Southern Miss Postgame Thread

tbone1430

5 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

UGA without question IS building in the East what the Turds have in the West. And it isn't because of lack of competition, it's because Kirby learned all the tricks of the trade from little Nicky and knows where the bodies are buried. This is going to allow him to continue building Bama 2.0 in the East. 

So we better figure out how to handle this better or we will be in real trouble in a couple of years. 

All time, Auburn is a top 15 team. That's hardly a "slightly above average program." 

There are PLENTY teams that would take our "slightly above average programs" history and change it with their own. Like all but 14 other squads are below us all time. But sure... We are a "slightly above average program." 

This shows your lack of football knowledge. JS is one of the most talented QBs we have ever had at Auburn. He is regressing under the clowns coaching him. 

I do believe JS would look SIGNIFICANTLY different in an actual Chip Lindsey Air Raid offense, rather than this.... Um.... Offense we run. 

And there isn't any real help coming in on the OL either unless we can somehow snag Webb, and even then Brahms isn't really the issue. Maybe he could slide over to guard? But either way, there aren't any top tier tackles being brought in this class either. 

We like Webb as a Center but a lot of colleges are already recruiting him as a Guard. He would be a tremendous step in the right direction.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, leglessdan said:

Please tell me you're not that ignorant....please. Gus has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the defense. That is Steele's baby and those kids play for him. Period. Gus is ALL up in the offense. It's pretty evident if you've ever watched a Chip Lindsey offense operating. Our O is not a CL offense. It may show flashes here and there with certain plays, but the underlying construct has a Gus stamp all over it. Teams have and are keying on that and exploiting it. Gus has ruined every QB he's had at Auburn minus 2. But....they had other worldly, phenomenal ATHLETIC abilities that enabled them to mask the incompetence of play calling by their HC.

Reread my initial post. I don't disagree Gus is making a mess of the offense. But the poster I responded to says Gus gets no credit for our top 5 defense.

He absolutely gets credit. He is the head coach. It was his decision to bring in Coach Steele, a host of other great defensice coaches, and hand over the reigns. Don't use double standards by saying Gus somehow doesn't get credit for his team's defense.

5 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah man I didn’t mean any disrespect or anything I was just trying to make a point. We’re not a “blueblood” program like ND or USC or what have you. The slightly above average wasn’t meant to be a put down of Auburn. I’m quite proud of Auburn history and of being the scrappy underdog to the moronic empire across the state.  I just think we could be more with the right guy in place. 

Auburn is absolutely a blueblood. Multiple national titles, top 15 in wins, 3 heismans, tons of conference titles, NFL pipeline, 90k seat stadium, and top 10 in terms of net monetary value. 

If Auburn isn't a blueblood then nobody is.

6 minutes ago, AUght2win said:

Auburn is absolutely a blueblood. Multiple national titles, top 15 in wins, 3 heismans, tons of conference titles, NFL pipeline, 90k seat stadium, and top 10 in terms of net monetary value. 

If Auburn isn't a blueblood then nobody is.

We only have 8 conference titles, I wouldn't call that a ton. Before 2004 we were 1 CC behind Ole Miss. I consider us a blue blood but in the eyes of most outside of the southeast we aren't anywhere near the stature of the media darlings of the CFB world.

1 minute ago, CAReeves2010 said:

We only have 8 conference titles, I wouldn't call that a ton. Before 2004 we were 1 CC behind Ole Miss. I consider us a blue blood but in the eyes of most outside of the southeast we aren't anywhere near the stature of the media darlings of the CFB world.

12 actually. But no, I agree we aren't a darling. There are other bluebloods who aren't darlings either. UGA, Clemson, Tennessee, Texas A&M, etc.

Not sure if this has been brought up, the fair catches on the kickoff returns were poor. we lost 10-15 yards for most of those.  There was no one near our person who caught the ball except the one time no one caught it. As bad as the offense is, we do not need to give up easy yards. 

16 hours ago, cole256 said:

Smh. Biggest dummy on the board. You can't tell anybody anything. You're not even a mod. What you supposed to be intimidating??? How? With your intellect and football acumen? ??? Go to sleep, you're drunk.

Calling like you see it? If it's anything like you calling football like you see it I'm good....

Brilliant, I mean simply brilliant! Your command of the English language that you so artfully put into words and phrases just baffles the mind.

I mean you write so well, maybe you should consider writing AD Green, who gave Gus the seven-year contract and the buyout and discuss your concerns directly with him.

15 hours ago, metafour said:

Both Muschamp and Steele were brought in by the hands behind the scenes.

Now you either don’t know what you’re talking about, or you are simply making things up, to try and prove your point. Two days after Will Muschamp was let go in Florida, I mean literally two days after, Gus was in Gainesville visiting him and offering him a job. Steel actually wanted to come to AU because of his family and children. The Steele family and the Malzone family were friends and discussed coming to Auburn over a calendar year before the offer was made. Those are facts!

11 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Brilliant, I mean simply brilliant! Your command of the English language that you so artfully put into words and phrases just baffles the mind.

I mean you write so well, maybe you should consider writing AD Green, who gave Gus the seven-year contract and the buyout and discuss your concerns directly with him.

