Calling Cord Sandberg

The Plainsman

Just now, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

The OLine has been putrid but we do need a QB change

Just please dont put Sandberg in. Ill stand by this even if every other QB gets hurt 

Gotta have a change . Stidham is not helping . He is as bad as the OLine right now 

3 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Gotta have a change . Stidham is not helping . He is as bad as the OLine right now 

Joey is at worst Nick Fitzgerald, just run the read option incessantly and let him throw it up, he has a cannon. Better than letting Stidham play or putting out a 32 year old 

2 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Joey is at worst Nick Fitzgerald, just run the read option incessantly and let him throw it up, he has a cannon. Better than letting Stidham play or putting out a 32 year old 

32 year old man with a mortgage and term life insurance. Also on the eve of his first colonoscopy 

1 minute ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

if I had any reactions left Id donate you a like my boy 

Same here man. I’m drained 

JS has lost this team as much as I hate to say it. Gus is too numb skulled to try another QB even if we lose 35-3. Our D is tired and needs to Offense to do something good. At this rate, we might win 2 or games to become bowl eligible. The wheels have finally come off with JS. This pains me so much to say this.

Could Cord do something good? He is 25 years old and younger than most NFL QBs so getting hit is not an issue with him. I do like Gatewood and would be tickled if Gus had a moment of genius or something close to it.

I am not watching anymore of this game it is just too hard to see this team go down so much.

1 hour ago, doc4aday said:

JS has lost this team as much as I hate to say it. Gus is too numb skulled to try another QB even if we lose 35-3. Our D is tired and needs to Offense to do something good. At this rate, we might win 2 or games to become bowl eligible. The wheels have finally come off with JS. This pains me so much to say this.

Could Cord do something good? He is 25 years old and younger than most NFL QBs so getting hit is not an issue with him. I do like Gatewood and would be tickled if Gus had a moment of genius or something close to it.

I am not watching anymore of this game it is just too hard to see this team go down so much.

And the “fans”.  

This whole thread is a waste of time. The problem is our offensive line. Stidham is overthrowing receivers and not seeing the field because he is either 1. running for his life or 2. So used to running for his life that he’s feeling more pressure than is actually there. We aren’t benching Stidham, and to do so would be very short sighted. However, if we did, we certainly wouldn’t go to the 4th team QB.

3 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

This whole thread is a waste of time. The problem is our offensive line. Stidham is overthrowing receivers and not seeing the field because he is either 1. running for his life or 2. So used to running for his life that he’s feeling more pressure than is actually there. We aren’t benching Stidham, and to do so would be very short sighted. However, if we did, we certainly wouldn’t go to the 4th team QB.

I can understand you when it comes to not replacing JS. I don't know what the answer is but to put it all on the Oline is ridiculous. With each passing game, JS has missed open WR after open WR. Some of the pressure he creates himself. There has been many times where he could've just stepped up in the pocket and made the pass. He chooses to back peddle in the pocket and give himself no options. There is plenty of blame to go around with our offense but the OLine alone is not the blame.  

The main reason Cord could be an option is the fact that Gus doesn't even trust our 2nd and 3rd option at QB to even throw the ball down the field. Cord came into play late so of course, he's the 4th option. Again, i'm not saying bench JS but no it wouldn't be a surprise if Cord would replace JS. 

How bout Sandberg in the wildcat with Gatewood in the BIG SLOT (since we care about Malzahn's terminology) and Willis in the SLOT slot?  Flip the ball a minimum of 3 times between them all and have the Schwartz go deep along with another receiver since now we have 5 receivers? Then we could have Sandberg throw from rolling left, or pitching to Willis rolling right or handing to Gatewood up the gut.  Genius I'm telling you...no doubt!

26 minutes ago, AUFriction said:

Stidham not seeing a hot route on a corner blitz has nothing to do with the o line.

Stidham overthrowing a receiver who's open by 25 yards has nothing to do with the line.

