win. I don’t . I live by how are you winning. That’s why me and you don’t tend to agree. And then you guys like to say “well, look we beat a top ten Washington team!” Guess what? Washington absolutely doesn’t recruit in the top ten range, so if that is the case, why do people keep using that moniker. We SHOULD beat them if that is your argument.

We should and we did

12 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

Our offense is terrible because our head coach is terrible. I give muschamp and Steele credit for the defense. Gus hired them; that’s all the credit he gets. If he was any more involved they’d start regressing as well. And we ain’t winning the west my friend.

Stuff like this shows so much bias it takes away from any kind of point you want to make. The offense sucks because of Gus, but the defense is great with no credit to Gus. Yeesh.

3 minutes ago, metafour said:

Both Muschamp and Steele were brought in by the hands behind the scenes.

Well...I tried. I figured he would have at least seen why Muschamp was someone we had to have

Just now, corchjay said:

We should and we did

Exactly so if you argument is UGA, LSU recruits better than us so it is not surprising if they beat us, that is fine. However, quit bringing up Washington in your response to others. We should be them correct? So it’s really no point in constantly bringing that victory up. 

Unfortunately some people can't see something is off and fix things, some people need to see the wheels come off to see.....sometimes even then they don't. I'm hoping it doesn't take a 50 point loss to bammer for someone to demand accountability for this coaching staff

Just now, DAG said:

Exactly so if you argument is UGA, LSU recruits better than us so it is not surprising if they beat us, that is fine. However, quit bringing up Washington in your response to others. We should be them correct? So it’s really no point in constantly bringing that victory up. 

Fair enough if you stop bringing up losing to LSU bama or UGA.   It kind of goes both ways 

Just now, corchjay said:

Fair enough if you stop bringing up losing to LSU bama or UGA.   It kind of goes both ways 

Why would I do that? My argument is not black and white like yours. There lies the difference .

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Being in playoff contention and being in the playoffs are two totally different things . So it is no point of me and you going back in forth. I am not into the “almost” argument.

There are over 130 FBS teams and 4 make playoffs. It is literally the most difficult sport on earth to achieve a playoff berth in. I think we will get there under Gus, though. 

I am of the believe if you can recruit consistently in the top 15, you should be able to beat any freaking body in the country .

Just now, AUght2win said:

Stuff like this shows so much bias it takes away from any kind of point you want to make. The offense sucks because of Gus, but the defense is great with no credit to Gus. Yeesh.

Tell me where Gus deserves credit for the defense, other than hiring the coordinator. If anything, he deserves credit for staying away from the defense. Gus is the offensive genius, isn’t he? It’s the offense that is consistently subpar these days, isn’t it? Who refuses to adapt and change the offense for any reason? Do I need to go on?

5 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Gus has upside in how he has delegated the defense and is a true CEO on that side of the ball like how Dabo and Urban are for their squads. If he would just do the same thing on offense and not just not call the plays BUT LET THE FREAKING OC RUN THE OFFENSE HE WANTS we would be a lot better off. Chad Morris saved Dabo's career. Gus needs to go find his Chad Morris. Hell Chip might be the next great playcaller but we never will know if Gus does not even let him run what he really wants to. Me and @McLoofus have long said Gus has all the makings of a great hands off CEO coach. He actually does that a lot better than "offensive genius". He is not the Sean McVay or Sean Payton of college.

He also has the underrated skill of having his guys buy-in every year. Idk how he does that. They must keep the program insulated because a lot of the crap we do would leave me demoralized as a player.

We always fight and play hard.

Just now, AUght2win said:

There are over 130 FBS teams and 4 make playoffs. It is literally the most difficult sport on earth to achieve a playoff berth in. I think we will get there under Gus, though. 

I haven’t brought up the playoffs one time. You did by saying we almost got there and I am going to say almost doesn’t count lol. You can try to justify that in any manner you want, but almost only helps you in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Just now, DAG said:

I am of the believe if you can recruit consistently in the top 15, you should be able to beat any freaking body in the country .

And we do beat any team in the country.  We actually beat the 2 best teams in the country last year.  And if not for a bummed up shoulder of an all American running back in the SEC championship I think we roll into the playoff.  

1 hour ago, corchjay said:

We’re 4-1 with the only loss to the #5 team regardless of where we finish.  That is hardly any result that would even be in discussion for making coaching changes.  One thing Gus has not shied away from is cutting loose problems that need to be fixed.  If something needs to be changed at the end of the season then he will make a change. I still see 9-3 as our record at the end...

There are some really bad teams in the SEC if we go9-3

3 minutes ago, DAG said:

Why would I do that? My argument is not black and white like yours. There lies the difference .

Then I don’t comprehend what you are trying to say.  Not trying to be a hard head just really don’t understand the don’t give credit for this but blame for that.  

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

And we do beat any team in the country.  We actually beat the 2 best teams in the country last year.  And if not for a bummed up shoulder of an all American running back in the SEC championship I think we roll into the playoff.  

Yes we did. We also lost to UCF last year. Are we more talented than them coach?

Just now, corchjay said:

Then I don’t comprehend what you are trying to say.  Not trying to be a hard head just really don’t understand the don’t give credit for this but blame for that.  

Haha I have given credit to Gus more than enough . I have him credit for beating Bama and UGA, but I will also critique him for losing to the likes of UCF. Losing to LSU in the manner he did last year. I don’t understand why that is so hard to get? The man is too freaking inconsistent. 

Just now, Potatooooooes!! said:

Tell me where Gus deserves credit for the defense, other than hiring the coordinator. If anything, he deserves credit for staying away from the defense. Gus is the offensive genius, isn’t he? It’s the offense that is consistently subpar these days, isn’t it? Who refuses to adapt and change the offense for any reason? Do I need to go on?

WikiHow: Head Football Coach.

1. The head football coach is tasked with the overall performance of a team, including the game's three phases: offense, defense, and special teams!

2. Each phase is important, and the head football coach must recruit players to help every phase perform well. 

3. The head football coach also must hire competent employees who specialize in these phases. If one of the phases fails, it is the head coach's responsibility to hire and fire employees to improve the phase!

Gus Malzahn is the head football coach at Auburn University, and ergo, the totality of the team's performance is attributed to him! The more you know! ?‍??‍??‍??‍?

7 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

He also has the underrated skill of having his guys buy-in every year. Idk how he does that. They must keep the program insulated because a lot of the crap we do would leave me demoralized as a player.

We always fight and play hard.

It’s called character.  We generally have always recruited pretty high character guys.   It’s something about that AU charm that is for guys like that but also AU isn’t for every young player out there 

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

WHAT IS AUBURN FOOTBALL HISTORY  FOR $500 Alex

I am not living for the past. I am living for now. Again, therein lies the difference between me and you. Whatever Auburn history was, doesn’t mean I have to accept it because it is what Auburn has done. Such a crap way of thinking. 

Archived