Our Head Coach

Swamp Eagle

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Serious question, what is the buyout if he was fired right now? I'm down for at least $100 for the GoFundMe that needs to get started to make that happen.  I refuse to deal with 5 more years of this.

Gus is a con man. Conned the BOT and the AU President into a $47 million contract. All for a very average coach at best.

I like the players he's brought on board. I like the defensive staff he's built. I like the mentality the players generally have and the discipline on the team.

His biggest problem is that he's so set in his ways. The decision that may have cost him everything is bringing in Chip Lindsey and making him run a Gus Malzahn offense. He had an opportunity to hire a top-notch offensive coordinator and let him run his own system, but he couldn't let his offense go.

That decision may ultimately be his downfall and is why, for the first time, I no longer support Gus.

10 minutes ago, jluvah said:

Get used to it. We've got 5 more years of it.

I doubt it. The Alumni and fan base will not allow it. I give Gus at best 2 more years unless the program really turns around.

8 minutes ago, MJDub said:

Serious question, what is the buyout if he was fired right now? I'm down for at least $100 for the GoFundMe that needs to get started to make that happen.  I refuse to deal with 5 more years of this.

Buyout would be 32 million thanks to Leath. 

1 minute ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

Bobby Lowder and Tim Cook could solve this and not even blink. If the stands are empty, the rumblings will seriously start. 

One can only hope!!

Will someone please start seriously heckling our joke of a head coach? If you get it on video and it makes Twitter, YouTube, etc. I will send you a check for at least $50.

10 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Gus is a con man. Conned the BOT and the AU President into a $47 million contract. All for a very average coach at best.

And the AD

2 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Buyout would be 32 million thanks to Leath. 

If we can land men on the moon, the Auburn fanbase can raise $32 million to pull the plug on the "offensive guru"

10 minutes ago, caleb1633 said:

I like the players he's brought on board. I like the defensive staff he's built. I like the mentality the players generally have and the discipline on the team.

His biggest problem is that he's so set in his ways. The decision that may have cost him everything is bringing in Chip Lindsey and making him run a Gus Malzahn offense. He had an opportunity to hire a top-notch offensive coordinator and let him run his own system, but he couldn't let his offense go.

That decision may ultimately be his downfall and is why, for the first time, I no longer support Gus.

Welcome aboard!

Just now, AuburnEagle79 said:

Bobby Lowder and Tim Cook could solve this and not even blink. If the stands are empty, the rumblings will seriously start. 

If the stands and The town of Auburn was empty for the rest of the home games this year they would pay the buyout. While he might enjoy it he would never have another D1 job ever. I would seriously look to sue Gus for failure to do acceptable work. Maybe the fans and students could actually sue Gus and collect the 32 million he would get. Maybe if everyone didn’t show up in town the businesses could sue him for loss income.

Let’s be truthful,, we are a mediocre high school team utilizing high caliber D1 atheletes to be so.  I think that could be had for less than $60K a year.  We are so getting hosed, and will be for several more years. Call him stubborn, or just stupid, he’s the one running to the bank. I’d say he a lottery winner. 

4 minutes ago, auburntiger1987 said:

6-6 and vet a million a win. Hope we enjoy Birmingham’s or Louisiana in winter

No bowl this year

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

And the AD

Yes, the previous AD.

I’m sad for Auburn, I’m sad for the young men who came to Auburn to put it on the line for us to be entertained. I’m sad for us as fans. I’ve been anti-Gus for a while now but this is not what I want. I’m not sure where rock bottom is but unfortunately I don’t think we’re there yet.

7 minutes ago, AuburnEagle79 said:

This post made me feel a bit better. Thank you sir.

Can we, like, NEVER play in a Chick-Fil-A sponsored game EVER again?

Archived