GAME THREAD: Auburn vs Mississippi State

RunInRed

ol’ 49 got out-coached and out-classed by a first-year head coach... 

we couldve saved a lot of money and gotten a better coach had we hired moorhead...

we’re stuck with gus, guys.  get used to this s***.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

If someone isn’t fired over this and if Gus doesn’t show an ounce of being pissed the **** off I’m done with this season. Gus has made us a national ******* joke. 

No one is getting fired. We just gave him a contract extension! 🤦‍♂️

1 minute ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Can AU leave chip in Starkville ? Like kiffin was left in wherever he was left at lol

Can't blame it all on one coach bud. It's hard to game plan with this caliber of OL play

1 minute ago, AUbritt said:

No. He's still got really happy feet. Couple of times we did max protect.

Happy feet yes, but hasn’t rolled as much

Man, this was ugly to watch. Again, we didn’t get any help from the officials, but we also definitely blew some opportunities.

I’m one that defends Gus, or just fears we will get a head coach even worse than him, but the way this team looked tonight, how do you get any worse coached?

1 minute ago, cammycam2 said:

I wanna know why the freak JB grimes isnt catching more heat. They may not have incredible talent but he is fielding teddy bears. He needs to go. Gus has gotta go. Stidham is so inaccurate all of the sudden, that it physically pains me to watch him pass

To add to your point, whose fault is that?

Just now, WarEagle1983 said:

Guess we see why Calvin Ashley isn't starting

Because, like his teammates, he hasn’t been coached for s*** 

1 minute ago, jluvah said:

Defense sucked tonight too. We are just not a good team.

They've been on the damn field for most of the game. At one point, it was 31 to 13 minutes, time of possession. Not even sure what it is now?

Another feather in your hat there Gustav. The hits just keep on coming. 

Welp, this game confirms it for me. Stidham ain't that great and AU's coaching staff is complete garbage. And I don't blame the defense one bit, carrying the team the last friggin 3 games! Anyone who thinks this team should have been ranked in the top 10 at any point this season is a complete and total fool.

2 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’ve not been this embarrassed and pissed off since we quit against Georgia a few years ago.

the most embarrassing losses in recent memory all come from Gus the no ******* clue wonder 

Really? This is not nearly as bad as that UGA game to me. We quit that game. Not this game, even with the refs against us.

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Really we wood be justified in firing him now and if we go 8-5 next year this programs direction is downwards even though this clown keeps telling everyone the future is bright.

The future is bright for Gus.  He has a huge buyout!

Just now, AUbritt said:

Really? This is not nearly as bad as that UGA game to me. We quit that game. Not this game, even with the refs against us.

Effort wise not so bad but embarrassing as almost any loss. This Moo State team is trash.

You give this team as is to Saban and his crew and they would be undefeated.   

We deserved to lose, even the D line got manhandled at times. But is there anyway we can get Big 10 officials to officiate our games? We get nothing from the SEC, I mean nothing!

Archived