Bama is good, but the calls they get are ridiculous

boisnumber1

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

An obvious bama fumble  overturned and the next play, a blatant hold ignored for a bama TD pass. It never changes. Arkansas cant get a decent call on their home field.

That Arky defensive end was straight up in the Cobra Clutch when Tua threw that TD pass... I'm almost certain this is the same crew from the LSU game...

3 minutes ago, JBiGGiE said:

That Arky defensive end was straight up in the Cobra Clutch when Tua threw that TD pass... I'm almost certain this is the same crew from the LSU game...

A ref doesnt miss that. He ignores it.

Its always been that way. I remember a certain spot in the 94 Iron Bowl that went their way that helped keep their unbeaten season alive...I will never get over that one.  Sanders had the first down...

37 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Its always been that way. I remember a certain spot in the 94 Iron Bowl that went their way that helped keep their unbeaten season alive...I will never get over that one.  Sanders had the first down...

Hallelujah! They moved the ball back a full 5ft. Sanders easily had that 1st down. 

15 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

Hallelujah! They moved the ball back a full 5ft. Sanders easily had that 1st down. 

Yep, I was much younger and much more vocal during games, made an ass out of myself on that one and threw some objects around...

56 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I was there and remember that game well. I have always said FS made the 1st down.

Also, there were a few calls in the ‘10 IB that we’re highly questionable.

Just now, wareagleguy said:

I was there and remember that game well. I have always said FS made the 1st down.

I’ve often wondered if Buster Brown would have gone for the two if we had scored on that drive...

Just now, OnthePlains said:

I’ve often wondered if Buster Brown would have gone for the two if we had scored on that drive...

I don’t know, possibly. That game was truly a game of two halves. We fell behind early and fought back. Of course, we had a bad taste in our mouth from the thuga game too.

I also remember TB letting a few punts go that he could have run up and caught, putting us in bad field position.

1 hour ago, JBiGGiE said:

BFFD2BD2-600A-4984-A8C4-844E50AF935D.jpeg

Just now, wareagleguy said:

I don’t know, possibly. That game was truly a game of two halves. We fell behind early and fought back. Of course, we had a bad taste in our mouth from the thuga game too.

I also remember TB letting a few punts go that he could have run up and caught, putting us in bad field position.

Yep, fell behind 21-0. Fought back and had that last drive going before that spot.  No guarantee we score but those 93 and 94 teams certainly had that late game magic.  I believe Bowden would have gone for the two because of what happened with thuga but who knows. He has probably answered that question at some point. 

1 minute ago, JBiGGiE said:

Sgt. Slaughter approves!

That’s not holding, it’s an act of kindness, he’s tripping over his own feet and the bammer lineman is keeping him from falling!

Their O is terrific, definitely. But at very least, their margin of victory over Arky wasn't that much more (3 points) than ours.

10 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

Arky had some good looks early, but squandered them

Morris pulled some plays out that I didn’t see in our game, and their oline looks to be improving too.

9 minutes ago, keesler said:

Morris pulled some plays out that I didn’t see in our game, and their oline looks to be improving too.

Yes, and dare I say it, but Arky hit big plays on outside, off-tackle runs AND hitting passes in the middle of the field! 

Shocking, I know.

3 hours ago, boisnumber1 said:

An obvious bama fumble  overturned and the next play, a blatant hold ignored for a bama TD pass. It never changes. Arkansas cant get a decent call on their home field.

You know I watched some of bammers highlights from last week .........opposing reciever scored and bammer defender a good 5 yards out of endzone slams him after td was called......all at the feet of an official mind you.........it was not momentum it was after he realizes reciever was in bounds........would have been most any other team would've been an ejection.

42 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Also, this Alabama defense is beatable. They have played nobody. I want to see Tua at LSU before I deem him Heisman. 

Tua has looked great, but he can stand back there forever, and his receivers dont have anyone within 5 yards of them. Certainly makes it easier on the QB.

40 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Tua has looked great, but he can stand back there forever, and his receivers dont have anyone within 5 yards of them. Certainly makes it easier on the QB.

Worst of it Tua wins the Heisman and next year the award will be bammers to loose for the next 5yrs.

Archived