? I'm sorry ma'am, if there is something I did that offended you please just accept my apology. I don't want anything to mess up the fantastic you not saying anything to me relationship we've been maintaining lately. So please be sure to continue that and we'll overlook this little mistake of you talking. Thanks

24 minutes ago, cole256 said:

? I'm sorry ma'am, if there is something I did that offended you please just accept my apology. I don't want anything to mess up the fantastic you not saying anything to me relationship we've been maintaining lately. So please be sure to continue that and we'll overlook this little mistake of you talking. Thanks

????? 

39 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Now you either don’t know what you’re talking about, or you are simply making things up, to try and prove your point. Two days after Will Muschamp was let go in Florida, I mean literally two days after, Gus was in Gainesville visiting him and offering him a job. Steel actually wanted to come to AU because of his family and children. The Steele family and the Malzone family were friends and discussed coming to Auburn over a calendar year before the offer was made. Those are facts!

Both were contacted by money-men within our program, you know, the same ones that everyone always blames for "mingling".  Gus has no interest in handling the defense, but of course he had no objection with bringing in two established SEC veteran coordinators with proven success.  Don't you find it odd that "his" defensive hires are all veteran SEC hired guns with the resume to coach at a school like Auburn, and yet when its time to hire an offensive coach, somehow the only people qualified are the few coaches that he has preexisting tenure with? 

Muschamp in particular was hired at a point wherein Malzahn was hanging by a thread.  He had no say of yes/no on that hire, and use some common sense: you think a coach that was a second away from being fired wants to bring in someone like Muschamp who very easily could have usurped him and stolen his job? 

10 minutes ago, metafour said:

Both were contacted by money-men within our program, you know, the same ones that everyone always blames for "mingling".  Gus has no interest in handling the defense, but of course he had no objection with bringing in two established SEC veteran coordinators with proven success.  Don't you find it odd that "his" defensive hires are all veteran SEC hired guns with the resume to coach at a school like Auburn, and yet when its time to hire an offensive coach, somehow the only people qualified are the few coaches that he has preexisting tenure with? 

Muschamp in particular was hired at a point wherein Malzahn was hanging by a thread.  He had no say of yes/no on that hire, and use some common sense: you think a coach that was a second away from being fired wants to bring in someone like Muschamp who very easily could have usurped him and stolen his job? 

18 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Thanks for injecting some common sense to the board!

We simply don’t have three dozen well paid five stars on the team, to go along with four dozen four stars driving new Dodge Chargers, plus the #1 rated, duel threat QB that thanked the University for moving his family from Hawaii to West Vance, (Amazing how said university moved the entire family, provided a place for them to live, found them jobs etc. and did it all legally) and a favorable schedule. So because of that, we’re just not going to compete for a national championship every year.

Once more people realize this, they won’t be as upset about the situation on the planes.

That is some ITAT-level conspiracy there, and has nothing to do with AU playing Arkansas nor USM.

Btw, AU is one of 9 teams in the country where 50% of the roster is 4 & 5* guys.  

14 hours ago, metafour said:

You are factually incorrect! Please reread what I wrote above which is 100% accurate!

14 hours ago, Mike4AU said:

FWIW, Greene, nor JJ, had anything to do with Gus’s contract extension.  That was Leath. 

Factually incorrect!

22 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

I think in the right system he could be a good QB...but he’s in the WRONG system for a developing QB...

Was programmed as a DT out of HS which turned out to be wrong. 

What system should he be in?     What skill of his are we not utilizing?    Which team is running the "system" that he could flourish in?  

8 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Was programmed as a DT out of HS which turned out to be wrong. 

What system should he be in?     What skill of his are we not utilizing?    Which team is running the "system" that he could flourish in?  

Baylor. Pretty much any of the big 12 schools. Washington State. 

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Factually incorrect!

AU agreed to new deal with Gus on Dec 3. 2017.  Greene was hired on Jan 18, 2018.  JJ had long been persona non grata and wasn’t negotiating anything other than his departure. 

I am not sure what narrative you are pushing, but it sure does appear you are trying to discredit Greene.  Is there a reason why you are doing that?  Curious minds would like to know why. 

1 minute ago, Mike4AU said:

AU agreed to new deal with Gus on Dec 3. 2017.  Greene was hired on Jan 18, 2018.  JJ had long been persona non grata and wasn’t negotiating anything other than his departure. 

I am not sure what narrative you are pushing, but it sure does appear you are trying to discredit Greene.  Is there a reason why you are doing that?  Curious minds would like to know why. 

He has questioned him since his hire. Good luck.

3 minutes ago, Mike4AU said:

Need to blame the BOT.....that's who approved the deal ….at AU I doubt anything involving that kind of money is left to the discretion of one person. 

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

Baylor. Pretty much any of the big 12 schools. Washington State. 

Theoretically that could be true but JS is much to slow to get the pass off to do well in those systems too....which mostly live on quick darts.   That sack/fumble on Saturday was an example....he was going long and reared back to make throw and took forever to bring his arm forward and left the ball exposed. JMO

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

Theoretically that could be true but JS is much to slow to get the pass off to do well in those systems too....which mostly live on quick darts.   That sack/fumble on Saturday was an example....he was going long and reared back to make throw and took forever to bring his arm forward and left the ball exposed. JMO

Well he did very well in he Baylor system as a true freshman. There is no way you can possibly deny that. 

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

This assumes JS would not have any better coaching than he has now.  I think Mike Leach would change enough things to make a difference in JS’s thought processes to be a better QB.  JMO.

Archived