Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m 110% convinced Gus doesn’t encourage anything in a gray area. I 1,000,000% believe that we have the most squeaky clean recruiting practices. He is as square as the hole he keeps trying to force the circle block into.

Is he another Bill Curry? I appreciate the fact that he’s a good man. I really do! But there’s nothing SINFUL about it. It’s called gamesmanship 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Marshall ran the read-option better than any QB I've ever seen.  And then he had a cannon to beat you over the top if you snuck up too close to defend the run.  It made him nearly impossible to defend.  He's got DB talent at the pro level, but this ain't pro football.

It’s sad Nick Marshall has a more accurate deep ball than Stidham does this year.

10 minutes ago, weagl1 said:

I thought the guys played hard but not hard enough to overcome the coaching.

I see what you did there. Nick Marshall and Cam Newton could do that.

1 minute ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

It sucks because this team has the talent to be very good. We constantly leave points on the field and allow one play here or there to determine the outcome of games. I the number of overthrows we’ve had this year is crazy. It’s like 2015 all over again. The lack of a vertical passing game is allowing teams to compact our offense. However atleast in 2015 we could run the ball even though teams knew what was coming. 

It’s baffling that I’m game six, we still do not have an identity on offense. When we cannot be the power run playaction team Gus wants us to be, we struggle for three quarters until we are forced to start going 5 wide and working the ball quickly down the field. No pulse and you can feel it. 

But damn, if we didn’t do enough tonight to give us hope before ultimately watching that hope get smashed with a QB power lol.

Well said. 16/17/18 we've only lost one or two games strait up, the rest of those losses are owned.

21 points left on the board. 14 on 2 wide open WRs for TDs and 7 fumbling crossing the goal line. So tonight, I have to change my opinion of our QB. There is something going on. He can't keep from overthrowing wide open deep receivers and it happened even when he had the time. He is having a very difficult time completing any pass over 15 yards consistently. Something is wrong with him and it's not clear what it is.

Overall, on pass pro the OL was a little better tonight. Yes, Ashley was having a tough time with their DE but not many OTs could be effective the way we were setting up. They have JS taking a shotgun snap,  taking 2-3 steps back from there, which puts him 7-8 yards back. On an outside speed rush, the OT has to ride the DE around the arc past the QB.

But, when they have JS that deep, they have him right in the arc. Few OTs in America can force an arc wide enough or deep enough when the QB is that deep. If they want JS to set up there, they have to have #27 help widen the DEs arc or JS has to end up at 4-5 yards. Ashley or Stidham aren't to blame for that, it's how they are being asked to play.

1. Gus is a 1 trick pony and that horse has left the building a long time ago 

2. Stidham is lost.  Even with protection he overthrew WRS all night. He's regressed so much from last year. 

3. The O Line And O Line Coaches Should Be embarrassed 

4. #70 Ashley had no right bring on the field tonight. None at all unless it was to give someone Gatorade 

5. This team might have only 1 win if not for the D

6. Even as a great a D as we have, they can only carry us so much.

7. CGM is in over his head

8. We should not have to settle for 4 losses every year and search for morale victories. 

We r Auburn for the love of God. Does that not mean something?  

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

His mind is on the NFL and getting married. Should have just left early like he wanted to honestly. Go underwhelm in the NFL but make more in 1 year than I’ll touch in my life.

He sure won’t get a nfl shot now. Of course his and her family has money so he ain’t going to mind to much. JS has always just been about himself. He had some fair talent but he never had the heart for the game.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

It’s sad Nick Marshall has a more accurate deep ball than Stidham does this year.

Not to mention, Marshall understood what we were trying to accomplish on offense.  Remember the TD pass in the kick six to tie it up?  He was calling to sideline to re-run the play because he saw it was open on the previous one.  He understood what was going on in real time.  I don't think Stidham has that capability.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Not to mention, Marshall understood what we were trying to accomplish on offense.  Remember the TD pass in the kick six to tie it up?  He was calling to sideline to re-run the play because he saw it was open on the previous one.  He understood what was going on in real time.  I don't think Stidham has that capability.

Dude we suck. I’m so pissed

Gus owes Cam, Nick, and Kerryon 49 million. Hell Muschamp and Steele deserve a portion of it too.

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Believe it or not this is what scares me most. This defense has been stellar for the last two years. I truest believe they have about reached their breaking point with Gus and the offense. We may se a 2012 again.

Well, the good and the bad of that season was it got Chizik out the door. The bad was it ushered in the Malzahn era.

The really bad part of this is no matter how much worse this season gets Malzahn ain't goin' nowhere.

I guess we've all heard the saying,"Got more money than sense." That certainly seems to be the case with PTB and Malzahn's contract.

