Hastings Out for year

LKEEL75

link

Jarrett Stidham won't have one of his favorite targets in the Auburn passing game for the rest of the season.

Senior wide receiver Will Hastings underwent surgery Thursday and will miss the rest of the year and redshirt, sources told AL.com.

Hastings, who got back in less than six months from the ACL injury he suffered in March, suffered a setback with the knee in mid-September.

He hadn't played since getting six snaps during the Tigers' loss to LSU Sept. 15.

Sucks, but I'm glad to have him another year (if he stays). This gives him plenty of time to recover and build up the strength and confidence again.

If I recall correctly, Jerry Rice did the same thing with the 49ers. Blew out his knee, came back too soon, blew out the recently reconstructed knee early in the season. Then he sat out the entire year got proper rehab and had another all pro year. Even with all of the medical advancements - nothing speeds up regrowth of ligamentous tissue. 

I predicted he would miss the entire season this spring. I wish I was still wrong. I hope Eli doesn’t go back into rehab/ surgery too. 

Will had a pretty rough collision the one play we threw to him on.  Heck Stove did as well.  Wonder if that was the setback.  Hope Stove can recover as well.  

8 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

There was no need whatsoever for either of them to try to play this year.  Makes me question whoever is making those decisions.

Probably the guy who’s paid $3,500/hr to manage our program’s personnel.

12 minutes ago, L I G E R said:

Probably the guy who’s paid $3,500/hr to manage our program’s personnel.

You mean the guy that gave the thumbs up to playing one-armed KJ in the SECCG and continue to play (literally) broken armed Sean White in the 2017 Sugar Bowl?  Noooooo......

I wish him the absolute best and hope he heals. I think he will come back next season imho.

I think I’ve already read that him and Stove we’re open to redshirting still. Nix to Hastings in the slot sounds good to me!

10 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I think I’ve already read that him and Stove we’re open to redshirting still. Nix to Hastings in the slot sounds good to me!

Wait, is Nix being hyped as a true freshman starter?  That would be a recipe for disaster...hell, that might mean you're right.

18 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Wait, is Nix being hyped as a true freshman starter?  That would be a recipe for disaster...hell, that might mean you're right.

Yeah he is. I don't see it. That's why I really hope we go after Kelly Bryant with all haste. 

Apparently the coach who doesn't know how to evaluate QB talent too well and never really makes his QBs better when they leave than when they got here thinks he is the most polished QB on the roster not named Stidham. Also apparently they expect him to waltz in and start as a true freshman. 

I didn't get the rush to get either of them back on the field. I hope Stove doesn't take another snap this season. 

Just another of a long list of head scratchers... 

6 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah he is. I don't see it. That's why I really hope we go after Kelly Bryant with all haste. 

Apparently the coach who doesn't know how to evaluate QB talent too well and never really makes his QBs better when they leave than when they got here thinks he is the most polished QB on the roster not named Stidham. Also apparently they expect him to waltz in and start as a true freshman. 

On a related note, I found a clip of Gus' future press conference announcing Nix as starter for 2019.  It even has the average Auburn fan's reaction.  Don't ask me how I got this, I know people.

chevyBurnItDown.gif

Just now, thrustmaxwell said:

On a related note, I found a clip of Gus' future press conference announcing Nix as starter.  It even has the average Auburn fan's reaction.  Don't ask me how I got this, I know people.

chevyBurnItDown.gif

And I'm the guy in the back with the white shirt saying... You serious Clark? 

4 hours ago, oracle79 said:

There was no need whatsoever for either of them to try to play this year.  Makes me question whoever is making those decisions.

probably the same guy who trotted out an undersized QB who can only play one speed with a broken arm against UGA IN Athens to save our season

So why did we just have to have Hastings back this year????? You guys really don't see the problems here?

I think Will was assuming JS will not return next year and pushed his recovery to finish his career without breaking in a new qb. I thought it was too soon. I don't blame coaches. I blame Dr.s and Will's family.

3 hours ago, cole256 said:

So why did we just have to have Hastings back this year????? You guys really don't see the problems here?

Hastings is one of Gus’s “Inner Circle” favorites, coming from his Arkansas buddy Kevin Kelly’s private school program.

If you’re unaware by now, Gus plays favorites, calls/designs plays specifically to go to those favorites, and is detrimental to the success of Auburn’s program because he’d rather play his FAVORITES, instead of building his offense around his most talented guys.

Thank God NCM got away from our dumBster fire.  He deserves better and will now have a chance at an NFL career.

Archived