Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

5 minutes ago, DAG said:

I am not arguing success and failures. I am asking why would someone who prides themselves on the offensive side of the ball all of a sudden retire from the side completely?  I do think there was some heat to let the offense go. I also think he originally wanted KB but that was shot down and now we have CCL. Again, just my opinion, but it is strange that someone would come out and say something like this, if they have complete control. 

Obviously now, he has complete control after putting his poker face on once we defeated UGA and Bama. But prior to that? I don’t think he had any leverage. 

Stating that he was retiring his offensive duties struck me as a response to pressure, and preparing to push Chip Lindsey onto the sword to save his job.  He said the same thing about handing over playcalling to Rhett Lashlee.  I am not convinced anything really changed in either instance.  Offense struggled, he got heat, he "handed over" playcalling, they steamrolled the weaker teams, heat eased off, then back to normal.  When he was not carrying it around, I doubt the clipboard was ever far away.

I can absolutely see the admin preventing Gus from hiring Kendall Briles, but solely due to PR concerns.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Strychnine said:

Stating that he was retiring his offensive duties struck me as a response to pressure, and preparing to push Chip Lindsey onto the sword to save his job.  He said the same thing about handing over playcalling to Rhett Lashlee.  I am not convinced anything really changed in either instance.  Offense struggled, he got heat, he "handed over" playcalling, they steamrolled the weaker teams, heat eased off, then back to normal.  When he was not carrying it around, I doubt the clipboard was ever far away.

I can absolutely see the admin preventing Gus from hiring Kendall Briles, but solely due to PR concerns.

+1

Miss State beat Auburn at our own game last night.  They ran the same jet sweep read play over and over from a 5 wide set and spread the defense out to either stop Fitz or their RB.  I remember a coach who use to run over teams running the same zone read play over and over again.  

On 10/7/2018 at 4:16 PM, thrustmaxwell said:

Jacobs hired back to back coaches with one of his criteria being that he could control them because they'd owe him big time.  I'm going to start a thread tomorrow once the dust settles a little about the culture at Auburn that has allowed this to fester, and if we have a chance to turn the ship around relatively quickly or not.

You still doing this?

I was at work halfway watching on my phone trying not to get fired. Then left early Sunday to the beach only to be run off by a damn hurricane. Just now seeing full screen rewatch. What do we know about the inadvertent whistle?

Archived