Things I Think I Saw: Auburn vs Southern Miss

JMR

1 hour ago, BJCrawford said:

Don’t think you are imagining it. About five started posting at the same time. Sounds a bit orchestrated. I would hope people have better things to do. But not sure anything but ignoring them is an appropriate action.

Probably Kevin Durant and his burner accounts at it again...

• Haha 1

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Either it's A4E's alter-ego or it's a troll job slowly building until bammer week the Avi changes to a picture of dead trees and he says "surprise, it's Al from Dadeville".

Nobody shows up during the worst offensive showing of Gus' career all GusBus and 10-2....

Sorry, I try to be nice but this cat's fishy.

several are fishy and one cat was talking about gus' "demise". i thought it was his coaching but i am not sure if he was saying he wanted gus to drop dead or something. if it was the later it was pretty bad and i am ashamed thee are auburn fans out there that think like that. and i understand people getting angry but good grief.

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

several are fishy and one cat was talking about gus' "demise". i thought it was his coaching but i am not sure if he was saying he wanted gus to drop dead or something. if it was the later it was pretty bad and i am ashamed thee are auburn fans out there that think like that. and i understand people getting angry but good grief.

Not sure I've seen that one but one I could've sworn was Viper until I actually saw him apologize to another poster, so definitely NOT him, haha. 

A couple are actually bringing decent content but a couple have just been...."what? No.".

Oh well, I just know that even though I have not personally met any of the AUFamily members, I feel like SO many of you have become family and so supportive.  Even the ones that disagree vehemently, it's like that uncle and nephew who just have fundamental differences.  That makes discussion so much better because there's personal respect and understanding. 

Just don't want it to suddenly feel like the Rant or that weird UDub forum that we were pointed to before that game where it's just a bunch of ranting and out weirding each other.

I love AUFamily and War Eagle!  ..and sorry for totally derailing the thread.

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

there seem to be a lot of troll types on the board lately and it seems they all wandered in close to the same time. anyone else thinking the same? and they all seem to be itching to blast the sunshine pumpers butmaybe it is my mental illness kicking in. and who was the cat that posted the "demise threads" twice only to get deleted. he came with them i believe. is anyone allowed to see this cats name?i was gonna bookmark it but it was gone before i could read the first two posts in his second thread.

No, not just your imagination. There have been a handful from another site/forum. Some, are pretty cool and make worthwhile posts; while some enjoy a troll or two!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Not sure I've seen that one but one I could've sworn was Viper until I actually saw him apologize to another poster, so definitely NOT him, haha. 

A couple are actually bringing decent content but a couple have just been...."what? No.".

Oh well, I just know that even though I have not personally met any of the AUFamily members, I feel like SO many of you have become family and so supportive.  Even the ones that disagree vehemently, it's like that uncle and nephew who just have fundamental differences.  That makes discussion so much better because there's personal respect and understanding. 

Just don't want it to suddenly feel like the Rant or that weird UDub forum that we were pointed to before that game where it's just a bunch of ranting and out weirding each other.

I love AUFamily and War Eagle!  ..and sorry for totally derailing the thread.

I thought one sounded like WDE lol. 

• Haha 1

s easy as it is to point to the offensive line as the key to all our offensive woes, it’s becoming clear as time goes by that we have no running backs who can pass protect. Kam Martin is apparently too small, and Boobee Whitlow got bowled over backwards on the TD pass to Seth Williams.  Fortunately, that was one of the plays where Stidham chose to deliver the ball and take the hit. Malik Millerlooked like he was on the way to becoming our third down running back because of his ability to pass protect, then he got run over for a sack. Miller is big enough to do that job, but he will need to be coached up on not taking a play off.

JMR- I know that K-Mart might be small, but there were a couple instances of him standing in there to pass protect where he was willing to stand in there and while it was a mighty crash, he did slow them down. I will take willingness any day over  just moving out of the way like Miller did later in the game. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, 2010champs said:

I’ve coached 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs and 110lbs football teams. Two of my teams made it to the “toys for tots” bowl. I’ve coached numerous kids who went on to make All County in high school. If I didn’t know anything about football, then I wouldn’t have the accolades that come with success as a coach now would I?

Save this post.....Auburn will put up over 35 on Saturday.

dwithShrute.gif

Edited by thrustmaxwell

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

This would get us out of his contract?

That 2010 guy is just having fun with you.  Rattling off the various Pop Warner classes, use of the term “accolades” in relation to said Pop Warner coaching experience, , chairman of son’s HS QB club? That’s actually pretty good stuff!!!   You guys are smarter than that!  He Googled the creed.....repeated it.  

IT MUST BE SAID——-We have all seen offensive lines gel midseason at Auburn so while it seems REMARKABLY HIGHLY unlikely, statistically it is still possible. Solid blocking and we are a different team. 

"No, he is absolutely not “seeing the field”, and once again failed to see some open receivers."

how do you fix that? 

that's the most troubling thing you said

1 hour ago, AUMASTERS said:

JMR- I know that K-Mart might be small, but there were a couple instances of him standing in there to pass protect where he was willing to stand in there and while it was a mighty crash, he did slow them down. I will take willingness any day over  just moving out of the way like Miller did later in the game. 

I also saw him attempt to cut the blitzing LB a few times. He was successful once or twice and but failed another time or two.

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I also saw him attempt to cut the blitzing LB a few times. He was successful once or twice and but failed another time or two.

Gotta adjust the aim to hit "between the horns" and not at the knees as they used to say.:D

15 hours ago, thrustmaxwell said:

This would get us out of his contract?

you tell me.

On 10/2/2018 at 9:14 PM, L I G E R said:

JMR:  Can I get your honest thoughts on JB Grimes as an all-around OL coach?

I personally think he’s the best “technician” in the country and a better than average recruiter who should have our OL whipped into shape within the next 4-5 years.  

IMO, our current situation is 100% Herb Hand’s fault and has nothing to do with JBG’s first tenure at AU.

What do you think you see?

You don't win races without horses. So far the corral seems to be on the bare side.

2 minutes ago, milehighfan said:

You don't win races without horses. So far the corral seems to be on the bare side.

Are you sure Liger is not being a tad bit facetious? His other posts would indicate this is the case😬

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Are you sure Liger is not being a tad bit facetious? His other posts would indicate this is the case😬

Juuuuust a tad bit...

7GKccN.gif

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, milehighfan said:

We definitely need a better horse trader.

On 10/2/2018 at 10:08 PM, 2010champs said:

I do love Auburn, probably too much at times. I’ve got a feeling we are gonna finish 10-2 this year. This offense has the potential to be elite.

How's that feeling, uh... feeling now, Coach?

• Haha 1

On 10/4/2018 at 8:41 AM, 2010champs said:

I’ve coached 70lbs, 80lbs, 90lbs, 100lbs and 110lbs football teams. Two of my teams made it to the “toys for tots” bowl. I’ve coached numerous kids who went on to make All County in high school. If I didn’t know anything about football, then I wouldn’t have the accolades that come with success as a coach now would I?

Save this post.....Auburn will put up over 35 on Saturday.

.... Just gonna drop this off.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, The Freak said:

How's that feeling, uh... feeling now, Coach?

I feel great! Vegas agreed with me and has us as an 18.5 point fav against another SEC foe. The refs screwed us last night. 

2 hours ago, 2010champs said:

The refs screwed is out of a bunch of points. Obviously you don’t know what you are watching. 

Sure, that's it. I have no idea what I'm watching. The same thing for all of the other 100's of posters who are saying the same exact thing. If you can't see that there are major issues with this team and this offense then you are in denial.