Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

He shouldn't get paid for any week that ends in a loss. I bet Auburn football would get better if he lost a paycheck! Stidham came back because he had something to prove. So far he has proved he is excellent on overthrowing receivers even those that are wide open!

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

For those praising the defense you might want to go back and look how many arm tackles were missed. How many times they were juked out of their jocks. The defense did not play a good game. Steele will be the first to tell you that and to tell you they were flat out coached tonight. If I was a coach on that team tonight I would give my paycheck back this week out of shame for my part of this crappy showing.

Time of Possession was 42 to 18. They definitely faded down the stretch.

3 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I’m officially off the Gus bus. My question: how did this guy beat Alabama and Georgia last year? I just don’t get him.

UGA round 1 was helped out a ton by UGA mistakes. Go back and rewatch the game.

1 minute ago, AU-24 said:

Believe me, I’m not happy with him now either. But how did he win the SEC with Nick Marshall? How did he beat Alabama and Georgia last year? And then come out and absolutely smell the place up tonight? I just don’t get it.

Because Marshall had talent...

6 minutes ago, WeaglWeaglWDE said:

This team is done. Gus has officially lost this team. And there's nothing we can do about it. 49 million reasons to keep this trash. And even if we paid it, who in their right mind would come here at this point?

Yep- we watched our o kill our d tonight.  It’s a wrap

5 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I’m officially off the Gus bus. My question: how did this guy beat Alabama and Georgia last year? I just don’t get him.

Kerryon Johnson and Kevin Steele-in spite of Gus

What did we honestly expect? We didn’t deserve the #8 ranking, seriously. We have THE WORST offensive line in the SEC, our defense is good, not great, Stidham is playing scared and wants to be in the NFL, and our coach couldn’t call his way out of a wet paper bag. 

I’m sorry to be all doom and gloom but we are going 8-5 if we are lucky this year. We need an entirely new offense for next year and we have to hope we don’t lose too much defensive talent

I have a lot to say but for now I will just say this was a complete loss from top to bottom. Coaches and players are to blame on both side of the ball. Epic failure. 

3 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Time of Possession was 42 to 18. They definitely faded down the stretch.

They missed tackles and got out physicalled from the first possession. Defense was bad tonight- ted roof style tackling

3 minutes ago, wareagleguy said:

NM was a baller par excellence

Saved Gus's ass more than once. One of the most fearless players I've seen at Auburn.

2 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

Yep we should have learned with Chizic as soon as we give them a high buy out they quit caring. Who wouldn’t rather take 32 million now rather than having to work the next 6 years.

Whoa, Chiz did not quit caring. He STILL does. The O fell apart because we tried to switch systems and didn't have the players(especially at QB) and the D just didn't have the same talent we were used to. I honestly think Chiz could do better than this right now. 

8 minutes ago, MJDub said:

$32 million is all we need to pull the plug. Let's get started.

Maybe a dumb question but isnt that buyout only due if he doesnt take another job? Or did i make that up? I dont think he would stay away from the game

3 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

What did we honestly expect? We didn’t deserve the #8 ranking, seriously. We have THE WORST offensive line in the SEC, our defense is good, not great, Stidham is playing scared and wants to be in the NFL, and our coach couldn’t call his way out of a wet paper bag. 

I’m sorry to be all doom and gloom but we are going 8-5 if we are lucky this year. We need an entirely new offense for next year and we have to hope we don’t lose too much defensive talent

Our defense is GREAT when they have a reason to be. I place NO blame on our D

Just now, CR said:

Saved Gus's ass more than once. One of the most fearless players I've seen at Auburn.

Fearless would be oh so good right about now

12 minutes ago, jetermary said:

Anyone that bought season tickets should be given a refund! How depressing!

Isn't that the truth. My face Value on the tickets are all over $65 and I am selling the ones I cannot go to for $7. But hey charge ridiculous season ticket prices so we can pay Gus big salary . AHAH what a joke 

8 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Believe me, I’m not happy with him now either. But how did he win the SEC with Nick Marshall? How did he beat Alabama and Georgia last year? And then come out and absolutely smell the place up tonight? I just don’t get it.

I think Kerryon Johnson was a lot better of a player than even we realized. 

Honestly . It is okay to say we were wrong . I absolutely didn’t want to get pidgeones hole in a deal last year but I felt that maybe Gus turned the corner after the opening game. Nope. I was completely wrong. I don’t care about having an unknown at this point. I can’t rationalize paying a coach this type of money to lose to Mississippi State.

Just now, AU Is Gold said:

Fitzgerald was running that ball and they did nothing to stop him.

If Gus can’t help scheme to stop a zone read what is he good for?

Can the university find a 'cause' to release him and not have to pay the $32 million like they did with the baseball coach???...I can't afford $32 million, but I can send the university $3.20...

Archived