Our Head Coach

Swamp Eagle

15 hours ago, aubaseball said:

It kinda means everything.   The head coach is not going anywhere.   Why bring up looking for another coach?   Gus is in over his head.   I’m fully aware of that and have come to the conclusion that the team is not very good.  But this team (from the start of fall practice) was not going to beat Alabama or Georgia.   I have also realized that times have changed and the Mississippi schools, LSU and Texas A&M are on equal footing with auburn.   I became an auburn guy when I started going to school there in the mid 80’s and this is how auburn has been since that time frame.   Auburn can’t get out of the way of itself. And until that changes, no coach will have sustained success over a long period of time at the level that people on this board wants.   I’m not even sure it can be achieved at auburn, not at the level that Alabama, Ohio State, Clemson and what appears to be Georgia 

Care to expound on that statement?

(And "Auburn" should be capitalized.)

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, DAG said:

No it doesn’t . Who cares what might’ve happened with one or two plays bruh ? Lol. It didn’t happen. In 2013, if things don’t bounce away we don’t go to the NC . In 2016, if the clock doesn’t expire before LSU snapped the ball , Gus might’ve been fired instead of Les. However, this is not grounded in reality. Gus staying has to do with his buyout. Unless he has a losing season, his seat is still very secure. What might’ve or could’ve happened has no bearing on that.

I think you are missing my point.   Almost every game is comes down to a few plays that determines the winner and loser.   Auburn is on the wrong end this year.    Auburn was on the right end in 2013.    If you think I’m a Gus supporter, you are mistaken.   All I’m sayin is that one, two or three plays and Auburn is undefeated.     Auburn is not was not going to beat Alabama or Georgia this year.   Auburn is a Jekyll and Hyde program and until that is fixed nothing will change 

Archived