Basketball Scandal...new schools, etc.

AU64

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

https://twitter.com/danwetzel/status/1047587766413000713?s=21

He sat one game. One. I’m so pissed at the NCAA right now. 

Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch by Avery after their tourney bounce to make comments about how it was a difficult decision for Sexton to declare for the draft.

26 minutes ago, tigeraddikt said:

Yeah, I thought it was a nice touch by Avery after their tourney bounce to make comments about how it was a difficult decision for Sexton to declare for the draft.

I just hope this calls into question all the one day uat investigations from past years. 

I am mad because we could've gone to the Sweet 16 and possibly beyond with a full squad last year.

Not mad that even with all of the BS we have an SEC championship that has no chance to be vacated.

7 hours ago, Tiger said:

I am mad because we could've gone to the Sweet 16 and possibly beyond with a full squad last year.

Not mad that even with all of the BS we have an SEC championship that has no chance to be vacated.

I’m mad because uat got their year with their star and AU didn’t. Just becuase AU was honest with the NCAA and uat covered their violation up with a one day investigation. It’s typical and it’s been going on for years and the NCAA has no balls when it comes to uat for some reason. 

1 hour ago, jared52 said:

I’m mad because uat got their year with their star and AU didn’t. Just becuase AU was honest with the NCAA and uat covered their violation up with a one day investigation. It’s typical and it’s been going on for years and the NCAA has no balls when it comes to uat for some reason. 

No disagreements here. It sucks but I'm glad Wiley is around for this year. It would've really killed us if he left. 

I'm hoping we see Wiley put up 30 and 15 on Bama. Twice. 

16 hours ago, jared52 said:

I'd rather be in our situation this year with our team than theirs.  We are poised for something special this year.

16 hours ago, jared52 said:

This is brand new information though. It’s possible the investigation was only involving the dinner. Like others said, we have a banner that cannot be taken down.

2 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

This is brand new information though. It’s possible the investigation was only involving the dinner. Like others said, we have a banner that cannot be taken down. 

That's my point, they simply made it about the dinner, closed their investigation and played in the semis of the SEC tournament, and made the NCAA tournament when they should have been sitting at home in March. It doesn't diminish what AU did, it actually enhances is because they won the SEC without 2 starters, but it sucks that once again, uat squirms its way around the NCAA while AU gets the colonoscopy.

5 minutes ago, jared52 said:

That's my point, they simply made it about the dinner, closed their investigation and played in the semis of the SEC tournament, and made the NCAA tournament when they should have been sitting at home in March. 

True. Regardless, those wins will be vacated.

7 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

True. Regardless, those wins will be vacated. 

Win totals only matter to SIDs, they got the experience (fans and the team) which is all that matters.

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Win totals only matter to SIDs, they got the experience (fans and the team) which is all that matters.

It matters to me lol. The H2H losses to them don’t amount to much because their illegible player played and ours didn’t. If ours played, the results surely would have been different. 

Are you saying we should’ve put our heads in tbe sand and played our guys too?  

41 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

It matters to me lol. The H2H losses to them don’t amount to much because their illegible player played and ours didn’t. If ours played, the results surely would have been different. 

Are you saying we should’ve put our heads in tbe sand and played our guys too?  

I’ll answer on @jared52 behalf ... we want them screwed so far into the ground they are accused of deep well injection fracking ...

46 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

I’ll answer on @jared52 behalf ... we want them screwed so far into the ground they are accused of deep well injection fracking ...

Yep.

I am glad AU didn't play them and jeopardize what was a very fun season. I'm just talking about the way uat gets away with their "investigations" and the NCAA doesn't follow up.

14 minutes ago, jared52 said:

Yep.

I am glad AU didn't play them and jeopardize what was a very fun season. I'm just talking about the way uat gets away with their "investigations" and the NCAA doesn't follow up.

The NCAA cleared them of the dinner issue. I wouldn’t expect Auburn to needlessly dig deep trying to uncover the monkeyshines of our 5 stars to be honest. Auburn absolutely had to uncover everything in our situation though because Person was arrested.

• 2 weeks later...

looks like some DeSousa from Kansas will be ineligible until this is figured out. Would normally say that he'll be playing no time but this stuff will be hard to sweep under the rug and Kansas did suspend Billy Preston all of last year. So who knows.

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Not AU related. Stuff like this go in Non-AU Sports  section 64.

Semi-AU related since they are still caught in the mess and Person’s trial will be in Feb. 

1 minute ago, jared52 said:

Semi-AU related since they are still caught in the mess and Person’s trial will be in Feb. 

Person better keep his mouth shut and say “I plead guilty your honor, lock the door and throw away the key.”  I’d rather all of our dirty laundry not be aired out in the same manner as the recent trial. 

Archived