For the Tom Herman Doubters

thrustmaxwell

The UT/OU game is on and I just saw one of the most beautiful drives I've seen in quite some time by UT.  The Red Zone play calling was just fantastic.

There defense is getting tested though, probably going to be a tight game.

https://www.foxsportsgo.com/event/458120/college-football-texas-vs-oklahoma

3 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

The UT/OU game is on and I just saw one of the most beautiful drives I've seen in quite some time by UT.  The Red Zone play calling was just fantastic.

There defense is getting tested though, probably going to be a tight game.

https://www.foxsportsgo.com/event/458120/college-football-texas-vs-oklahoma

Yeah but come on man, he’s no Gus...

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah but come on man, he’s no Gus...

Hey now, no negativity until kick-off.  It's GAME DAY.

UT takes the lead on the #7 ranked team in the country.  Man I love good football.

12 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Hey now, no negativity until kick-off.  It's GAME DAY.

UT takes the lead on the #7 ranked team in the country.  Man I love good football.

C17DCEA0-3477-4108-8C67-5F4D5C42B05F.jpeg

1 minute ago, gr82b4au said:

Texas looks good 

What looks even better is the offensive line...just blew em off the ball on that drive....get it done Herb Hand.

Herb's line at Auburn looked good at times too. Beat two number one teams in three weeks after all 😒

4 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

Herb's line at Auburn looked good at times too. Beat two number one teams in three weeks after all 😒

Sure did...but if you listen to some you would think he could not coach at all.

I'll never forget how we dominated Kyler Murray in 2015 at A&M. 

I still don't see him as that great of a QB. He's a good fit in the Big XII where they don't play defense. He's too small and doesn't have the arm strength that Mayfield has to take Oklahoma to the playoffs. Oklahoma losing their RB Rodney Anderson was a huge loss. Without him OU's not as balanced on offense. 

35 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

I'll never forget how we dominated Kyler Murray in 2015 at A&M. 

I still don't see him as that great of a QB. He's a good fit in the Big XII where they don't play defense. He's too small and doesn't have the arm strength that Mayfield has to take Oklahoma to the playoffs. Oklahoma losing their RB Rodney Anderson was a huge loss. Without him OU's not as balanced on offense. 

And their defense is awful....

• Tom Herman could have been coach when it looked like Malzahn was headed to Arkansas or somewhere else. But thanks to JJ, we're stuck with Malzahn after JJ signs Gus to 7 more years and $49 million.

4 hours ago, sevenlee36 said:

If a coach isn’t immediately successful the assumption is they never will be. Most fans only think short-term and don’t see the big picture.

To be fair. How could some of our fans not be?! Bowden, Eugene and Gus both had a undefeated or a miraculous turn around in year 1 or 2. I do agree with your post though. Coach K was very average at the start for duke as well...... Dabo was about to get fired before Tahj Boyd and Chad Morris saved him.

44 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:
  • Tom Herman could have been coach when it looked like Malzahn was headed to Arkansas or somewhere else. But thanks to JJ, we're stuck with Malzahn after JJ signs Gus to 7 more years and $49 million.

JJ did not sign Gus to that contract, I don’t understand why some people on this site refuse to comprehend that notion.  

JJ was packed up and all but out the damn door when Gus and Sexton were bending AU over a barrel and getting their way with the PTB/BOT/brand new President/big Donors.  JJ intentionally and strategically removed himself from the negotiations such as they were.

49 minutes ago, auburn4ever said:

lol Tom Herman was not leaving Texas for Auburn. Sorry just not happening.

Lol, this thread apparently ended before OU made a 21 point comeback in the 4th quarter.

Was plenty of questions about line play and play calling then. In fact despite the win all the Texas fans I know, and I was at a Texas watch party, are debating the play calling and glad that OU's third down D continued to be terrible.

And as mentioned above, no way in hell that Herman picks Auburn over Texas.

45 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Lol, this thread apparently ended before OU made a 21 point comeback in the 4th quarter.

Was plenty of questions about line play and play calling then. In fact despite the win all the Texas fans I know, and I was at a Texas watch party, are debating the play calling and glad that OU's third down D continued to be terrible.

And as mentioned above, no way in hell that Herman picks Auburn over Texas.

Based on your past posts with regards to the GF, I figured this was you earlier today.

Image result for rodney dangerfield hey everybody gif

5 hours ago, keesler said:

JJ did not sign Gus to that contract, I don’t understand why some people on this site refuse to comprehend that notion.  

JJ was packed up and all but out the damn door when Gus and Sexton were bending AU over a barrel and getting their way with the PTB/BOT/brand new President/big Donors.  JJ intentionally and strategically removed himself from the negotiations such as they were.

All the stars aligned for Gus and his deal and he played the situation for all its worth.........big deals like that should come with a huge penalty for not winning certain games or losing to LSU........similar to going over the mileage on your lease.........only much stiffer based on the amount of the contract........which in this case is huuuuge.

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Based on your past posts with regards to the GF, I figured this was you earlier today.

Gives BUSHwood a whole new meaning😆

11 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I will just say that I did miss the 1st quarter of the AU game lol.

Archived