Southern Miss Postgame Thread

tbone1430

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

Subtract Chip from this thought process and I agree......

I agrer with this, but Rodgers is the biggest know-nothing I have ever heard as a color guy. He doesn't do his homework.

He actually said "I think Auburn was trying to run a back shoulder throw, one of their staples that they like to run". 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Not a mod and don’t drink.  Not trying to be intimidating just think it’s best neither of us mention each other.  

Ill put my football knowledge and experience against you anyway anytime... 

So peace out.   If you want to challenge on X’s and O’s I’m down.   If you want to discuss football without bashing posters, coaches, or players I’m down.  Other then that from here forward I will ignore you because you bring nothing to this board or to me personally so I’m done with you.  

Hope you find the peace in your life you need.

They need to start a real housewives of aufamily show.......you would be perfect, lots of words and dramatization. No talent. How you just go from a racist jab to ghandi in all of 3 posts? 

Your new handle is AUKardashian

I know we as a board can’t agree on much, but can we at least all agree that we’re terrible?

everyone sees at least that much, right? Or should I specify...everything Gus Malzahn touches these days regresses in a manner I’ve never seen. Seriously: when someone plays for a coach, I expect even bad coaches to make improvements somewhere, but he can’t even do that. Offensive players don’t even stay the same under him; they literally get worse. All of them! Is it that hard to see?

the only reason we might do well this year is because everyone else we are playing is also the worst version of themselves I have seen in a long time. 

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I know we as a board can’t agree on much, but can we at least all agree that we’re terrible in trouble?

FIFY

Oh, and I completely agree on the rest of your post.

2 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I know we as a board can’t agree on much, but can we at least all agree that we’re terrible?

everyone sees at least that much, right? Or should I specify...everything Gus Malzahn touches these days regresses in a manner I’ve never seen. Seriously: when someone plays for a coach, I expect even bad coaches to make improvements somewhere, but he can’t even do that. Offensive players don’t even stay the same under him; they literally get worse. All of them! Is it that hard to see?

the only reason we might do well this year is because everyone else we are playing is also the worst version of themselves I have seen in a long time. 

We aren't terrible. Our offense is terrible. We have a top 5 defense. 

Why do people act like that doesn't count? We beat a Top 10 Washington team because of it, should have beaten a top 5 LSU because of it, and still have a chance to win the West because of it. Gus should at least get credit for that side of the ball. 

Only 4 years ago, Blake effing Sims put up 55 points on us. 

Just now, Shift said:

FIFY

Oh, and I completely agree on the rest of your post.

We are in deep trouble when we play UGA and Bama. Still think we beat Utenn, Miss state and Ole miss. Aggies are a toss up in my eyes. If we lose to Miss state next week then I am officially on the ruh oh, we made a huge mistake bandwagon . I hate to say it but I am so complacent at the moment. I hate it for our fans , who get bored out of their minds in the stands , and the players.

4 minutes ago, cole256 said:

They need to start a real housewives of aufamily show.......you would be perfect, lots of words and dramatization. No talent. How you just go from a racist jab to ghandi in all of 3 posts? 

Your new handle is AUKardashian

Racist jab.  What racist jab?  You’re a boy to me!  If that’s racist it’s on you.  Like always you see everything black and white.  Do you even know what race I am?  Lol you’re a joke and loser.   Goodbye!   This will be my last response to your ignorance.  

You win  you’re the best most gifted poster.  Congrats internet champion for life

Yeah if things don't change, Bama will drop 50 on us, with 30 coming from defensive scores. 

UGA could be a beat down. 

Miss St and A&M are tossups. And that's just because of the defense

Just now, AUght2win said:

Why do people act like that doesn't count? We beat a Top 10 Washington team because of it, should have beaten a top 5 LSU because of it, and still have a chance to win the West because of it. Gus should at least get credit for that side of the ball. 

Should have doesn’t count nor does beating a top ten team if you don’t finish strong . It’s like the people who always say how we beat two #1 teams last year. We absolutely did. But then those same people forget to mention we also loss 4 games including two to end the season. It’s super agenda driven. No we aren’t a terrible team and that is what makes this is so frustrating. We have as much talent as anyone in the country.

2 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Our offense is terrible because our head coach is terrible. I give muschamp and Steele credit for the defense. Gus hired them; that’s all the credit he gets. If he was any more involved they’d start regressing as well. And we ain’t winning the west my friend.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Should have doesn’t count nor does beating a top ten team if you don’t finish strong . It’s like the people who always say how we beat two #1 teams last year. We absolutely did. But then those same people forget to mention we also loss 4 games including two to end the season. It’s super agenda driven. No we aren’t a terrible team and that is what makes this is so frustrating. We have as much talent as anyone in the country.

