Mississippi State Score Prediction

Zeek

We have beaten them by 20 plus the last 2 years. That changes unfortunately.  If given the chance, I do think we see Asa Martin have some meaningful runs, assuming he has the frosh fumbles behind him. In the end, he will be our best back once he gets meaningful playing time. I would like to see a few packages  with Sandburg running the O as well. JS seems very confused when he doesn't have a lot of time to think, not to mention his accuracy has been bad thus far. The OL has to start getting some push. There is no excuse for the poor play so far and yes, a lot of the O problems are on them and how they were coached before Grimes got back. Fitzgerald will make plays regardless of the season he's had to date. I see it 26-20 AU. If we blow this game the season will essentially be done. Just my thoughts. Love when I am wrong on this board though.  

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Deemer 47 said:

I would like to see a few packages  with Sandburg running the O as well. 

Maybe that explains why Stids is always scrambling to his left.....

They've threatened to put in Sandberg and JS is all "look I throw moving left".

Just let it sink in a sec....

Auburn finds something on O 27 -13.  I am worried they bring in their Backup QB I was impressed with him in 1st game. 

Come on, ya'll know you want to see 3-2 again. If it ever were to happen again, it might this Saturday. War Eagle!

Don't blast me for this because it's just an opinion but I think we have been playing the past couple of games very vanilla on purpose ( again just my opinion). I think the Off. will look better than it has all season ( that said I still don't think it's great, just better).

Aub-30

Miss.St.-10

Similar to last week, until I see offensive improvement 21 - 20. I’m not sure who wins. 

2 hours ago, Deemer 47 said:

We have beaten them by 20 plus the last 2 years. That changes unfortunately.  If given the chance, I do think we see Asa Martin have some meaningful runs, assuming he has the frosh fumbles behind him. In the end, he will be our best back once he gets meaningful playing time. I would like to see a few packages  with Sandburg running the O as well. JS seems very confused when he doesn't have a lot of time to think, not to mention his accuracy has been bad thus far. The OL has to start getting some push. There is no excuse for the poor play so far and yes, a lot of the O problems are on them and how they were coached before Grimes got back. Fitzgerald will make plays regardless of the season he's had to date. I see it 26-20 AU. If we blow this game the season will essentially be done. Just my thoughts. Love when I am wrong on this board though.  

This is zero chance you see cord unless JS and Malik are hurt. Also there is little chance you see Asa. Not sure why unless he is just a fumble machine in practice. 

2 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Maybe that explains why Stids is always scrambling to his left.....

They've threatened to put in Sandberg and JS is all "look I throw moving left".

Just let it sink in a sec....

Could be true. Although Sandburg has been out of the game a long time, he can scramble and his arm is good. At this point, it would do no damage to the O anyway. The O looks completely pedestrian currently. Rather see Cord than Willis honestly. 

24 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

This is zero chance you see cord unless JS and Malik are hurt. Also there is little chance you see Asa. Not sure why unless he is just a fumble machine in practice. 

My point exactly. Gus is not that smart and I wonder about how committed he is. He knows he's in the drivers seat and I am sorely afraid he will continue to set the program back years. I for one never thought he was an O guru. Cam ignored him, because he was actually playing the game and NM, did very well until year 2. 

39 minutes ago, Deemer 47 said:

Could be true. Although Sandburg has been out of the game a long time, he can scramble and his arm is good. At this point, it would do no damage to the O anyway. The O looks completely pedestrian currently. Rather see Cord than Willis honestly. 

I was making a joke.  My humor can be an aquired taste, I admit.

Honestly, nothing will help this offense until the PTB  admit there's a FUNDAMENTAL problem.  We're 5 games in and they're actually getting worse.

Not sure what to expect.  WANT to expect the best but Gus/Chip gives no reason to right now.  Saying the same thing that he says all the time.

after thinking this over for 2 hours.........I have to go with the following:

Auburn 19

MSU 9 

Our defense pulls this one out for us with a  staunch effort that puts the moo school back in the back 40 pasture till next year.  We could score 28 points with a break here and there. I see an Arkansas type of game with some defensive superlatives for both schools with ours coming out on top! 

Hate to say it, but 27-10 state. Our offense won’t be able to score much on them and our defense will give out from being on the field too long. Hope I’m wrong.

Archived