Gus Just Doesn't Hate to Lose

tigeraddikt

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After last weeks horror show, Malzahn has the look is though he doesn't give a crap if the Tigers lose or not. Since signing that new contract, Malzahn is 4-4.

On 10/10/2018 at 6:53 AM, bigbird said:

100% agree. TAMU 2014 was definitely the break point. I'm not sure it was the goaline fumble or the final NM fumble that sealed the game. Either way since then, his offense hasn't been the same, his play calling hasn't been the same, and his aggressiveness hasn't been the same. 

So I agree and disagree somewhat. I think after NM she we missed big on the JJ project that out a damper on our offense. But I still see signs of aggression and innovation ...I mean take the play last week against ST where JS missed a receiver open by 30+ yard s, if js connects with slayton it's a genius play and gus had confidence to school like that more but when your QB can't hit a man open by thirty yards it makes you think a little more about your strategy. Js over there so many plays last week. I agree we have been in a slump... But I don't have a problem with the coaching last week... For the most part. Gus out yes in position to win multiple times and the players didn't execute ... Yes you can say if players don't execute then that's in coaching and your correct to a certain degree but also you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. Gus made good calls to get scores. Js missed on at least 2 easy TDS, boobie dropped one, and the ref gave MSST one that we stopped clearly to the world... Tralee those 4 plays some and we are not digging the same song and dance right now. I'm not happy with Gus or the team but I do believe he is doing so he can to scheme around our weaknesses.

Only major complaints I had Saturday were I thought we should run more jet sweeps with Swartz that guy needs the call in his hands and I still feel like we have guys but being utilized properly

On 10/10/2018 at 2:14 PM, Auburn2Eugene said:

I'd LOVE to consistently win 10 every year. I'll settle for once in my adult life. I'm 40 now. It's happened once in my life, but it was before I knew what Auburn football was. I sure thought we were going to do it this year... But of course... #ButGus happened. 

Maybe I'm not reading your statement correctly, but literally we won 10 regular season games just last year in 2017, not to mention in 2013 and 2010 also..  So I'm not sure where you are pulling your data from.

Let's also remember the 12th regular season game wasn't added until 2006, by the way we won 10 games that year too ;)

1 hour ago, Bathel said:

Maybe I'm not reading your statement correctly, but literally we won 10 regular season games just last year in 2017, not to mention in 2013 and 2010 also..  So I'm not sure where you are pulling your data from.

Let's also remember the 12th regular season game wasn't added until 2006, by the way we won 10 games that year too ;)

I think he was referencing Auburn's inability to win 10 wins in back to back years

On 10/7/2018 at 12:57 AM, AUFriction said:

He actually really hates losing. When he loses, he stays away from everyone for like 12 hours because he becomes difficult to be around. This is honestly what makes our problems more baffling.

His problem is actually lack of confidence. He goes into each game worrying about what might go wrong. The reason for all the timeouts are Gus second ( and third) guessing himself. He can’t just do something because it makes sense like a QB sneak for 3rd and one. He thinks they will be watching for that so got to do something fancy.

Here is the real difference in Saben and Gus. Saben believes in making his players the toughest, strongest, fastest and smartest and then go to battle with anyone. Gus doesn’t care about the players he is just trying to fool the other team with his supposed smartness. 

On 10/11/2018 at 10:43 AM, Tigerpro2a said:

So I agree and disagree somewhat. I think after NM she we missed big on the JJ project that out a damper on our offense. But I still see signs of aggression and innovation ...I mean take the play last week against ST where JS missed a receiver open by 30+ yard s, if js connects with slayton it's a genius play and gus had confidence to school like that more but when your QB can't hit a man open by thirty yards it makes you think a little more about your strategy. Js over there so many plays last week. I agree we have been in a slump... But I don't have a problem with the coaching last week... For the most part. Gus out yes in position to win multiple times and the players didn't execute ... Yes you can say if players don't execute then that's in coaching and your correct to a certain degree but also you can lead a horse to water but can't make him drink. Gus made good calls to get scores. Js missed on at least 2 easy TDS, boobie dropped one, and the ref gave MSST one that we stopped clearly to the world... Tralee those 4 plays some and we are not digging the same song and dance right now. I'm not happy with Gus or the team but I do believe he is doing so he can to scheme around our weaknesses.

Only major complaints I had Saturday were I thought we should run more jet sweeps with Swartz that guy needs the call in his hands and I still feel like we have guys but being utilized properly

I think the JJ debacle outright soiled Gus's reputation with QB recruits.

Archived