GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Mississippi State

RunInRed

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

Gus Malzahn has indicated to Jay Jacobs that he's "perfectly happy" at Auburn and "wants to stay" on the Plains.

Auburn's outgoing athletic director addressed the ongoing rumors surrounding Malzahn and the open head coaching position at Arkansas following the Iron Bowl, which the Tigers won over Alabama 26-14.

"Gus and I, we haven't spoken about a new contract," Jacobs said. "We spoke about his future here and he's very happy here and I expect him to be here for quite some time. ... Gus and I will talk about (a new contract), but the way Gus is, he doesn't like to talk about things until everything is over.

"He'll be completely focused on playing Georgia again. When Gus is ready to talk about it, we'll talk about it. He knows; I've already mentioned it to him. He said he's perfectly happy here at Auburn and wants to stay here. We'll see how things go, it's a competitive business we're in and in order to stay in this business you got to be competitive. So we'll just see how it all unfolds."

Leath negotiated the contract. Jacobs not involved. 

Just now, gr82b4au said:

We have 79 yards. At half. 

That is good right?

Just the kind of year it is going to be and has been for us. Not suprised.

3 minutes ago, AU_Tiger_88 said:

Technically Chip is the QB coach last time I checked.  believe me, I don't have love for Gus and the play calling.  I am upset also but the misques happening in this game is execution which is on the players.

Chip is a pawn. He last coached a qb in 2016

Archived