Our Head Coach

Swamp Eagle

2 hours ago, DAG said:

So where exactly are you going with this post? 

My point was that as bad of coaching that is taking place, auburn is still just a play or two from being undefeated.   Gus isn’t going anywhere.    

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

My point was that as bad of coaching that is taking place, auburn is still just a play or two from being undefeated.   Gus isn’t going anywhere.    

We know Gus isn’t going anywhere but not because of your reasoning. That reasoning has absolutely nothing to do with it nor does it mean anything in the scheme of things. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

We know Gus isn’t going anywhere but not because of your reasoning. That reasoning has absolutely nothing to do with it nor does it mean anything on the scheme of things. 

It kinda means everything.   The head coach is not going anywhere.   Why bring up looking for another coach?   Gus is in over his head.   I’m fully aware of that and have come to the conclusion that the team is not very good.  But this team (from the start of fall practice) was not going to beat Alabama or Georgia.   I have also realized that times have changed and the Mississippi schools, LSU and Texas A&M are on equal footing with auburn.   I became an auburn guy when I started going to school there in the mid 80’s and this is how auburn has been since that time frame.   Auburn can’t get out of the way of itself. And until that changes, no coach will have sustained success over a long period of time at the level that people on this board wants.   I’m not even sure it can be achieved at auburn, not at the level that Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and what appears to be Georgia 

50 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

image.png

3 hours ago, creed said:

Re-phrase. The TEAM is losing to 1st and 2nd year sec coaches and looking bad doing it. 

I liked it the way the guy already had it written. When he has a dominant team on the field, we get the nice wins. When it becomes a coaching battle of recognizing and adjusting, he gets spanked. And I mean embarrassingly. When it's time to lead a team to a designed win, he's not even really a coach. He just pretends. 

11 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

It kinda means everything.   The head coach is not going anywhere.   Why bring up looking for another coach?   Gus is in over his head.   I’m fully aware of that and have come to the conclusion that the team is not very good.  But this team (from the start of fall practice) was not going to beat Alabama or Georgia.   I have also realized that times have changed and the Mississippi schools, LSU and Texas A&M are on equal footing with auburn.   I became an auburn guy when I started going to school there in the mid 80’s and this is how auburn has been since that time frame.   Auburn can’t get out of the way of itself. And until that changes, no coach will have sustained success over a long period of time at the level that people on this board wants.   I’m not even sure it can be achieved at auburn, not at the level that Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and what appears to be Georgia 

No it doesn’t . Who cares what might’ve happened with one or two plays bruh ? Lol. It didn’t happen. In 2013, if things don’t bounce away we don’t go to the NC . In 2016, if the clock doesn’t expire before LSU snapped the ball , Gus might’ve been fired instead of Les. However, this is not grounded in reality. Gus staying has to do with his buyout. Unless he has a losing season, his seat is still very secure. What might’ve or could’ve happened has no bearing on that.

On 10/6/2018 at 10:01 PM, CT Tiger said:

Fire Chip Lindsey and bring in Hugh Freeze! 

That's what I'm predicting will happen after this season.

3 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Then the offense will soar and Freeze will jet for an HC job. 

Then at least the buyout will be a bit more manageable. 

If we can keep Steele, kick Lindsey, and pick up Freeze and implement the offense without meddling, then we will have something special. 

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Then the offense will soar and Freeze will jet for an HC job. 

If we can keep Steele, kick Lindsey, and pick up Freeze and implement the offense without meddling, then we will have something special. 

And I think Malzahn knows this.  He and Freeze are friends, and Gus has spoken of his admiration of Freeze.  And..........................there's the added dimension of Saban's respect for Freeze.  Kinda like "if we don't get him, Saban will", even if only for the proverbial "temporary offensive analyst" position.

Just now, KolchakAU85 said:

And I think Malzahn knows this.  He and Freeze are friends, and Gus has spoken of his admiration of Freeze.  And..........................there's the added dimension of Saban's respect for Freeze.  Kinda like "if we don't get him, Saban will", even if for the proverbial "temporary offensive analyst" position.

As long as there’s a mutual respect, it could be great. Can Gus put aside his ego and let someone fully take the reins of the offense? That will remain to be seen. We sure haven’t seen it with Rhett and Lindsey. 

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

As long as there’s a mutual respect, it could be great. Can Gus put aside his ego and let someone fully take the reins of the offense? That will remain to be seen. We sure haven’t seen it with Rhett and Lindsey. 

I think Freeze would demand autonomy before signing, and garner enough of Gus' respect for it remain autonomous, and work.

4 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I think Freeze would demand autonomy before signing, and garner enough of Gus' respect for it remain autonomous, and work.

I don’t disagree. However, and I could be making this up, but Lindsey was supposedly coming in with autonomy too. 

That said, Freeze’s name carries a bit more weight than Chip’s. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I would be absolutely one hundred percent verifiably shocked if Auburn hired Freeze.  But then again I was shocked when we hired Bruce Pearl so who knows? 

It’s probably not as wild of an idea as you might think. 

13 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

I would be absolutely one hundred percent verifiably shocked if Auburn hired Freeze.  But then again I was shocked when we hired Bruce Pearl so who knows? 

I think Gus might view it as his best chance of getting back on track offensively, while also knowing how Freeze would positively affect recruiting, especially QBs and WRs.  But that's probably just my wishful thinking.  I'm so disgusted with out current situation, I think something like a Freeze hire is needed.

27 minutes ago, KolchakAU85 said:

I think Gus might view it as his best chance of getting back on track offensively, while also knowing how Freeze would positively affect recruiting, especially QBs and WRs.  But that's probably just my wishful thinking.  I'm so disgusted with out current situation, I think something like a Freeze hire is needed.

f7FdEdG.jpg

So do it now.  Fire Chip & Hire Freeze right now.  Oklahoma fired Mike Stoops on Sunday so it's not like that can't happen.... But it won't.  And I'm still not convinced the SEC nor AU PTB would allow it either.

9 hours ago, KolchakAU85 said:

Chip is leaving after the season but it’ll be because he wants out, not because he was fired. Then the onus is completely on Gus- I guess then we’ll see if he hires somebody to actually come in and be OC or if he hires another person that he can scapegoat (like RL and CL) when things don’t go well. I will be pretty fatalistic about AU football as long as Gus is in charge.

9 hours ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Freeze would excellent for Auburn next year. He would be a band-aid of sorts and wouldn't allow himself to be Gus doormat. I also think Gus likes and respects, and respects him. 

Auburn is going to have to find a way to piecemeal the next 3 seasons. Get Freeze and Kelly Bryant, pay Steele. I would love to see what Freeze could do with jarrett Stidham. He did wonders with chad Kelly.

Archived