Southern Miss Postgame Thread

tbone1430

Just now, corchjay said:

I am disappointed tonight.  Not looking to blame anyone on the offense but Jarrett is playing about as poorly as you can play without turning the ball over.  The drifting in the pocket is not good.  Trox and Sharpe both got beat on pass rush but other then that the pocket wasn’t horrible.  The drifting and sliding in the pocket is causing the OL to lose leverage on their pass pro

Yeah, Stidham is moving almost always to his left, against his throwing motion. He also isn't keeping his eyes on the whole field. He had a checkdown to his right, wide open on one of his scrambles to the sideline. I doubt that was the only time it happened, but it was obvious to most people at home, and probably everyone at the stadium. 

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

He runs it when it's good too. Also when it's in between.

How do we know this? I see the offense Rhett runs while he’s not at Auburn. It looks just like the one he ran at Auburn.

1 minute ago, sevenlee36 said:

So we need to fire him after giving the huge contract, that’ll work ? 

Hiring new offensive coaches fixes nothing. I'm well aware Gus is going nowhere, but the assistants shouldn't be thrown under the bus(so to speak).

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

So we need to fire him after giving the huge contract, that’ll work ? 

Honestly yes. We are going to have to paid the sorry witch anyway might as well try to hire a coach that can do something rather than lose for the next 6 years. Sorry folks he ain’t going to get better no matter how much you wish.

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I am disappointed tonight.  Not looking to blame anyone on the offense but Jarrett is playing about as poorly as you can play without turning the ball over.  The drifting in the pocket is not good.  Trox and Sharpe both got beat on pass rush but other then that the pocket wasn’t horrible.  The drifting and sliding in the pocket is causing the OL to lose leverage on their pass pro

Horton was beaten on every snap. 

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

And to pre-empt Mikey, AU64, CORCHj, fiftey, belle, Doc, etc...yeah we are a 1 loss team in the AP top Ten (until the new rankings come out...lol).  Just to save you some typing time.

I hope you're  deliberately trying to be a jerk for some inexplicable reason.....because you're very successful at it. 

22 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Boys, depending on how the ball bounces we could go 7-5, 6-6 or 5-7. Only game left I feel confident about is Liberty. We're plain bad up front on the OL. No need for sugar coating.

Bramblett said with our defense and special teams we were capable of winning every game left on out schedule.  Just need to do some work on offense.  ;D

Best part about this game is that dish network never allowed me to watcb it after the delay. Money well spent

9 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I say hire the SM coach their offense looked better against our good defense than our own offense has looked all year.

They were very well coached. 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Because I have eyes. Gus calls plays in 2014. Slowly gives Rhett "control" but nothing changes. Chip has full "control" and there are minimal changes. 

Have you seen Rhett’s offenses? It’s the same one he ran when he was here. Even the twirly bird, no lie.

I don’t normally post. I feel like there are 2 main problems execution wise. Not going to talk about coaching. Just the play on the field

we have a bad combo of an inexperienced offensive line. Mixed with a qb who is at minimum 1 second late on all his throws. Look at the deep ball td to Williams. If he threw that one second sooner it’s an easy catch. The glaring example is the curl route he threw for a pick on the opening series against LSU. Had he thrown it a second sooner Ryan Williams would have caught it. My biggest complaint about Stdham is he is late on most of his throws and reads. So mix that with the o line issues and we have a big problem on offense

we will be in most if not all our games because our defense is elite. 

1 minute ago, homersapien said:

Bramlett said with our defense and special teams we were capable of winning every game left on out schedule.  Just need to do some work on offense.  ;D

I agree just keep the offense on the sideline and we might have a chance. Our defense can beat the other team they just can’t beat the other team and our incompetent offense turning over the ball at the same time.

Bramlett said with our defense and special teams we were capable of winning every game left on out schedule.  Just need to do some work on offense.  ;D

Then they really can't see from the new press box. It's worse than I thought.

Not quite sure what he did during the delay......

We need to put this defense in a cryogenic sleeping chamber and preserve them for a year where we have a functioning offense.

Someone should quite literally lose their job tonight. JB Grimes has to go period. We can’t get rid of Gus but everyone outside of Kodi Burns should be on the hottest seat imaginable.

This is full on melt down panic mode. If Gus is anything other than pissed the **** off at the press conference he should be fined $1,000,000 and the money should go to as many tuitions as it can cover.

All season ticket holders deserve 20% of the total price back as an apology.

No football only facility is in our near future. Might as well consider Gus’ $2,000,000 donation a down payment on the get rid of Gus fund.

Harrell and Horton couldn’t block my five year old niece right now. This game was almost worst case scenario with our only chance at a 1,000 rusher getting hurt Tega getting dinged up, Driscoll getting dinged up, and Stidham continually sliding backwards. We are in free fall and Gus is acting like everything’s peachy. Although, s***, he makes what would take me 200 years to make in one year so why shouldn’t he fee fine? A 7 year contract has to of been the must ****-tarded thing done in Auburn’s recent history. 

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Homer Bramblett doesn't know ape shix from apple butter when it comes to football. He gets paid to pump sunshine..

Just now, sevenlee36 said:

Have you seen Rhett’s offenses? It’s the same one he ran when he was here. Even the twirly bird, no lie.

Funny how Chip's is so similar, minus the twirly bird. Add a wrinkle or two per coordinator, offense doesn't change. Gus isn't calling plays, but he's determining them. 

Archived