Hastings Out for year

LKEEL75

12 hours ago, oracle79 said:

There was no need whatsoever for either of them to try to play this year.  Makes me question whoever is making those decisions.

Dr. James Andrews makes these decisions. He's only the most respected sports injury physician in the world.

8 hours ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Yeah he is. I don't see it. That's why I really hope we go after Kelly Bryant with all haste. 

Apparently the coach who doesn't know how to evaluate QB talent too well and never really makes his QBs better when they leave than when they got here thinks he is the most polished QB on the roster not named Stidham. Also apparently they expect him to waltz in and start as a true freshman. 

Regardless the forum will get a lot of posts out of this topic when the web competition goes all the way into the 5th game next year lol.

1 minute ago, Tarpleton said:

A "fast" recovery would be 9 months. Clearing him in 6 was idiotic. 

This is certainly the first time I've ever seen the world's premier sports doctor called idiotic. KUDOS, not everyone can achieve such greatness in just two posts.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

This is certainly the first time I've ever seen the world's premier sports doctor called idiotic. KUDOS, not everyone can achieve such greatness in just two posts.

I agree with your thoughts about James Andrews.  He was my ortho when I had a baseball injury in college.  He’s the very best in the business.

Which leads me to believe he left the decision up to Gus and Hastings.  And we all know great Gus’s decision-making is with regards to personnel, so...

1 minute ago, L I G E R said:

Which leads me to believe he left the decision up to Gus and Hastings.  And we all know great Gus’s decision-making is with regards to personnel, so..

That's not how it works. When Dr. Andrews says a player is cleared, the coaches are free to play him as they see fit. If Dr. Andrews doesn't clear the player, he can't play, period. Medical decisions are not left up to coaches.

Hastings is a great young man. Awesome kid and tremendous athlete. Best of luck on a speedy recovery. He will light up the sec. ext year 

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

LOL, you think Dr Andrews sees every one of our players. He doesn't even personally see a third of the professional players who come through his clinic  

9 minutes ago, Tarpleton said:

LOL, you think Dr Andrews sees every one of our players. He doesn't even personally see a third of the professional players who come through his clinic  

What I KNOW is that the coaches cannot use a player until Dr. Andrews or his staff clears that player. It's not up to the coaches to decide medical issues, Dr. Andrews and his staff do that. If they clear a guy, he's medically ready to go full speed. If they don't clear him the guy can't participate. End of story.

PS: Yes, Dr. Andrews sees all of Auburn's difficult cases. AU goes back to the very beginning with him, he got his start with AU athletes. We get priority with Dr. Andrews. You don't see him on the sidelines of NFL games, but he's on the sidelines of Auburn games. Does that tell you something?

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

What I KNOW is that the coaches cannot use a player until Dr. Andrews or his staff clears that player. It's not up to the coaches to decide medical issues, Dr. Andrews and his staff do that. If they clear a guy, he's medically ready to go full speed. If they don't clear him the guy can't participate. End of story.

That isn't entirely true either. It isn't always  black and white. Only thing that is true with would be concussions. Sometimes players face decisions like you can have surgery now or try and play through the season. In instances like that the staff tells the player the pros and cons of each and it is up to the player and his family. I had a player recently (we also use Andrews) who had an injury to his hand. There was a small risk that it could be further injured and the doctor actually said he wouldn't risk it because it could cause long-term arthritis at an early age, but the player didn't want to miss his senior year and his family decided to let him play. 

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

Dr. James Andrews makes these decisions. He's only the most respected sports injury physician in the world.

Apparently, it was the wrong decision for Hastings.  It's ok though.  Even the best in the world make a mistake sometimes.

1 minute ago, oracle79 said:

Apparently, it was the wrong decision for Hastings.  It's ok though.  Even the best in the world make a mistake sometimes.

Unless you have access to the detailed medical records, you have no idea if a mistake was made or not. It very well could be that had Hastings never been injured, he'd have been injured on this occasion.

2 hours ago, Tarpleton said:

Sometimes players face decisions like you can have surgery now or try and play through the season. In instances like that the staff tells the player the pros and cons of each and it is up to the player and his family.

That isn't done with potentially dangerous knee injuries. You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Unless you have access to the detailed medical records, you have no idea if a mistake was made or not. It very well could be that had Hastings never been injured, he'd have been injured on this occasion.

Sure it was probably just coincidence.  The 6 month early return from the torn ACL probably had nothing to do with it.:yes:

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That isn't done with potentially dangerous knee injuries. You're trying to compare apples to oranges.

LOL, keep doubling down on things you have no idea about and telling us that you "KNOW."

around4ever, your mostly likely correct. I'm sure Will is looking forward to moving on with his life since he is a senior.

i saw that and it is a smart move if you ask me. but i just hope he makes it back one hundred percent. just imagine the speed out receivers would have on the same side of the field. i will be pulling for him.

2 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

Mikey, you're my new BFF. I ran out of Loves for your posts.

Other dudes and dudettes: you really don't know what you're talking about here. 

You may not can say, but was it a specific incident in a game that caused the setback?

This is the state of the forum at the moment.  Some posters are now going after one of the most respected physicians in the world.  That just boggles my mind. 

2 ACL surgeries? That really sucks. Hopefully he heals and gets the strength training he needs. Same with Stove. No need to rush back

I heard this time they're wrapping the new ligament with crocadlian tissue and injecting jellyfish stem cells in the area and he could be back within 3 months.

17 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

Mikey, you're my new BFF. I ran out of Loves for your posts.

I feel odd agreeing with Mikey lately considering my overall opinion of Gussypants :D

Archived