Bama is good, but the calls they get are ridiculous

boisnumber1

59 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Tua has looked great, but he can stand back there forever, and his receivers dont have anyone within 5 yards of them. Certainly makes it easier on the QB.

Well yeah, takes everyone doing their job.  Their communication runs smoothly too, no meercating to the sideline before every dang snap.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am going to save you all the trouble. College football this year is like the NBA. It is a foregone conclusion that the warriors are about to 3 peat and bama is about to repeat. No need in fighting it any. Just accept it and it will hurt less when it happens. This is the best bama offense I have ever seen and it is not close. Thank God Tua only has 1 more year after this.

1 minute ago, GwillMac6 said:

I am going to save you all the trouble. College football this year is like the NBA. It is a foregone conclusion that the warriors are about to 3 peat and bama is about to repeat. No need in fighting it any. Just accept it and it will hurt less when it happens. This is the best bama offense I have ever seen and it is not close. Thank God Tua only has 1 more year after this.

They use a lot of weapons in that offense, and they have some random ass OC no one’s ever heard of running that thing.  WTH?

1 minute ago, keesler said:

They use a lot of weapons in that offense, and they have some random ass OC no one’s ever heard of running that thing.  WTH?

Yah, Both locksley and Tosh were only known as good recruiters before this season where Saban took a chance and promoted within instead of going out and hiring best available like he usually does. I know Tosh has never been a DC before. Locksley in title has been a OC before but never actually called the plays. So OF COURSE it works out beautifully for saban. Everything he touches turns to gold.

Cotton did get away with a hold on that one TD pass but Arky got away with plenty. They only had 2 penalties. The big outside runs were aided by holding. All you guys talk about is that bama gets away with holding. What about their opponents? In 2016, Bama's opponents were called for 2 offensive holding penalties. Seriously? Here is a good read by a Michigan guy on offensive holding in the Big Ten and beyond. I'm sure you guys will try to debunk it but oh well. 

https://mgoblog.com/diaries/offensive-holding-b1g-and-beyond-part-deux

I don't much care what bammer does. It has all been achieved because they are a cheating machine. 

Just like the dominance that USCw enjoyed in the past...it was all possible because USCw ignored the rules and did what they wanted until it became so blatant that the NCAA finally had to do something about it.  Emmert lacks the guts and ethics to deal with the little gnome in Turdtown but that doesn't change the truth. The bammers have a team of paid athletes who enjoy benefits that are impermissible to everyone else. 

I much prefer the story of UAB and their fabulous coach who is bringing a program back from the dead and winning games with less money than Hoover High. If you are looking for someone in the coaching profession to admire....start there. That's real coaching talent. Learn to recognize it.....

On 10/6/2018 at 1:31 PM, OnthePlains said:

Yep, fell behind 21-0. Fought back and had that last drive going before that spot.  No guarantee we score but those 93 and 94 teams certainly had that late game magic.  I believe Bowden would have gone for the two because of what happened with thuga but who knows. He has probably answered that question at some point. 

I did see an interview, article, or it might of been the review show.. but Bowden did say he would of gone for 2.

What got me was earlier in the year it was like the 2nd or 3rd game Bama played, can't remember the opponent, on a punt there was a really bad crack back block the Bama guy did.  Completely de-cleated the guy and while the guy was close to the play it was already past him.  I thought that's what part of the targeting was suppose to help clean up?  It was obviously seen by everyone because the announcers went on and on about how good of a block it was.  Showed it several times.  To me they should have at least thrown the flag to review it, but they didn't.

I have truly given up on watching football games now that involve Bama, especially when played at Bryant Denny.  I know that there are always going to be bad calls and missed calls, we all get that, but geez it's gotten to the point where the Bama games aren't even worth watching anymore.  The issues the entire College Football World outside of T-town has with Bama will not change until Saban is gone.  It's time for the Saban Era to end so that all schools are on the same playing field when it comes to officiating and recruiting (or at least close to the same playing field). 

On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 9:29 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

Cotton did get away with a hold on that one TD pass but Arky got away with plenty. They only had 2 penalties. The big outside runs were aided by holding. All you guys talk about is that bama gets away with holding. What about their opponents? In 2016, Bama's opponents were called for 2 offensive holding penalties. Seriously? Here is a good read by a Michigan guy on offensive holding in the Big Ten and beyond. I'm sure you guys will try to debunk it but oh well. 

Wow are YOU ever out of place. 

JMO. No SEC official should have an affiliation with a team in the league. End the madness.

On 10/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

E742D698-FBAA-4C90-A0F5-0C54EDA5D6AA.jpeg

On 10/16/2018 at 9:29 PM, AUFAN78 said:

JMO. No SEC official should have an affiliation with a team in the league. End the madness.

And especially the head of officials who does the “reviews” should not be a graduate of a school in the conference!

15 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

Who is Carville? Apparently he is claiming SEC collusion with Bama or something.

Used to be the lead strategist for the Bill Clinton campaign.   Made his name back in the day by avoiding scandal questions and talking circles around it with "charisma".  Also big LSU fan (& alum I assume), so his opinion "matters".

2 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Used to be the lead strategist for the Bill Clinton campaign.   Made his name back in the day by avoiding scandal questions and talking circles around it with "charisma".  Also big LSU fan (& alum I assume), so his opinion "matters".

Hmm. Wow. Wonder if he knows anything other than butthurt about tbe Devin White targeting call.

45 minutes ago, aujeff11 said:

Hmm. Wow. Wonder if he knows anything other than butthurt about tbe Devin White targeting call.

He was in with finebum yesterday. I actually watched the segment, which I hardly ever do, just to hear him rant and rave against uat. 

He accused the SEC commish’s office and uat of collusion! He also said the Commish should man up and over rule White’s first half suspension. I must say it was fairly entertaining! 

On 10/11/2018 at 9:56 AM, AU80cruiser said:

Third party influence for calls on the field? No way this is happening in the SEC this year right? I mean, it makes you wonder about all the calls going against Auburn this year if there isnt some outside influence.

http://-exclusive-document-shows-untrained-third-party-

I tried to click on the above site and it says "cannot be found", imagine that LOL. Never thought I would see college football get this corrupt but it has and why Emmeret is still head of the NCAA if beyond me. Hope I live long enough to see something done about all of this but I not betting the ranch on it.

WDE anyway!!

On 10/7/2018 at 8:29 PM, E'Town4Bama said:

I wouldn’t argue that holding for and against basically any team is fairly rampant. What gets me is the blatant holding that happens right in front of the umpire, or any other official, but does not get called. It seems this is the new norm.

Listening to sports radio today and the Alabama bias is being called out by more than just Auburn people now. There was talk about the head of officials and many in the sec office being Bama grads. (And I know some of it is bc they are good) but mark packerd said today that if any of it had any merit then the other 13 schools had to call it out. Just found it interesting.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This season, Alabama is the 5th most penalized team in the SEC.

Probably because by midway through the 2nd Qtr they're already able to play 2nd string and by the 3rd Qtr, the 3rd & 4th string so they're able to learn and make mistakes.

19 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

This season, Alabama is the 5th most penalized team in the SEC.

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/penalties-per-game. Where did you see that regarding Alabama? This shows them as the 4th least penalized team in the SEC. This is for all games behind LSU, Arkansas and Vandy. 

2 hours ago, gr82be said:

https://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/stat/penalties-per-game. Where did you see that regarding Alabama? This shows them as the 4th least penalized team in the SEC. This is for all games behind LSU, Arkansas and Vandy. 

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/team?stat=downs&sort=totalPenalties

Just what I saw here. 

Archived