Where is the problem

bigbird

3 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

But I can’t expect the guy to hobble into Athens and Tuscaloosa and win at the end of every season.

What we can all do is expect him to not always be hobbling into November. 3 out of 5 years, that is exactly what he has done. What we should expect him to do is march into November with a good team and a fighting chance against anyone in the country. This year sure looks like 4 out of 6. 

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Well to start with, Auburn needs a new offensive line coach and running back coach.

Fat-Amy-Crushed-it.gif

15 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

Well to start with, Auburn needs a new offensive line coach and running back coach.

I checked on EBay. There’s not one forsale. In all seriousness though WHO.

16 minutes ago, wcware said:

Mcgee maybe

He wanted the CO-OC title and that was already given to another.

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He wanted the CO-OC title and that was already given to another.

Maybe instead of looking for who is the best we need to start considering who is the best for GUS. Just who when married up with Gus can make this thing we call an offense run. It makes my head hurt because just like we are doing, I feel like Auburn will be guessing when we make a change. 

7 minutes ago, wcware said:

Maybe instead of looking for who is the best we need to start considering who is the best for GUS. Just who when married up with Gus can make this thing we call an offense run. It makes my head hurt because just like we are doing, I feel like Auburn will be guessing when we make a change. 

This offensive staff could not possibly be tailored any more to his liking. These are all Gus guys familiar and on board with Gus philosophies. He's basically got every branch of his coaching shrub working for him right now. 

The thing that needs to change is Gus, but I've lost all faith that it will ever happen. 

40 minutes ago, wcware said:

Nope. Gus has gotten all of his guys and we are still fighting uphill battles on the offensive end.  What Gus needs his someone with a bit more knowledge than him, who is humble enough to come in as an offensive coordinator. The problem is Gus wants to do things his way and in the end that will be his downfall.

27 minutes ago, DAG said:

Nope. Gus has gotten all of his guys and we are still fighting uphill battles on the offensive end.  What Gus needs his someone with a bit more knowledge than him, who is humble enough to come in as an offensive coordinator. The problem is Gus wants to do things his way and in the end that will be his downfall.

Yup.

This season kinda feels like the 2016 Clemson game on a bigger scale. It would not surprise me in the least if what we are doing on Saturdays isn't very similar to anything we did all offseason. 

9 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Yup.

This season kinda feels like the 2016 Clemson game on a bigger scale. It would not surprise me in the least if what we are doing on Saturdays isn't very similar to anything we did all offseason. 

If you mean "we" as in us posters seeing the obvious changes that need to be made over and over during the off-season only to see the same bad offensive football over and over on Saturdays?  .....then yep.

If you mean "we" as in Auburn's offense didn't actually play football in the off-season and they're still not playing football now, on Saturdays?  ....then yep again.

1 hour ago, wcware said:

Mcgee maybe

Would love McGee here, but realistically, even if he did come here, I'd foresee a repeat of Daymeune Craig's time here and it ending the same way as long as Gus is Head Coach.

I just want to enjoy watching us play offense again. Whatever that takes. I loved watching Dye teams run the ball as a small kid. Bowden and his teams find ways to win, even with the shadowing on the numbers on the jerseys. Tubs teams running downhill. Chiz.... well Cam was awesome. What will we remember Gus as..... I hope we figure that out soon.

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Would love McGee here, but realistically, even if he did come here, I'd foresee a repeat of Daymeune Craig's time here and it ending the same way as long as Gus is Head Coach.

Exactly.

Gus is gonna Gus no matter who's hired in any Offensive capacity.

That's why I suggested earlier that it may as well just be Gus & Kodi as the entire offensive staff.  I wouldn't be surprised if, once CCL leaves (out of frustration) he's replaced by some "analyst" already on staff or some HS HC from Arkansas....

29 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

D.craig became the villain really quickly around here haha but so has Gus so I can’t speak too much on that

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

This offensive staff could not possibly be tailored any more to his liking. These are all Gus guys familiar and on board with Gus philosophies. He's basically got every branch of his coaching shrub working for him right now. 

The thing that needs to change is Gus, but I've lost all faith that it will ever happen. 

Well basketball starts soon. 

On 10/1/2018 at 7:55 PM, aujeff11 said:

I married a college volleyball girl. I know exactly what you mean. If only I could convince her to do more three minute wall sits sessions under the volleyball net ten years later. 

I , too, married a college volleyball player. Still no complaints from me

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I laughed at the coaching shrub part. This is the guy that can replace any shrubs we need to eliminate. 😁

Screenshot_20181004-114740~2.png

On 10/1/2018 at 6:37 PM, bigbird said:

We can't run and we don't have enough time to pass.  That is not the backs fault. Fix the one glaring condition and the two symptoms will fix themselves.  

1$ to @TAYLORKEETON

So on that first play, is it designed so that Driscoll doesn't block anybody and he just hauls ass upfield? It looked like his plan from the time the ball was snapped was to block the safety. At the end of that play, you have 2 offensive linemen trying to block 5 or 6 Southern Miss players, Horton is jogging just outside of the pile doing nothing, and the other two are nowhere to be seen.  So is that the result of linemen not doing their job or really terrible play design? Maybe both?

1 hour ago, chimes said:

I , too, married a college volleyball player. Still no complaints from me

Cool 

34 minutes ago, nurbis said:

So on that first play, is it designed so that Driscoll doesn't block anybody and he just hauls ass upfield? It looked like his plan from the time the ball was snapped was to block the safety. At the end of that play, you have 2 offensive linemen trying to block 5 or 6 Southern Miss players, Horton is jogging just outside of the pile doing nothing, and the other two are nowhere to be seen.  So is that the result of linemen not doing their job or really terrible play design? Maybe both?

Typically on runs away the back side is unblocked and are out if the play due to design.

To me, it looks like Driscoll was supposed to chip the back side backer then move to the backside safety to cut off his pursuit.  The LB(5) goes around/over Driscoll's block moving him even further from the play so Driscoll immediately looked for the 3rd level defender.  Neither the backside end(3) nor the backside backer(5) should have been close to the play. However, they both end up making the play because of Brahms being driven back 2 yards into the lane. It's absolutely blown up by Brahms' man. That allowed 3 & 5 to chase down and make the play from the backside.

If Brahms makes his block, Shivers is through the hole cleanly.  If not for his missed block, this play would've gained very good yardage.  Harrell and Cox lead through the hole cleanly and have the angles on the playside backer and safety. Tega had the end turned enough to seal him outside, which is hard to do when he is playing in a 4i. All was still possible even though Horton was chasing butterflies

Archived