Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

26 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

You are so full of hate, I feel bad for the sad life you must live. Cheer up, better days ahead.

See stuff like this. Just talk saying random stuff. Horrible. If you don't agree with him/her it's hate 😆. No you just don't know what you try to talk about. A troll without the talent to troll

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had convinced myself Stidham was great. With him leading the offense, and a rock solid defense, we were going to go somewhere. In all honesty he is playing beyond horribly. I watched him last year with my own two eyes. believed the hype this year as I had no reason not to.. and everybody said he was the best quarterback in the SEC. He is by no means an SEC caliber quarterback this year. What in the world happened?  He is playing so very badly. I am perplexed. Kim Martin can not get to play against a quality opponent. He just does not have what it takes. I think we need a scrapper like Cord Sandberg. He cannot be any worse then our first round NFL draft pick. Who by the way, is not going to be drafted. His numbers are atrocious and he’s even worse live. I love Auburn and I appreciate the players but he just doesn’t seem to even want to be out there.

11 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

The year is 💯 over. Nothing left to play for of any meaning . 2 loses in the league and more coming. 

Just remember this next week before kickoff.  Tennessee hasn't won a league game in nearly two years.  They get two weeks to prepare for our game.  If we lose that one, all bets of winning anything more than 5 are off.

6 minutes ago, cole256 said:

See stuff like this. Just talk saying random stuff. Horrible. If you don't agree with him/her it's hate 😆. No you just don't know what you try to talk about. A troll without the talent to troll

42 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Not to mention, Marshall understood what we were trying to accomplish on offense.  Remember the TD pass in the kick six to tie it up?  He was calling to sideline to re-run the play because he saw it was open on the previous one.  He understood what was going on in real time.  I don't think Stidham has that capability.

Nick Marshall understood everything about how to win, and how to carry a team on his back. Nick was a fearless leader. The only thing he couldn't do was fix that anemic defense. 

2 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Just remember this next week before kickoff.  Tennessee hasn't won a league game in nearly two years.  They get two weeks to prepare for our game.  If we lose that one, all bets of winning anything more than 5 are off.

If we lose to UT, does buyout talk get REAL? 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

You are correct my man . Once real hardware is not winnable. I get completely uninterested. Also I don’t know if this team can beat Tennessee. 

1 minute ago, AUJedi said:

If we lose to UT, does buyout talk get REAL? 

I don't think so.  

1) It's ridiculously expensive.

2) How do you get a top quality coach to come here if you run off someone after a 10 win season and West title?  It's bad optics.  He needs 2-3 seasons like this consecutively to make buyout talk real.

3 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Nick Marshall understood everything about how to win, and how to carry a team on his back. Nick was a fearless leader. The only thing he couldn't do was fix that anemic defense. 

When Nick Marshall took the field I felt like AU would win every game . Until the score board read zeros I knew there was always a chance

2 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Thank you. But yet here we are where a guy who is a proven winner is talked down and a guy that was super hyped but hasn't shown it yet is exalted....I don't think we have a loss on our record if Marshall was the qb. JS needs to have a sit down and watch himself and get this scary play corrected

1 minute ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think so.  

2) How do you get a top quality coach to come here if you run off someone after a 10 win season and West title?  It's bad optics.  He needs 2-3 seasons like this consecutively to make buyout talk real.

What if (I don’t really even want this) things got 2012 bad this season? Would changes happen? 

4 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think so.  

:vomit:

I hope after 2019 we can pull the trigger. Problem is, if we "rebound" to go 8-5 (the usual Gus record), that might be bad optics.

What if (I don’t really even want this) things got 2012 bad this season? Would changes happen? 

Well it's already better than 2012.  We've actually won a conference game this year.  This is more comparable to 2008 where we started ok then went 5-7.

1 hour ago, AUJedi said:

How about we make a deal with Arkansas and buy out Morris’s contract. Then they can get their dream candidate they wanted so badly 

Arkansas fans are laughing at us right now. Morris team seems to be fighting more lately. Better days will come.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

I don't think so.  

I’ll convince my NYC connections to buy him out. We’ll give them some equity in exchange.

4 minutes ago, AUwent said:

:vomit:

I hope after 2019 we can pull the trigger. Problem is, if we "rebound" to go 8-5 (the usual Gus record), that might be bad optics.

Yup.  You need 3 straight years of 8 wins with no wins over rivals to really start talking buyout and have a legit reason within the coaching community.  And then we'd have to throw a dump truck full of money to get anyone that isn't a gamble.

7 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

How do you get a top quality coach to come here if you run off someone after a 10 win season and West title?  It's bad optics

I think quality coaches can see that Gus is an average or below coach. They probably know we’ve succeeded in spite of him. I don’t think this would scare off as much as we might think 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Yup.  You need 3 straight years of 8 wins with no wins over rivals to really start talking buyout and have a legit reason within the coaching community.  And then we'd have to throw a dump truck full of money to get anyone that isn't a gamble.

Great. We have to wait three years while our recruiting falls apart and we become what Nebraska is now. See y'all in December 2020! /s

7 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

When Nick Marshall took the field I felt like AU would win every game . Until the score board read zeros I knew there was always a chance

He had a quiet but very profound confidence. Everybody felt it. JS seems like a nice,talented kid but he is unsure of himself and his offensive team mates. He is not the leader that Nick was. 

I think quality coaches can see that Gus is an average or below coach. They probably know we’ve succeeded in spite of him. I don’t think this would scare off as much as we might think 

Eh, I disagree about the last sentence because coaches do want to feel like they have a little leash.  Agree though that good coaches probably see through this charade on our sidelines.

1 minute ago, AUwent said:

Great. We have to wait three years while our recruiting falls apart.

That's the thing.  We always attract talent.  It's the one major selling point we have besides money.  Even when we suck, we recruit really well.  It's actually quite weird.

9 minutes ago, AubWes33 said:

So did it look and sound like Gus didn't care post game? Same old stuff he says every week? 

It looked like he has no clue where to begin to turn things around. 

Lots of "we got to get better" and "we will turn the page tomorrow" and "we will have to look at the film to see what happened there" and "we will improve, no doubt...."  That's about it.

1 minute ago, Shift said:

It looked like he has no clue where to begin to turn things around. 

Lots of "we got to get better" and "we will turn the page tomorrow" and "we will have to look at the film to see what happened there" and "we will improve, no doubt...."  That's about it.

So in other words, second verse same as the first, broken record ad naseum

Archived