Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

And what should the AD do right now? Nothing. Let it play out as of now. If it remains the same Gus will bury himself. 

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, OnthePlains said:

If Stoops would even consider it our PTB would have to give him full control of the program...you think they are ready to do that yet?  

Is there any reason to believe that Gus does not currently have full control of the program?

12 hours ago, jptiger said:

Get out the big checkbook and call Bob Stoops.

Heck, I'd settle for his brother right now.  Ky would curb stomp Auburn.

40 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

Rough. 

In the country we're also:  

• 96th in total offense 
  • 99th in passing offense
  • 108th in 3rd down conversion
  • 112th in penalty yards
  • 93rd in time of possession

You're trying to ruin my day right ? Go ahead, admit it.  :(

50 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't see the point of you asking me that question. That's just an example of the weird stuff you do. Who else but you, is on here talking about the AD?? Most people like talking football.....for whatever reason it's the last thing you ever want to do.

Care to speak on any of the lies you told? That's what I'm interested in

What you’re calling lies...you have argued nonstop on here will StatTiger, Coach Jay, Mikey, Me and everyone else that disagrees with you. You argue and say rude things to everyone and anyone on here, you don’t agree with.

And since you’re pretending you don’t know what I mean discussing the AD, you despise most of the coaching staff, but you love the A.D. So since the coaching staff is so bad, when is the AD going to step up and do something about it?

32 minutes ago, DAG said:

And what should the AD do right now? Nothing. Let it play out as of now. If it remains the same Gus will bury himself. 

Honestly, how long do we let it play out? Being serious with you now. If we end up with three or four more losses, is it time for the AD to step in?

49 minutes ago, selias said:

I posted it last night but, I'll throw it up here again. Granted, I know we're not getting rid of Double Bubble anytime soon due to $$ but the numbers on the page are dreadful

http://hasgusmalzahnbeenfiredyet.com/

THANK YOU. I'm hoping these numbers would show why getting rid of him, at least after next year, wouldn't be "bad optics."

I'd love to hear an analysis from those who were saying this was coming even when we were 2-0 (WDEWDE).

13 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

What you’re calling lies...you have argued nonstop on here will StatTiger, Coach Jay, Mikey, Me and everyone else that disagrees with you. You argue and say rude things to everyone and anyone on here, you don’t agree with.

And since you’re pretending you don’t know what I mean discussing the AD, you despise most of the coaching staff, but you love the A.D. So since the coaching staff is so bad, when is the AD going to step up and do something about it?

When did I EVER say I love the AD? I've exchanged words with stat once, and you know what that means anybody I've debated they also debated me...it's a forum it's no big deal. And you have insulted me much more than I've ever insulted you. And you don't talk football so what were wearguing about? 

But once again show a post about your claim you just made about the AD....you literally just make stuff up and then want to argue about it

When did I ever say I despise most of the coaching staff? Where are you getting this stuff?

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

When did I EVER say I love the AD? I've exchanged words with stat once, and you know what that means anybody I've debated they also debated me...it's a forum it's no big deal. And you have insulted me much more than I've ever insulted you. And you don't talk football so what were wearguing about? 

But once again show a post about your claim you just made about the AD....you literally just make stuff up and then want to argue about it

When did I ever say I despise most of the coaching staff? Where are you getting this stuff?

May want to go back and read your own posts. I hope you have a happy Sunday.

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Wait a minute!!! LMFAO!!! You are saying I love the AD because he is black!!!!! LMFAO!!! You dummy! You really messed up on this one! I've NEVER even spoken on the AD before. Hey whatever you are Mr or Mrs. Please stop talking to me. You are pathetic

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

May want to go back and read your own posts. I hope you have a happy Sunday.

No you pull it up if it's true. I can't pull up that I don't care about the AD. If I'm lying show the post! I don't even know the AD's name. And in the same breath I didn't ever talk about the AD we had before him

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Honestly, how long do we let it play out? Being serious with you now. If we end up with three or four more losses, is it time for the AD to step in?

Nah @DAG don't let him/her use you to weasel out of this one. 

6 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Yeah its Auburn.

If Gus did not have full control of the program, the game plan for Clemson in 2016 would have never seen the light of day.

