Where is the problem

bigbird

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, around4ever said:
9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Ok I feel like a broken record....but why did the offense look so much worse against arky and southern miss vs LSU and Washington? This is not an argument that the offense is good but why weren’t we obliterated in those two games?  

I feel like there may be some internal issues.  NCM an JH left the team and others thought about it.  Something has affected the Offense terribly. 

And it's already been mentioned by reputable posters that "the word" is CCL has one foot out the door already.

9 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Ok I feel like a broken record....but why did the offense look so much worse against arky and southern miss vs LSU and Washington? This is not an argument that the offense is good but why weren’t we obliterated in those two games?  

Well Kim was at center. He is not good but is seems NB is really playing worse. 

Just now, AUsince72 said:

And it's already been mentioned by reputable posters that "the word" is CCL has one foot out the door already.

Who said this? 

1 minute ago, AUsince72 said:

Where is going to go back to High School? UAB? 

2 minutes ago, around4ever said:

I feel like there may be some internal issues.  NCM an JH left the team and others thought about it.  Something has affected the Offense terribly. 

Agreed. Such a complete mess. Hard to imagine the coaches are all on the same page.

8 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Who said this? 

I'm not good at linking prior posts but page 6 of the "what do we do on offense now thread".  @fredst & @bigbird have both heard "scuttlebutt". 

You'll see my stupid reply with both their posts referenced (tinfoil hat lady).  My point being I DO believe something odd is going on.

3 hours ago, bigbird said:

We can't run and we don't have enough time to pass.  That is not the backs fault. Fix the one glaring condition and the two symptoms will fix themselves.  

1$ to @TAYLORKEETON

That’s a 3 MAN FRONT ladies and gentlemen. Not to mention it’s Southern Miss’ 3 man front.

Insane

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

edit.....this makes me almost physically sick.....that is not an Auburn offensive line I've since in a long time

I couldn't watch past halfway it was so nauseating.

Reminded me of an old coach's saying: Looks like 11 monkeys trying to "copulate" with a football.  I cleaned it up for the board.

I just can't imagine the frustration Lindsey, Grimes and Gus feel, watching this kind of incompetence play after play after play. And JS and the RBs as well. And Grimes must feel totally embarrassed that he cannot coach up these guys to perform at a level that would even be called "mediocre." Really sad.

Is it possible the problem is in the preparation? It's always been talked about that we don't go 1s vs 1s, especially during the season. Any scrimmage-like offensive situations we practice during the season are all 1s vs scout team where the scout team is given very specific instructions on what they can and can't do. And the few times I've heard about 1s vs 1s in the spring and summer, the defense isn't allowed to play anything more than a base shell. No blitzing, no disguised coverages, nothing different than the prescribed visuals Gus wants his offense to see and execute against. 

10 hours ago, Zeek said:

That’s a 3 MAN FRONT ladies and gentlemen. Not to mention it’s Southern Miss’ 3 man front.

Insane

Well, we only run a 2-man front on offense.

13 hours ago, au_bsci_04 said:

From what I recall of Grimes first trip to AU, this was a staple. He’s stated he’s having to coach out a lot of bad habits. We knew Hand was a liability, just didn’t think it was this bad.

Grimes previous statements about Hand may be true.

Texas O line doesn't seem to be quite as clueless.

Would blaming Grimes for this mess be inappropriate?

12 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

Women’s college volleyball is one of my favorite sports to watch....

me too. i watched part of the auburn win over ole miss a couple of days ago.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

me too. i watched part of the auburn win over ole miss a couple of days ago.

Awesome. My son goes to Jax State and covers the women’s volleyball team there. No doubt those girls are more athletic than I ever was or will be.

is it injuries or talent? gus has sure been high on the team for the near future which tells me maybe he did not see this coming. it sure makes me wonder. but i still blame hand. one of the worst mistakes gus ever made.

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Awesome. My son goes to Jax State and covers the women’s volleyball team there. No doubt those girls are more athletic than I ever was or will be.

plains i am in saks. it is maybe fifteen twenty mins from j ville.

41 minutes ago, boomstick said:

Is it possible the problem is in the preparation?

My 2¢?  It's 100% of the problem.

Just now, aubiefifty said:

Whaaaaat? Dude we gotta meet up for coffee or a drink on one of my trips up to visit the boy! We were just up there last weekend for a game amd its a nice small college atmosphere. 

3 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:
4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Whaaaaat? Dude we gotta meet up for coffee or a drink on one of my trips up to visit the boy! We were just up there last weekend for a game amd its a nice small college atmosphere. 

Just remember fifty....it ain't Amsterdam. ?

Archived