Need a Qb

cole256

Say what you want, and I actually agree with most of the excuses....but times like this you need a leader at QB. We aren't even close to having that

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is deeper than just a QB. There are serious fundamental problems on the offense. We need a culture change similar to when Boom came in and took over the defense. Unfortunately, that will not happen with the current HC. Ride it out, take our lumps, and hope Greene makes a great hire when given the opportunity.

2 minutes ago, selias said:

This is deeper than just a QB. There are serious fundamental problems on the offense. We need a culture change similar to when Boom came in and took over the defense. Unfortunately, that will not happen with the current HC. Ride it out, take our lumps, and hope Greene makes a great hire when given the opportunity.

I know it's deeper than QB, but what I'm saying when it is.....if your team is to have any chance, you need a qb. A leader

His mind is on Sunday’s and it’s obvious we need a spark. Nothing to play for now. Get the backups in and see who is worth a s*** for next year. No one is grilling him on the sidelines and he is trash when he’s scared. With our current OL he’ll play scared all year. No pocket presence no heart overthrows would be touchdowns. Seriously we win the LSU and Mississippi State game if he just floats a ball like a high school quarterback can. Seriously Bo Nix or Robby Ashford wins this game by making a simple floater pass. 

How as a coach do you not make them practice timing until they’re blue in the face.

To save face for Stidham just lie and say he had a surgery and has to miss the rest of the year. Good luck in the pros with a real OL and a real route tree. Sorry we failed you bud but you’re failing us too. 

Stidham does not have that edge to be a leader. The number of struggles we’ve had on offense this year is about to make the defense throw in the towel too. My god the bye week cannot come soon enough.

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I know it's deeper than QB, but what I'm saying when it is.....if your team is to have any chance, you need a qb. A leader

Yep. When everyone else is struggling, you need a leader to inspire confidence. 

Just now, BigWhiskey91 said:

My god the bye week cannot come soon enough.

it'll just give the genius's on offense time to draw up a game plan that will make us even worse than what we are now

Could it be that the Clemson game last year should have been a clue?  11 sacks in that game. 

Looking back, has anything changed?  Were those sacks on the O line back then or was that the first red flag for Stidham?

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Agreed.  At least when Sean White was here and even when we struggled with him, I felt like he gave a crap and the team recognized it.  I don't see that with Stidham at all.

Edit to add Nick Marshall as well.  Dude was a leader.

I tend to disagree with comments above. The O coaching isn’t good but Stidham is just not “in it” this year. Play sandberg. Stidham isn’t going to win us anymore games

2 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

A different QB won't help what we are seeing on offense.  It's foolish to think it will.

Nah it's foolish that you can't see how he's a big problem

1 minute ago, cole256 said:

Nah it's foolish that you can't see how he's a big problem

Go back to the 4th down play.  He HAS to see that hot route.  Slayton was wide open for the first down.  He's absolutely part of the problem.

If stidham hit close to the same % of deep passes as last year (which seem to me to be even more wide open) we would be undefeated. That is simply a fact. 

Yes, we need a QB. Stidham isn't the answer. He can't hit a pass past 30 yards. It's so frustrating and I feel like I'm just venting, but Stidham is an actual terrible QB who will never make it in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

A different QB won't help what we are seeing on offense.  It's foolish to think it will.

If you add a different head coach, offensive coordinator, offensive line & offensive line coach it might....

17 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Yep. When everyone else is struggling, you need a leader to inspire confidence. 

Cam was a true leader and led by example. 

Archived