4 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

If Gus did not have full control of the program, the game plan for Clemson in 2016 would have never seen the light of day.

I’m not really talking so much about on field stuff but the backroom politics stuff like Tubs put up with. Saban has full control over every square inch of the program and I don’t believe Gus has that. 

Its also why we keep hiring duds over and over. 

1 minute ago, OnthePlains said:

I’m not really talking so much about on field stuff but the backroom politics stuff like Tubs put up with. Saban has full control over every square inch of the program and I don’t believe Gus has that. 

Like what?  I see no evidence that Gus lacks the control he would need to either succeed or fail, and I doubt he cares much about backroom politics, whatever they may be.  Auburn is hardly alone in the hiring duds over and over category.

8 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Like what?  I see no evidence that Gus lacks the control he would need to either succeed or fail, and I doubt he cares much about backroom politics, whatever they may be.  Auburn is hardly alone in the hiring duds over and over category.

When he let the administration influence him (rumor) on the offensive end. Why would an offensive mind say he is relinquishing offensive duties? 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/gus_malzahn_retiring_offensive.html

Still debating how true all of this is.

24 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Jacobs hired back to back coaches with one of his criteria being that he could control them because they'd owe him big time.  I'm going to start a thread tomorrow once the dust settles a little about the culture at Auburn that has allowed this to fester, and if we have a chance to turn the ship around relatively quickly or not.

8 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

Ok bro. I don’t  feel like the back and forth. Carry on. 

2 minutes ago, thrustmaxwell said:

Jacobs hired back to back coaches with one of his criteria being that he could control them because they'd owe him big time.  I'm going to start a thread tomorrow once the dust settles a little about the culture at Auburn that has allowed this to fester, and if we have a chance to turn the ship around relatively quickly or not.

Thank you. I’m sure you have more info than I. I’ve just watched Auburn football implode time and time again no matter the coach and I know all the talk about thise who actually control the program. 

2 minutes ago, OnthePlains said:

Thank you. I’m sure you have more info than I. I’ve just watched Auburn football implode time and time again no matter the coach and I know all the talk about thise who actually control the program. 

I have some bits and pieces, some interpolation, extrapolation, and an acerbic wit.  It's enough to get pretty dang close.

6 minutes ago, DAG said:

When he let the administration influence him (rumor) on the offensive end. Why would an offensive mind say he is relinquishing offensive duties? 

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2017/01/gus_malzahn_retiring_offensive.html

Still debating how true all of this is.

I debate it too, as I am never a big fan of basing a concrete opinion on rumor(s) or conspiracy theories.  That said, I would expect the administration to apply some form of pressure when necessary, and Gus has certainly earned it.  I suspect that is the reality at any major program.  Meet or exceed expectations, and you get left alone.  Lose or underachieve, and you get heat.  What I do not see is Gus suffering from any lack of control over the program that would be causing failure.  That is why I used the game plan for Clemson in 2016 as an example that he obviously has control.  If he has enough control to trot that nonsense out on national TV, then what control does he really lack?

If he fails, that is on him, not the PTB bogeymen.

10 minutes ago, Strychnine said:

I debate it too, as I am never a big fan of basing a concrete opinion on rumor(s) or conspiracy theories.  That said, I would expect the administration to apply some form of pressure when necessary, and Gus has certainly earned it.  I suspect that is the reality at any major program.  Meet or exceed expectations, and you get left alone.  Lose or underachieve, and you get heat.  What I do not see is Gus suffering from any lack of control over the program that would be causing failure.  That is why I used the game plan for Clemson in 2016 as an example that he obviously has control.  If he has enough control to trot that nonsense out on national TV, then what control does he really lack?

If he fails, that is on him, not the PTB bogeymen.

I am not arguing success and failures. I am asking why would someone who prides themselves on the offensive side of the ball all of a sudden retire from the side completely?  I do think there was some heat to let the offense go. I also think he originally wanted KB but that was shot down and now we have CCL. Again, just my opinion, but it is strange that someone would come out and say something like this, if they have complete control. 

Obviously now, he has complete control after putting his poker face on once we defeated UGA and Bama. But prior to that? I don’t think he had any leverage. 

Archived