Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

Our defense practices against our offense.  Of course they get the feeling they are world beaters, who doesn’t facing this O?

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Because Marshall had talent...

Yes defensive back talent. It’s a shame, that people like you, are so thrilled after a tough loss.

Gus sickens me. No fire in him after a loss like that and Steele saying that’s not Auburn defense and we’ll get it fixed. Too late we’ve lost to two middling divisional opponents.

My ex from college is one of the interviewers and we’re texting. She’s floored how he doesn’t seem phased. Ridiculous.

8 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

How about we make a deal with Arkansas and buy out Morris’s contract. Then they can get their dream candidate they wanted so badly 

Pretty sure ol Gus burned his bridges there by flirting with them and then leaving them high and dry. I'll bet the Waffle House there won't even seat him.

Mikey and awb or whatever his name is has already stated they would support Gus no matter what as long as he is the ball coach at AU. Might as well not even debate with them

Just now, AU-24 said:

Yes defensive back talent. It’s a shame, that people like you, are so thrilled after a tough loss.

You are dumb. You just say stuff, you don't even care if it makes sense or anything

I thought the guys played hard but not hard enough to overcome the coaching.  It’s the same old story.  Every time we get our hopes up here we go again, down the tubes. The defense is beat up and worn out already and we are only half way through the season.  Stidham is so gun shy he can’t even hit a guy running down the middle of the field 30 yards behind the coverage. This team is headed for 7-5 if we are lucky,   6-6 more likely.  War Eagle!  It is what it is.

1 minute ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

Oh I had this down as a loss. I really didn't want to believe it, but I did. And now after this performance I honestly am not feeling too good about any game left on our schedule. 

After last week I said this team could be 5-7 or 7-5 depending on how the ball bounces. I think 7-5 is a stretch....Once again, a preseason highly ranked Auburn team crapping the bed. 

5 minutes ago, doug3020 said:

I'm not Nostradamus,  but did anybody else not see this coming?

Yes I already knew that we would be terrible on offense but there is no way I could see us giving up 400 yards rushing to a team they cannot pass. Epic fail on both sides. I also think Stid has regressed so much that he is close to being a liability.

Glad I’m traveling Europe with the wife and can’t watch this debacle of a season. Been three weeks since I’ve seen AU play, will miss the Tenn game and I care 0% if this is the kind of performances the fans can expect. 

1 minute ago, Tigger1985 said:

The annoucers called it about giving our right tackle help, how can coaches not see this? We were getting held big time all night no calls..

I think our coaches don’t do a good job of teaching our players to cheat when they can. Since SEC refs suck so bad, they should. Deshaun Davis basically got tackled by MSU guard on that last TD 

Just now, DAG said:

Mikey and awb or whatever his name is has already stated they would support Gus no matter what as long as he is the ball coach at AU. Might as well not even debate with them

At least Mikey can use logic to offer rebuttal. You can't find a worst poster than @AU-24. He/she is awful

I’m dead serious though. No sense in starting Stidham anymore this season. We need someone ready for next year or it’s more of the same. Put someone in who isn’t afraid to step up in the damn pocket.

JB Grimes should have been fired two weeks ago. Chip needs to go since we can’t get rid of Gus!

2 minutes ago, AUJedi said:

I think our coaches don’t do a good job of teaching our players to cheat when they can. Since SEC refs suck so bad, they should. Deshaun Davis basically got tackled by MSU guard on that last TD 

I’m 110% convinced Gus doesn’t encourage anything in a gray area. I 1,000,000% believe that we have the most squeaky clean recruiting practices. He is as square as the hole he keeps trying to force the circle block into.

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

I’m dead serious though. No sense in starting Stidham anymore this season. We need someone ready for next year or it’s more of the same. Put someone in who isn’t afraid to step up in the damn pocket.

JB Grimes should have been fired two weeks ago. Chip needs to go since we can’t get rid of Gus!

That’s one thing I’ll give MW at least he isn’t afraid. He may not always do the smartest thing but I promise you he cares and will give the effort that’s a lot more than we get from Stidham 

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Marshall ran the read-option better than any QB I've ever seen.  And then he had a cannon to beat you over the top if you snuck up too close to defend the run.  It made him nearly impossible to defend.  He's got DB talent at the pro level, but this ain't pro football.

It sucks because this team has the talent to be very good. We constantly leave points on the field and allow one play here or there to determine the outcome of games. I the number of overthrows we’ve had this year is crazy. It’s like 2015 all over again. The lack of a vertical passing game is allowing teams to compact our offense. However atleast in 2015 we could run the ball even though teams knew what was coming. 

It’s baffling that I’m game six, we still do not have an identity on offense. When we cannot be the power run playaction team Gus wants us to be, we struggle for three quarters until we are forced to start going 5 wide and working the ball quickly down the field. No pulse and you can feel it. 

But damn, if we didn’t do enough tonight to give us hope before ultimately watching that hope get smashed with a QB power lol.

The ONLY team in the SEC worse than us is Arkansas...and it’s close

3 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

That’s one thing I’ll give MW at least he isn’t afraid. He may not always do the smartest thing but I promise you he cares and will give the effort that’s a lot more than we get from Stidham 

His mind is on the NFL and getting married. Should have just left early like he wanted to honestly. Go underwhelm in the NFL but make more in 1 year than I’ll touch in my life.

Archived