Things I Think I Saw: Auburn vs Southern Miss

JMR

12 hours ago, 2010champs said:

I know what I am talking about. I’ve actually coached football before. Have you?

ExcellentGlitteringAlaskajingle-max-1mb.

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Haha 2

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Not sure if serious... 

But ok thanks man...

It's nice when a new(Er) poster makes completely idiotic statement that really says ignore everything I've said or ever will say. 

Well done. You've done it. 

You say you've coached football? At what level? Pop Warner? Because saying this offense, under these circumstances (OL play) has ANY chance to be elite and saying you expect to finish 10-2, beat A&M, and one of Bama or UGA this season says you don't really know much about football. Our defense will keep us in every game not named Bama, but if things don't get worked out... And fast... We will be headed to the Birmingham bowl again... IF WE ARE LUCKY. 

@JMR great review. You aren't being negative when you tell it like it is. 

I’ve coached 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs and 110lbs football teams. Two of my teams made it to the “toys for tots” bowl. I’ve coached numerous kids who went on to make All County in high school. If I didn’t know anything about football, then I wouldn’t have the accolades that come with success as a coach now would I?

Save this post.....Auburn will put up over 35 on Saturday.

1 minute ago, 2010champs said:

I’ve coached 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs and 110lbs football teams. Two of my teams made it to the “toys for tots” bowl. I’ve coached numerous kids who went on to make All County in high school. If I didn’t know anything about football, then I wouldn’t have the accolades that come with success as a coach now would I?

tenor.gif?itemid=9311773

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, 2010champs said:

Did you really just say

"I’ve coached 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs and 110lbs football teams. Two of my teams made it to the “toys for tots” bowl. I’ve coached numerous kids who went on to make All County in high school. If I didn’t know anything about football, then I wouldn’t have the accolades that come with success as a coach now would I?"

So I was right. You coached Pop Warner. And you think your coaching had anything to do with those kids becoming all county in high school? When you last coached them at 110lbs max? Mmmmmk there Skippy. 

And I'm interested in what these "accolades" are you speak of. There aren't any coach of the year awards for Pop Warner Jr football.  But sure. Keep on wallowing in them there Pop Warner "accolades."

And Auburn may put up 35 this week. They put up what 31 on Washington? Washington that is a much better team than Moo State... So that's not some hot take. There is probably no way we score that many, but we have a hell of a defense. We could score 35 if the defense scores twice. But as far as saving the post, I'll remember it. Let's talk after we play UGA and/or Bama. 

Auburn always beats up on the have nots. It's when we go up against teams with equal or superior talent where we struggle. And Moo State isn't on par talent wise. LSU is. How did that work? Did we beat LSU or did we give up a double digit lead to lose to them twice in a row or lose 7 of the last 10 to them? What about UGA? Do we routinely beat them? Nope we are 2-8 over the last 10. What about Bama? Do we routinely beat them? Like LSU we are 3-7 in the last 10.

Auburn always beats inferior teams (save for bowl games under Gus.) When we put up 35 on UGA or Bama let's talk... 

Edited by Auburn2Eugene

22 minutes ago, 2010champs said:

GargantuanPointedAustraliankelpie-small.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Did you really just say

"I’ve coached 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs and 110lbs football teams. Two of my teams made it to the “toys for tots” bowl. I’ve coached numerous kids who went on to make All County in high school. If I didn’t know anything about football, then I wouldn’t have the accolades that come with success as a coach now would I?"

So I was right. You coached Pop Warner. And you think your coaching had anything to do with those kids becoming all county in high school? When you last coached them at 110lbs max? Mmmmmk there Skippy. 

And I'm interested in what these "accolades" are you speak of. There aren't any coach of the year awards for Pop Warner Jr football.  But sure. Keep on wallowing in them there Pop Warner "accolades."

And Auburn may put up 35 this week. They put up what 31 on Washington? Washington that is a much better team than Moo State... So that's not some hot take. There is probably no way we score that many, but we have a hell of a defense. We could score 35 if the defense scores twice. But as far as saving the post, I'll remember it. Let's talk after we play UGA and/or Bama. 

Auburn always beats up on the have nots. It's when we go up against teams with equal or superior talent where we struggle. And Moo State isn't on par talent wise. LSU is. How did that work? Did we beat LSU or did we give up a double digit lead to lose to them twice in a row or lose 7 of the last 10 to them? What about UGA? Do we routinely beat them? Nope we are 2-8 over the last 10. What about Bama? Do we routinely beat them? Like LSU we are 3-7 in the last 10.

Auburn always beats inferior teams (save for bowl games under Gus.) When we put up 35 on UGA or Bama let's talk... 

You seem jealous. You think it’s easy to coach kids to a championship? It’s harder to coach 10 year olds than it is 15/16/17 year olds. I’m also the president of the QB club at my sons high school. I know what I am talking about!

