Null



Zeek

Top 10 AU Running Backs

2nd Best AU Running Back of All Time  

39 members have voted

  1. 1. Who was the Auburn GOAT at Running Back

    • Carnell Williams
      6
    • James Brooks
      1
    • Joe Cribbs
      0
    • Ben Tate
      0
    • Tre Mason
      4
    • Stephen Davis
      2
    • Brent Fullwood
      7
    • Ronnie Brown
      2
    • Onterio McCalebb
      0
    • Cameron Artis-Payne
      0
    • Other
      6


Recommended Posts

Let's have a fun thread for a minute, shall we?

Who are your top 10 Running Backs of all time that played for us? I'm including a poll for the #1 spot.

1. Bo Jackson

BoJackson1.jpg

2. Tre Mason

tremason2.jpg

3. Carnell Williams

carnellwilliams3.jpg

4. Joe Cribbs

joecribbs.jpg

5. Kerryon Johnson

kerryonjohnson.jpg

6. Ronnie Brown

ronniebrown.jpg

 

7. James Brooks

jamesbrooks.jpg

8. Ben Tate

bentate.jpg

9. Rudi Johnson

rudijohnson.jpg

10. Stephen Davis

stephendavis.jpg

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites




I don't know if Bo will ever be replaced as Auburn's GOAT at RB. But, it could happen.. Cam's a good example of that once in a lifetime athlete that comes in and destroys our perception of greatness at a particular position.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ben Tate would not make my list and somehow I would need to have Tucker Fredrickson, Brent Fullwood and Lionel James in there somewhere. It could be top 12 for me

1. Bo

2. James Brooks

3. Carnell

4. Tucker Fredrickson

5. Ronnie Brwon

6. Joe Cribbs

7. Brent Fullwood

8. Kerryon

9. Tre

10. Stephen Davis

11. Lionel James

12. Rudy

Edited by 80Tiger
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The older guys will want you to change the OP to "since the 70's" I'm sure. Also you cannot leave Brent Fullwood off the list.

Edited by AUsince72
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It would be a good poll if you were to remove Bo and just make it a race for 2nd and below.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've said it on here numerous times. now numerous times +1.

Pound for pound, James Brooks is the best tailback to play for Auburn.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, bigbird said:

It would be a good poll if you were to remove Bo and just make it a race for 2nd and below.

Done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Greatest ability or most accomplished production wise?

Either way just personal lists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dang @Zeek that list is kind of like looking at a Baskin Robbins menu board. So many great ones to choose from along with a couple I would never select. I picked Bo but I loved watching Ronnie Brown too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

Previous topic.

https://www.aufamily.com/forums/topic/156908-other-than-bo-jackson-who-is-aus-no-1-rb/?tab=comments#comment-2670970

Won't let me post unless it's as a link.  Getting 403 forbidden error when I do the other way showing the post.

Stat vindicating my feelings about Brent Fullwood. 😁

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

I didnt watch much Stephen Davis and older. But Ronnie Brown was my favorite back.

My favorite three to watch were Kenny Irons, Cadillac Williams, and Tre Mason!

Michael Dyer was exciting to watch...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't really rate those I never got to watch. So for me, it goes...

 

Fullwood

Irons

Brown

Mason

Caddy

Bostic

Davis

McCalleb

Danley

Tate

 

My favorite behind Bo is Kenny Irons, but Fullwood was a better back.  Similar styles, but Fullwood had that next gear.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looking at those pictures/names makes me pretty sad for our current situation at the position. What I wouldn’t give to have the “lowest” guy on that list toting the rock for us right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, chimes said:

Looking at those pictures/names makes me pretty sad for our current situation at the position. What I wouldn’t give to have the “lowest” guy on that list toting the rock for us right now.

It always blows my mind realizing we had Rudi, Caddie, Ronnie, Kenny, Brandon Jacobs come through over such a short time span.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Can't really rate those I never got to watch. So for me, it goes...

 

Fullwood

Irons

Brown

Mason

Caddy

Bostic

Davis

McCalleb

Danley

Tate

 

My favorite behind Bo is Kenny Irons, but Fullwood was a better back.  Similar styles, but Fullwood had that next gear.

If you take all of the personal bias away Brent Fullwood was the best back Auburn has had behind BO and it isn't close.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

It always blows my mind realizing we had Rudi, Caddie, Ronnie, Kenny, Brandon Jacobs come through over such a short time span.

Bo & Little Train, then Bo & Brent (& don't forget Tommy Agee) were in the same backfields as was Joe Cribbs, James Brooks & William Andrews...

Auburn WAS RBU for real at one time...

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Zeek said:
1 hour ago, bigbird said:

It would be a good poll if you were to remove Bo and just make it a race for 2nd and below.

Done

Zeek, since you removed Bo, those who already voted for Bo can't re-vote.  Can this be fixed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

was it brent fullwood that could barely read when he left auburn?

Brooks, allegedly

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe we have had 4 elite rb's at Auburn. 1. Bo because he's Bo. 2. Kenny Irons (any rb who can call his own shot like he did at LSU that night; told everybody on nat'l tv before the game he was going to hang 200 on LSU, then actually accomplished it has some serious stones) 3. Kerrion bc he just accomplished so much with so little to work with and he was coached by Gus. Imagine if he had played when Tubberville was here and Gran had coached him. 4. Fullwood was also awesome, just got overshadowed by Bo most of the time.

Not far behind them would be Bostic, Mason, Caddy and Brown.

I thought Steven Davis underachieved in his time here bc he didn't give it 100% on all of his runs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, ArgoEagle said:

I believe we have had 4 elite rb's at Auburn. 1. Bo because he's Bo. 2. Kenny Irons (any rb who can call his own shot like he did at LSU that night; told everybody on nat'l tv before the game he was going to hang 200 on LSU, then actually accomplished it has some serious stones) 3. Kerrion bc he just accomplished so much with so little to work with and he was coached by Gus. Imagine if he had played when Tubberville was here and Gran had coached him. 4. Fullwood was also awesome, just got overshadowed by Bo most of the time.

Not far behind them would be Bostic, Mason, Caddy and Brown.

I thought Steven Davis underachieved in his time here bc he didn't give it 100% on all of his runs.

That was always my thought on Stephen Davis.  He took a lot of plays off and for a big guy often went down too easy.  I like him, don't get me wrong, but he did underachieve a bit IMO too.

...and Bostic gets overlooked unfortunately because nobody saw his best season "live" unless they bought a ticket.  But he was a FORCE in 1993.  One of my favorite Jim Fyffe calls of all time was his long IB run to basically seal the win.  The most passionate "TOOOUUCCCHHDOWN AUUUUUUUUUBUUUUUUURRRRRNNN" ever!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Couldn't find good Auburn highlights for Caddie but man I loved his running style. He's the reason I played RB in high school! Dudes legs always kept churning and he just looked like he ran with pure effort.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1-h9rMN4ZU

I can't share videos for some reason right now

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now