The o line is bad, but it ain't all on them.

22 minutes ago, WarEagle1983 said:

I can understand you when it comes to not replacing JS. I don't know what the answer is but to put it all on the Oline is ridiculous. With each passing game, JS has missed open WR after open WR. Some of the pressure he creates himself. There has been many times where he could've just stepped up in the pocket and made the pass. He chooses to back peddle in the pocket and give himself no options. There is plenty of blame to go around with our offense but the OLine alone is not the blame.  

The main reason Cord could be an option is the fact that Gus doesn't even trust our 2nd and 3rd option at QB to even throw the ball down the field. Cord came into play late so of course, he's the 4th option. Again, i'm not saying bench JS but no it wouldn't be a surprise if Cord would replace JS. 

That guy is full of it. JS missed a wide freaking open Darius Slayton today with no one within 10 yards of him.

1 minute ago, DAG said:

That guy is full of it. JS missed a wide freaking open Darius Slayton today with no one within 10 yards of him.

Thanks for the warning. lol. He certainly sounds out it. 

12 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

How bout Sandberg in the wildcat with Gatewood in the BIG SLOT (since we care about Malzahn's terminology) and Willis in the SLOT slot?  Flip the ball a minimum of 3 times between them all and have the Schwartz go deep along with another receiver since now we have 5 receivers? Then we could have Sandberg throw from rolling left, or pitching to Willis rolling right or handing to Gatewood up the gut.  Genius I'm telling you...no doubt!

Please don't give Gus any ideas. lol. We may see this play next week!

Sorry,  but if you think that the problem is just the oline, you know no more than Gus.   It’s play calling, it’s teaching, it’s players learning, it’s players doing and it’s LEADERSHIP!!

The problem with Gatewwod or Sandberg is I doubt that have had any significant practice reps in quite sometime. The playbook would be extremely limited with those two. ( I know, it already is).

6 hours ago, DAG said:

It was more like 40 yards!

Everyone always wants the back up QB, until the backup QB plays.   Isn't that the old saying.

I think some of you had too high of personal expectations for him.

I find it funny that we just assume our receivers are just gonna catch the ball every time.  Remember Louis and Coates were 50/50 best when wide open.

When you don't practice/prepare for plays breaking down, it shows on the field.  (We have a coach who expects every plays first option to work)

JS can play better, no doubt.  I feel like after the interceptions against LSU, he is playing not to turnover the ball, thinking too much and it shows.  He is not just slinging the ball like last year with confidence.   As the kids use to say he has lost his swag.  He just needs to go out and play ball, have fun and sling it.

I know a bunch of you won't agree and that is cool, we are all just speculating what is going on besides the O-line and lack of adjustments and reaction from coaches to run an offense that helps the o-line and QB.

1 hour ago, 80Tiger said:

The problem with Gatewwod or Sandberg is I doubt that have had any significant practice reps in quite sometime. The playbook would be extremely limited with those two. ( I know, it already is).

And that is a big problem with Gus.. not so much the practice reps with the QBs because your #1 guy needs those as well.. my problem is that no one should have a limited playbook.. you either get it or you don’t.. when a guy comes in the game at any position he should be free to play.. I hate how Gus gives the backup QBs ‘limited’ plays.. put in Willis or Gatewood, or Sandburg doesn’t matter.. just let the guy go out and play with a wide open playbook.. see what happenes.. that reason alone is why I know a QB change won’t help unless the guy replacing him is given free reign to run the offense. 

https://www.ajc.com/sports/college/auburn-jarrett-stidham-talks-baker-mayfield-his-own-heisman-trophy-dreams/IgJrYcyghzIFzBcO5KHeIK/

I think this post says it all about JS demeanor. He speaks on about being even keel and how he cracks jokes in all before games. Not being to high or low. This is fine and dandy but then he says he learned that from Petyton Manning and Tom Brady...What? Those guys are about as intense as it gets throughout games and before games. 

Archived