Yes! And like you said, That's what makes it so maddening 

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

We have as much talent as anyone in the country.

Actually we don’t we are probably somewhere between 8-12... right about where we are ranked in the polls.   We got a pretty good class going this year that could move us up in talent if we finish the class out strong 

5 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah if things don't change, Bama will drop 50 on us, with 30 coming from defensive scores. 

Unfortunately I don't see anyone beating Bama this year. Maybe LSU but who knows

46 minutes ago, metafour said:

You aren't even worth responding to.

Malzahn isn't the guy and he won't last here.  The fact that you can even keep this charade up is sickening.  

I am not telling anybody how to live their lives or root for Auburn. But IMO it sounds like a recipe for misery to spend every game hoping it leads to Gus' demise.

He just won the SEC West, and made his 2nd straight big 6 bowl (3rd in 5 years). He just signed a 50 million dollar contract. We are 4-1. We have beaten a Top 10 team, and lost by 1 point to a Top 5 team.

From where things sit today, do you realize how much Auburn would have to lose and how far we would have to fall as a program for Gus' firing to even be up for discussion? 

Stop calling for Gus' head. It isn't even worth discussing right now. Do yourself a favor and hope he grows and makes changes, rather than hoping we tank so hard that he is MAYBE gone in MAYBE 2-3 years.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Actually we don’t we are probably somewhere between 8-12... right about where we are ranked in the polls.   We got a pretty good class going this year that could move us up in talent if we finish the class out strong 

Number 8-12 out of how many schools in the country? That’s top tier. Come on man. Sick of this excuse. We damn sure have more talent than Southern miss and Arkansas.

1 minute ago, Tiger96 said:

Unfortunately I don't see anyone beating Bama this year. Maybe LSU but who knows

LSU is going to get killed by Bama. The only team in my eyes who has a glimmer of a chance is OU just because they can score and their QB can move a bit which causes Bama trouble. Obviously they can’t be coming out like they did against army, however, it seems like they realized this and turnt it on this week. Their defense is still suspect though.

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

LSU is going to get killed by Bama. The only team in my eyes who has a glimmer of a chance is OU just because they can score and their QB can move a bit which causes Bama trouble. Obviously they can’t be coming out like they did against army, however, it seems like they realized this and turnt it on this week. Their defense is still suspect though.

Yeah I could see OU - bama like a 45-35 type game but bama’s D would still make more stops than OU.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

Number 8-12 out of how many schools in the country? That’s top tier. Come on man. Sick of this excuse. We damn sure have more talent than Southern miss and Arkansas.

Like I said 8-12 and we are ranked right in that spot at 10.   We beat both USM and Arky.   Not sure the point.  But if we are going on talent alone and not heart desire lucky bounces then just hand out awards after recruiting.  We are 4th in the conf in talent level.  Bama UGA LSU then AU.  

Just now, OnthePlains said:

Yeah I could see OU - bama like a 45-35 type game but bama’s D would still make more stops than OU.

Yep that’s how I see it. 

7 minutes ago, DAG said:

Bizarre. You can't focus solely on the bad and discount the good. We were an injury away from a playoff berth last year. We have been in playoff/SEC contention in November 3 of Gus' first 5 years. 

Gus has major flaws, but also major upside. All any blueblood fanbase can hope for is a Championship Caliber program who stays nationally relevant and is always in the playoff picture. We are that. We are that at this very moment.

15 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Racist jab.  What racist jab?  You’re a boy to me!  If that’s racist it’s on you.  Like always you see everything black and white.  Do you even know what race I am?  Lol you’re a joke and loser.   Goodbye!   This will be my last response to your ignorance.  

You win  you’re the best most gifted poster.  Congrats internet champion for life

Good stuff Kyndal

7 minutes ago, Potatooooooes!! said:

I give muschamp and Steele credit for the defense. Gus hired them; that’s all the credit he gets.

Both Muschamp and Steele were brought in by the hands behind the scenes.

Just now, corchjay said:

Like I said 8-12 and we are ranked right in that spot at 10.   We beat both USM and Arky.   Not sure the point.  But if we are going on talent alone and not heart desire lucky bounces then just hand out awards after recruiting.  We are 4th in the conf in talent level.  Bama UGA LSU then AU.  

We did not impose our will that’s the point . So what the heck do you thing will happen once we play teams with our talent level? Arkansas had more yardage than us. They simply beat themselves because they were absolutely undisciplined. You live by a win is a win. I don’t . I live by how are you winning. That’s why me and you don’t tend to agree. And then you guys like to say “well, look we beat a top ten Washington team!” Guess what? Washington absolutely doesn’t recruit in the top ten range, so if that is the case, why do people keep using that moniker. We SHOULD beat them if that is your argument.

Archived