Jump to content
Null


HAPPY GAMEDAY, TIGERS!!!


Recommended Posts





War Eagle!!

Not sure if it is hope, over-optimism, desire, sunshine pumping, or just premonition but somehow feels like this is a break away game and we play/look a lot better on offense.  Not sure it is a change and remains for the season, but at least for one game, we look like we all thought/hoped we would for this year.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

War Eagle! Not sure if it’s a good or bad thing that our game thread posters will have a lot of time to get liquids beforehand...

Let’s beat the muts in a non-dramatic fashion please.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

“Home.  Every time I come back, it’s a ‘War Eagle.’  It’s a ‘Go Tigers.’  It’s a glass of lemonade.  Rolling through College and Magnolia NEVER gets old.  Who I am is deeply rooted in this place I call home.  It’s a spirit.  It’s family.  It’s my home.  And once you have experienced it, you will never be the same.”

War Eagle!

Edited by abw0004
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, OnthePlains said:

I’m starting this Saturday with a renewed sense of hope...of course, I started last Saturday that way too but hey gotta stay positive right? War Eagle! 

Me to.  As much as I detest Gus, I always want our players to win when it comes down to it.  Plus my wife's a MooU grad, this game's important in our home.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Me to.  As much as I detest Gus, I always want our players to win when it comes down to it.  Plus my wife's a MooU grad, this game's important in our home.

Yeah dude you need a win tonight for sure. Don’t  need to hear that from her all year lol.

i think I’m win/win today. The wife and I have one of those rare no kids weekends and will be going out tonight during the game.  No kids, a little alcohol, a Saturday night...yeah even if we lose I’m gonna win...😁

Edited by OnthePlains
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

if the offense doesn’t get it going today then it’s not going to all year. Very important game. Excited but nervous. The truth about this team will be answered today. Good or bad. 

I kinda feel this way too. If somehow our line can hold up against a good moo state d line, then maybe that will be the corner turning moment.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

“I’ll say this, these guys ain’t got dat Dan Mullen feller anymores! We gone make this barnhouse brawl turn into a shed whoopin’! Long gone are the tight battles with the Moo Cows of Mississippi.” 

—Likely what my grandpa would have said about this game

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I kinda feel this way too. If somehow our line can hold up against a good moo state d line, then maybe that will be the corner turning moment.

Debatably might be the second best DL we see. If they can pull it together against this group we’ll be ready to go moving forward!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Zeek said:

Debatably might be the second best DL we see. If they can pull it together against this group we’ll be ready to go moving forward!

Agreed. We need to ask admin for extra likes on gamedays. I’m gonna run out well before the game starts lol.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah dude you need a win tonight for sure. Don’t  need to hear that from her all year lol.

i think I’m win/win today. The wife and I have one of those rare no kids weekends and will be going out tonight during the game.  No kids, a little alcohol, a Saturday night...yeah even if we lose I’m gonna win...😁

 

congrats-sex.gif

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Debatably might be the second best DL we see. If they can pull it together against this group we’ll be ready to go moving forward!

Yep.  I think there defense is being overlooked by a lot of folks.  They're not elite, but they're very good.

They're giving up 17 points, ~3 sacks/7 TFL, and 153 rushing yards/game against Power 5 teams so far this season. 

Also, they're 4th in the SEC in 3rd down conversion % (AU is 5th), 2nd in TD % in the RZ, and 3rd in Opponents 1st downs against Power 5 schools.

Edited by thrustmaxwell
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Yep.  I think there defense is being overlooked by a lot of folks.  They're not elite, but they're very good.

They're giving up 17 points, ~3 sacks/7 TFL, and 153 rushing yards/game against Power 5 teams so far this season. 

Also, they're 4th in the SEC in 3rd down conversion % (AU is 5th), 2nd in TD % in the RZ, and 3rd in Opponents 1st downs against Power 5 schools.

 

0F91CE01-9464-4E12-BE0E-A639A5C7159A.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Members Online

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...