Nick Saban rips Alabama students for not showing up

AFTiger

16 minutes ago, SumterAubie said:

I used to watch bamr games in hopes of an upset. But no longer.

Exactly.  Outside of the IB, I wouldn't watch them if they played in my backyard.

11 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

I would actually like to have that kind of boring for Auburn for a while😬

like 3 to 2 boring?   Just wait for this weekend.

Wah. Just reduce the size of the student section and sell more cheap tickets to the 8th grade, sidewalk, teeth challenged alumni.

Have to laugh at this. Things Saban just has to accept:

As people have said Alabama games are boring. They have amassed so much talent that they have almost no competition. That has had an impact on the conference as a whole. I hardly watch any of the SEC games outside of Auburn anymore because of it. Watch more Big 12 now and have been going to Texas games.

Why would a student that probably was out till 2 or 4 AM the night before want to go to a game at 11am that will be 40-0 in about 20 minutes in 98 degree temps.

Saban also needs to accept that since Alabama has become concerned with being a national school that all those out of state people didn't come to Alabama for the football program. They came for a decent education, a better climate, and lower costs. Many of those tradition people he is referring to either are not going to college, or they are getting turned away for out of state individuals.

Wonder when the last time Nick went out and consistently supported the academic clubs at the University of Alabama. Without those students he wouldn't have a school, program, or job.

33 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Wonder when the last time Nick went out and consistently supported the academic clubs at the University of Alabama. Without those students he wouldn't have a school, program, or job.

Curious, would those clubs/students be there if Alabama hadn't hired Nick Saban?  Don't really have an opinion, but I could see both sides there.

Couldn't the legislature allow Bammer fans to use food stamps/unpaid child support funds to buy tickets?  That would guarantee sellouts every week.

1 hour ago, oracle79 said:

Curious, would those clubs/students be there if Alabama hadn't hired Nick Saban?  Don't really have an opinion, but I could see both sides there.

Couldn't the legislature allow Bammer fans to use food stamps/unpaid child support funds to buy tickets?  That would guarantee sellouts every week.

Well they have been a university since 1831.

Do we think that Nick is telling his players that they need to attend at least one of every show that the UA Theatre and Dance Company puts on? They have been doing shows since 1907.

Now if you want to say that Saban has helped with the recruitment of students out of state, then I would say yes his program has. It also has alot to do with the honors program money they are tossing out also to out of state students.

Which I guess you could then argue that it has turned the University of Alabama from its Mission and Vision.

The University of Alabama will advance the intellectual and social condition of the people of the state, the nation and the world through the creation, translation and dissemination of knowledge with an emphasis on quality programs in the areas of teaching, research and service.

The University of Alabama will be known as the university of choice for the best and brightest students in Alabama, and all students who seek exceptional educational opportunities. The University of Alabama will be a student-centered research university and an academic community united in its commitment to enhance the quality of life for all Alabamians and the citizens of the nation and the world.

https://www.ua.edu/about/mission

The state and it's people have now become second hand to others.

Would your measure allow enough for travel? Or would we have to also use special bus rates so these people could get to Tuscaloosa? Plus there potentially would have to be more expense put into special map classes for those able to travel on their own.

I don’t watch unless there’s a chance they could lose. There’s not much of that. It’s boring and sucks. Then you have to hear him scold students for leaving early or not showing up or god forbid a sports journalist ask a question he doesn’t want to answer. He goes all a**hole. Piss on the little gnome. 

21 hours ago, AFTiger said:

https://www.wvtm13.com/article/nick-saban-rips-alabama-students-for-not-showing-up/23588097

I have had some bammer fans describe the games as boring. The excitement in sports is the possibility of losing.

No way their bored. Clearly there is an air of excitement in the stands. 

CONFUSED-ALABAMA-FAN.gif

Do yall think Satan, I mean Saban, would walk behind a little old lady with a cane crossing the street and critique the way she uses the cane and yell your execution is terrible!! at her? I do. He has a God complex plain and simple.

the god of saban is unhappy with his servants, must worship him and uat football 24/7.

The football factory that just happens to have a glorified junior college attached.

Their games are boring as hell, and now that the offense is superior to the defense the score is out of reach by half time.  Hung over students aren't sweating their balls off in the stands to watch a beat down where Saban's pushing out the #3-4 RB/#3 QB and the 2nd & 3rd string oline to give them reps.  His #1 Qb has yet to play an entire game start to finish.  

They're not showing up because they spent all of their trailer rent going to the first two games. Oh but they're watching....

They're just huddled around the computer at the local library.

As for the students... They're somewhere passing out right now :puke: while their frat brother or sister is yelling at them to wake up.... "Coach Saban said we need to be there tomorrow. "

On ‎10‎/‎4‎/‎2018 at 11:19 AM, SumterAubie said:

I used to watch bamr games in hopes of an upset. But no longer.

You just give me an idea of how to stop bammer in their tracks............20 plus years ago a major food distributer's truck driver used to bring us football sheets........anytime I bet on a hot team.......their season turned to mush.........I just need to bet on bammer gameover...........damn shame my rotary land line doesnt have speed dial.........it does however have a curly cord that will stretch 2 towns over😆

Sorta like playing a video game on "god mode".  Sure cheating makes it real easy and you never have to sweat the outcome......but also gets boring real fast too.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:36 AM, gr82be said:

No way their bored. Clearly there is an air of excitement in the stands. 

CONFUSED-ALABAMA-FAN.gif

Probably  reaction to being penalized which is rare.........last week watched tackle out of endzone.....more like a slam......any other teams player would have been ejected.

On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 8:48 AM, ArgoEagle said:

Do yall think Satan, I mean Saban, would walk behind a little old lady with a cane crossing the street and critique the way she uses the cane and yell your execution is terrible!! at her? I do. He has a God complex plain and simple.

Ehhhhhh.........what's he to do.......being told your too short for the roller coaster at 6 Flags makes most little kids angry.......especially one nearing 70 yrs old😆........oh and needing a stool to reach the Little Debbies only makes it worse.

I don't blame him. He's built the greatest dynasty in CFB history and the students don't show up for it. Do I blame them for missing the Sunbelt games? Not really, but they should be there for the conference slate. 

When I started watching football in 2006 I would always make sure to watch both Alabama & Auburn's games....This year I do not even think I have watched a full Alabama game. I watched Texas/Oklahoma this morning, didn't even bother watching Alabama (plus ESPN had camera issues).

I had this exact converstion with a friend last week. I asked him as a Bammer if it was fun watching games anymore. Saban has literally sucked all the excitment out of football in Tuscaloosa. No edge of your seat thrillers, no COLLEGE football atmosphere. The games are over in the 2nd quarter then all thats left is a drawn out boring ass game. I can honestly say hes runing college football for me in general. No one competes with them. They win every year. Its just old......

Archived