Edited by 2010champs

1 minute ago, 2010champs said:

You seem jealous. You think it’s easy to coach kids to a championship? It’s harder to coach 10 year olds than it is 15/16/17 year olds. I’m also te president of the QB club at my sons high school. I know what I am talking about!

Yeah I'm jealous of your Pop Warner success. That's it. 

UnitedIlliterateAlbacoretuna-small.gif

So, uh.. @JMR - do you think we need to mix up the o-line more or stick with what we have (barring injuries keeping our guys off the field)? We had issues against Washington but it seemed like that o-line was at least more consistent than the one we're trying to work with now. Or maybe it was just that the confidence level then was higher then than it is now?

6 minutes ago, 2010champs said:

You seem jealous. You think it’s easy to coach kids to a championship? It’s harder to coach 10 year olds than it is 15/16/17 year olds. I’m also the president of the QB club at my sons high school. I know what I am talking about!

giphy.gif

12 minutes ago, 2010champs said:

🙄😐😆😂🤣😅🤣😅

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I’ve stayed off the board mostly but this is entertaining.......

Well, it IS coming from the person who said he expects a 10-2 record and that this offense will turn out elite this season. 

He is good for some laughs apparently. 

11 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Well, it IS coming from the person who said he expects a 10-2 record and that this offense will turn out elite this season. 

He is good for some laughs apparently. 

I would LOVE to think he is right but I’m not feelin’ it.  

1 hour ago, Linayus said:

So, uh.. @JMR - do you think we need to mix up the o-line more or stick with what we have (barring injuries keeping our guys off the field)? We had issues against Washington but it seemed like that o-line was at least more consistent than the one we're trying to work with now. Or maybe it was just that the confidence level then was higher then than it is now?

I don't think there is much "switching around" to be done, assuming Driscoll and Tega are able to play this week. Of the three guys who came in late last week, only Ashley looked like he has a chance of being effective. I think (barring injuries) we will go the rest of the way with the group that started the Southern Miss game.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2010champs said:

I’m also the president of the QB club at my sons high school. I know what I am talking about!

God be with your son's high school coaches.:(

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

God be with your son's high school coaches.:(

You become numb to the noise.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

You become numb to the noise.

Either it's A4E's alter-ego or it's a troll job slowly building until bammer week the Avi changes to a picture of dead trees and he says "surprise, it's Al from Dadeville".

Nobody shows up during the worst offensive showing of Gus' career all GusBus and 10-2....

Sorry, I try to be nice but this cat's fishy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

I’ve stayed off the board mostly but this is entertaining.......

I feel like I need a cigarette and a bourbon right now.  That was amazing.

there seem to be a lot of troll types on the board lately and it seems they all wandered in close to the same time. anyone else thinking the same? and they all seem to be itching to blast the sunshine pumpers butmaybe it is my mental illness kicking in. and who was the cat that posted the "demise threads" twice only to get deleted. he came with them i believe. is anyone allowed to see this cats name?i was gonna bookmark it but it was gone before i could read the first two posts in his second thread.

14 minutes ago, JMR said:

I don't think there is much "switching around" to be done, assuming Driscoll and Tega are able to play this week. Of the three guys who came in late last week, only Ashley looked like he has a chance of being effective. I think (barring injuries) we will go the rest of the way with the group that started the Southern Miss game.

Thanks coach.  I’ve been assuming all along the coaching staff was putting the guys out there who they thought gave us the best chance to win.  It’s just troubling to see how poorly they are playing right now.   I thought there would be an adjustment period with as much talent as we lost from last year but I never thought it would look this bad, especially when some of the experienced guys we thought would be solid are screwing up.  I would like to see Ashley get a chance if Driscoll can’t go.  It looked like he maybe had the worst injury.  And sorry to see your thread hijacked by the pissing contest.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

there seem to be a lot of troll types on the board lately and it seems they all wandered in close to the same time. anyone else thinking the same? and they all seem to be itching to blast the sunshine pumpers butmaybe it is my mental illness kicking in. and who was the cat that posted the "demise threads" twice only to get deleted. he came with them i believe. is anyone allowed to see this cats name?i was gonna bookmark it but it was gone before i could read the first two posts in his second thread.

Don’t think you are imagining it. About five started posting at the same time. Sounds a bit orchestrated. I would hope people have better things to do. But not sure anything but ignoring them is an appropriate action.

• Like 1

On 10/2/2018 at 10:10 PM, JMR said:

Neither Bailey Sharp nor Austin Troxell is ready to play at this point

They were flat out awful. Troxell looked completely lost out there. several times the defender just ran right around him barely touched.

48 minutes ago, shabby said:

They were flat out awful. Troxell looked completely lost out there. several times the defender just ran right around him barely touched.

Well, that is one way to put it. 😁

• Haha 1