Where is the problem

bigbird

We can't run and we don't have enough time to pass.  That is not the backs fault. Fix the one glaring condition and the two symptoms will fix themselves.  

1$ to @TAYLORKEETON

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've already stated what I think the major problem is in two threads so I'm sure y'all getting tired of me.

Set up in an aggressive stance instead of a passive stance and get low and leverage.

Even on run plays the Offensive Line moves backwards, waiting for contact, instead of dishing out the contact.

6 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Set up in an aggressive stance instead of a passive stance and get low and leverage.

From what I recall of Grimes first trip to AU, this was a staple. He’s stated he’s having to coach out a lot of bad habits. We knew Hand was a liability, just didn’t think it was this bad.

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

Wow.  When you slow the film down, the weakness are very apparent.

Actually, in real time, they’re pretty easy to pick out if you watch those positions, lol.

1 minute ago, fredst said:

Actually, in real time, they’re pretty easy to pick out if you watch those positions, lol.

Yep, your probably right.  I am guilty of following the ball most times.

1 minute ago, Shift said:

Yep, your probably right.  I am guilty of following the ball most times.

Me too, but these problems have been so glaring they’ve been hard to miss.

The problem is obviously that defenses are doing mean and illegal stuff, like twists, stunts, bull rushes, blitzes, and other unmentionables! 

Oh, and K Mart too! ? 

(Hint sarcasm detected in this post)

Line Definitely not movingforward at the line on run plays. Also the play is taking way to long to develope. I personally don’t like pulling two line men leaves to much of your backside open. Couple that with the drawn out hand of 3 yards behind the line of scrimmage is a perfect environment for tfls. I understand why pro teams mostly for run from QB under center. RB is in the hole faster. Gus’s offense was a thing early on now defenses have countered with speed at the point of attack and they attack the ball. 

10 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Gus’s offense was a thing early on now defenses have countered with speed at the point of attack and they attack the ball. 

Exactly.

And Auburn counters by waiting for the defender to make his move.  So not only do they passively await the defender, these videos clearly show them whiffing as they bite on the move.

I get that a bit more in pass pro.  But that's how they run too.  

When Gus hires me as OLine Coach, I can promise you one thing on run plays.... My OLinemen will be beating the defenders to the point of attack, they will be lower than the defenders and they will have leverage.  ...well, that's 3 things but it's 3 things more than Hand or Grimes coached/coaches.

As for whiffing on a defender's move?  That's just laziness or someone not studying film.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Horton trying that new handless pass blocking technique. 

I'm honestly not sure if you're joking or not ?

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

I'm honestly not sure if you're joking or not ?

Joking as far as the technique...not joking in that Horton appears to be trying to do just that though

57 minutes ago, bigbird said:

We can't run and we don't have enough time to pass.  That is not the backs fault. Fix the one glaring condition and the two symptoms will fix themselves.  

1$ to @TAYLORKEETON

God almighty if no improvement we could be screwed

edit.....this makes me almost physically sick.....that is not an Auburn offensive line I've since in a long time

God, that is pitiful. I'm sorry, but I would sit some of them on the bench until I found 5 that want to play football. I don't care at this point if it's five walkons. Some of it I am seeing in those clips is pure laziness. On one play The Right Guard got beat, before he got out of his stance.

1 minute ago, Eagle-1 said:

God, that is pitiful. I'm sorry, but I would sit some of them on the bench until I found 5 that want to play football. I don't care at this point if it's five walkons.

Scary thing might be that they’re the best options. 

3 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

God almighty if no improvement we could be screwed

5-7, 6-6, 7-5. One of these will be our record if things don’t improve quickly. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Scary thing might be that they’re the best options. 

If it is, maybe we can get some transtransfers from Jacksonville State or somewhere. That is awful! I didn't get to see the Southern Miss game, as I was traveling down to Florida for vacation. They are getting whipped literally by defensive lineman from a Conference USA team.

56 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1$ to @TAYLORKEETON

I’ll take a dollar too.

55 minutes ago, bigbird said:

1$ to @TAYLORKEETON

Ugggggg at times they look completely lost.........no knowledge of the snap count.

Archived