You know the coaches and players with Washington have to be thinking, how in the h*** did we lose to these guys? :drink9:

1 minute ago, IronMan70 said:

21 points left on the board. 14 on 2 wide open WRs for TDs and 7 fumbling crossing the goal line. So tonight, I change my opinion of our QB. There is something about him this year because he can't keep from overthrowing wide open deep receivers. This happened even when he had the time and he is also having a very difficult time completing any pass over 15 yards. Something is wrong with him and it's not clear what that is.

The OL was better tonight on pass pro overall. Ashley was having a tough time with their DE but not many OTs could be effective the way we were setting up. They have JS taking a shotgun snap, then taking 2-3 steps back from there. That puts him 7-8 yards back. On an outside quick rush, the OT rides the DE around the arc past the QB. But when they have JS that deep, they have him right in the arc. No OT in America can force an arc on a quick twitch DE wide or deep enough when the QB is that deep. If they want to have JS set up that deep, they have to have #27 to help widen the DEs route or JS has to end up 5 yards deep. I don't blame that on Ashley or Stidham but on how they are being asked to play.

Ashley was up against one of the better DEs in the country tonight. He is probably a first rounder this year. A smart OC would have given him some help with abTE or FB

2 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Fact is Gus really doesn’t give a damn, and it shows.

Blows my mind the camera is never cutting to him chewing out a player on the sideline. I bet if anyone was lighting a fire under Stidham he would have straightened out by now. Teams reflect their coach and Gus is apathetic at best.

Marshall also had way underrated arm talent, may not have been the most accurate of all time, but he was something special when it came to being a playmaker, running or throwing 

Just now, NolaAuTiger said:

Dude we suck. I’m so pissed

Oh I'm beyond furious my brother.

1) We blow on offense and are wasting our best D in a decade.

2) Even as bad as we played on O, we should have gotten to OT.  The two TDs that the refs gifted MSU (one for them, one against us) changed the entire complexion of the game.  Fix those and it's 16-16 at the end with us driving.

Lol we can’t win with coaches. Chizik’s defense’s were trash and Gus’ offenses have been trash unless his jobs on the line. What is up what is down?

Just now, Zeek said:

Blows my mind the camera is never cutting to him chewing out a player on the sideline. I bet if anyone was lighting a fire under Stidham he would have straightened out by now. Teams reflect their coach and Gus is apathetic at best.

He’ll chew out a defensive player, or whitlow, but won’t light into Stidham or the OL. AU will never reach the next level under Gus. We’ll have a magic every few years then 8-5 pretty much every other.

1 hour ago, AubFanCT said:

1. Gus is a 1 trick pony and that horse has left the building a long time ago 

2. Stidham is lost.  Even with protection he overthrew WRS all night. He's regressed so much from last year. 

3. The O Line And O Line Coaches Should Be embarrassed 

4. #70 Ashley had no right bring on the field tonight. None at all unless it was to give someone Gatorade 

5. This team might have only 1 win if not for the D

6. Even as a great a D as we have, they can only carry us so much.

7. CGM is in over his head

8. We should not have to settle for 4 losses every year and search for morale victories. 

We r Auburn for the love of God. Does that not mean something?  

I have been hard on the OL, tonight was better, but I'm going to disagree on Ashley. He was riding the all American DE around the arc but we have JS setting up too deep.  A shotgun snap plus 2-3 steps is just too deep. It's right at the maximum arc an OT is able to force the DE. I agree with much of the rest of your post. 

1 minute ago, Maverick.AU said:

He’ll chew out a defensive player, or whitlow, but won’t light into Stidham or the OL. AU will never reach the next level under Gus. We’ll have a magic every few years then 8-5 pretty much every other.

Agreed, we win in spite of Gus

For anyone who wanted to see a true QB just look across the line tonight. NF gave his all. Never quit. When they failed the score he came off thei field and went down the line and apologized to each of the players saying it was his fault. That what a leader looks like. If I’m a nfl scout I take NF way before I take JS

Oh I'm beyond furious my brother.

1) We blow on offense and are wasting our best D in a decade.

2) Even as bad as we played on O, we should have gotten to OT.  The two TDs that the refs gifted MSU (one for them, one against us) changed the entire complexion of the game.  Fix those and it's 16-16 at the end with us driving.

Brother, we’re a basketball school now. Our football talent is subpar. And guess what, there’s not a snowball’s chance in hell for us to change anything after this season. $49M!!!

1 minute ago, NolaAuTiger said:

Pathetic performance. How in the hell is $49M justified!!!!!

Justified it was never justified it came because everyone was scared of losing him to Arkansas. And since he had beaten Ga and Bama back to back he turned into one of best coaches in football. Little along if they had looked at the facts and direction of the program that it was further from the truth. Should have let him leave and try and find a coach and quit for love of everything stop with the buyouts and let a coach actually earn his extensions and his job at Auburn.

Archived