Mississippi State Post Game Thread

Zeek

Just now, DAG said:

Honestly . It is okay to say we were wrong . I absolutely didn’t want to get pidgeones hole in a deal last year but I felt that maybe Gus turned the corner after the opening game. Nope. I was completely wrong. I don’t care about having an unknown at this point. I can’t rationalize paying a coach this type of money to lose to Mississippi State.

I honestly feel so bad for Washington. What voodoo magic did we pull to beat them? Bet if we had a rematch they’d piss on Gus.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only highlight of the night for me was corchjay threatening to drive to another members town slap him and choke him out in 20 seconds.  If Gus could only have that fire as a coach, of course someone coaching children this is probably not a good thing

Offensive line wasnt bad tonight. play calling played to their advantage especially early on. Stidham did not execute on critical passes. The play calling was decent- my only gripe is that we went away from straight passes and went to PA passes too much in the 2H. 

Defense missed ab 1m tackles. They had to tackle two dudes: the rb and fitzgerald. Thats it. Steele is talking ab it right now hes pissed

1 minute ago, tigerman1186 said:

Can the university find a 'cause' to release him and not have to pay the $32 million like they did with the baseball coach???...I can't afford $32 million, but I can send the university $3.20...

If there were ever a time to reveal any skeletons we might know about now would be the time. Unfortunately, as a man comes, I would assume Gus is one of the most squeaky clean coaches of all time. He wouldn’t cheat on a Spanish test with the teacher out of the room. 

4 minutes ago, selias said:

I can't wait for the spin from abw, corch, and Mikey

They'll have plenty of room to stretch out on the Gus Bus. Some of their supporters hopped off tonight.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I have a lot to say but for now I will just say this was a complete loss from top to bottom. Coaches and players are to blame on both side of the ball. Epic failure. 

Amen on this.  Started from the first play of the game.   Threw a pass to a guy that was standing out of bounds.   I do believe auburn would have won if the touchdown before halftime would have called correctly. But regardless of that play,  we are a middle of the road sec team, period.   When I saw the first game and the line was front push, I knew it was going to be a long year.   I did not think that JS would be playing as bad as he has been playing 

Just now, Auhud08 said:

Offensive line wasnt bad tonight. play calling played to their advantage especially early on. Stidham did not execute on critical passes. The play calling was decent- my only gripe is that we went away from straight passes and went to PA passes too much in the 2H. 

Defense missed ab 1m tackles. They had to tackle two dudes: the rb and fitzgerald. Thats it. Steele is talking ab it right now hes pissed

He should be. Their qb cant Pass. It was a pretty easy assignment.

13 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

For those praising the defense you might want to go back and look how many arm tackles were missed. How many times they were juked out of their jocks. The defense did not play a good game. Steele will be the first to tell you that and to tell you they were flat out coached tonight. If I was a coach on that team tonight I would give my paycheck back this week out of shame for my part of this crappy showing.

Yep, the defense had a bad game.  If I read it right, they alllowed Fitzgerald to run for damn near 200 yards?  Bad bad bad, and they couldn’t get off the field to save their lives.

Even corchjay would have to admit Gus has underachieved here. I imagine he got a ban but that isn’t his character. The frustration has caused us to act out and it is one defining variable.

3 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I just hate to see us regress... in every area of the game. What are we good at? 

Special teams?

6 minutes ago, selias said:

I can't wait for the spin from abw, corch, and Mikey

Oh Lord, awb is working on his rough draft now. :roll eyes:

Tonight besides being off the Gus Bus I am also off the Stidham van. On the 4th down pass when a player is that open you don't overthrow him by 7 yards. you throw it so even if he has to stop he catches it. The rollout to the left at the 7 yard where he threw to Slayton in the corner. Slayton was so open a decent throw is a TD. Slayton had to sky for the ball and also try and get one foot down.  While it was catchable it should have been an easy catch with a decent throw.

Boobie should have tucked the ball I think it was a TD. We stopped Fitzpatrick at end of first half bad call by officials and replay. Biggest surprise was when Miss State RB ran long way almost to side line multiple times then turned up field for nice gains the Corners never came up. Those should be plays for losses not gains. To much arm tackling and not wrapping tonight by whole team. This is worse game LB's have played all year.

2 minutes ago, Auhud08 said:

Offense showed some life in 2nd half. Why couldn’t we have had that the whole game??? Might have been a different game. But OL still horrible overall. I want MW to play just to see if they suck that bad or maybe they just hate Stidham 

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Tonight besides being off the Gus Bus I am also off the Stidham van. On the 4th down pass when a player is that open you don't overthrow him by 7 yards. you throw it so even if he has to stop he catches it. The rollout to the left at the 7 yard where he threw to Slayton in the corner. Slayton was so open a decent throw is a TD. Slayton had to sky for the ball and also try and get one foot down.  While it was catchable it should have been an easy catch with a decent throw.

Boobie should have tucked the ball I think it was a TD. We stopped Fitzpatrick at end of first half bad call by officials and replay. Biggest surprise was when Miss State RB ran long way almost to side line multiple times then turned up field for nice gains the Corners never came up. Those should be plays for losses not gains. To much arm tackling and not wrapping tonight by whole team. This is worse game LB's have played all year.

Corners got held all night. Not an execuse but its what happened

2 minutes ago, keesler said:

Yep, the defense had a bad game.  If I read it right, they alllowed Fitzgerald to run for damn near 200 yards?  Bad bad bad, and they couldn’t get off the field to save their lives.

Believe it or not this is what scares me most. This defense has been stellar for the last two years. I truest believe they have about reached their breaking point with Gus and the offense. We may se a 2012 again.

2 minutes ago, Shift said:

Special teams?

We fumbled a punt that led to a touchdown and missed another long field goal even though we probably should not have kicked it.

I would say that tonight we were terrible in every phase.

14 minutes ago, Metalsinger418 said:

What did we honestly expect? We didn’t deserve the #8 ranking, seriously. We have THE WORST offensive line in the SEC, our defense is good, not great, Stidham is playing scared and wants to be in the NFL, and our coach couldn’t call his way out of a wet paper bag. 

I’m sorry to be all doom and gloom but we are going 8-5 if we are lucky this year. We need an entirely new offense for next year and we have to hope we don’t lose too much defensive talent

You are dreaming if you think we win 4 more.  2, maybe 3 tops.  But only 1 (liberty) wouldn't surprise me.

1 minute ago, doug3020 said:

I'm not Nostradamus,  but did anybody else not see this coming?

Oh I had this down as a loss. I really didn't want to believe it, but I did. And now after this performance I honestly am not feeling too good about any game left on our schedule. 

Archived